.......idle jottings

ho-hum

Mr. Hum, our old friends from SD Mexico Dick & Jenny posted a video on Facebook showing SD II making a good turn of speed into the waves. Guess the old girl has a bit of get up and go left in her.:D

You bet; SDII is "flying" along to make up time to arrive at appointed time in SJ, PR.

Mr. Hum, our old friends from SD Mexico Dick & Jenny posted a video on Facebook showing SD II making a good turn of speed into the waves. Guess the old girl has a bit of get up and go left in her.:D

Color me impressed by a successful video posting from SD!

To Ho Hum and others on the crossing, per the other thread all the work planned for the recent dry dock was not completed. Any status or insights would be greatly appreciated! Had understood they were planning both mechanical and non-mechanical work. Curious what was not done on time. Enjoy the crossing! We have not done one yet but we signed up for the April 2017 voyage.

This is not a new phenomenon even though it sux for those on board to some extent. I can recall a departure from Southampton on QE2 with lots of "passengers" in jumpsuits with rolls of carpet or tools over their shoulders. Lots of work got completed on"our watch". Beware of right out of drydock or especially maiden voyages. There will be issues. But then, at some level, there always is.

Happy crossing Ho Hum and Blondie. Glad you're back online at last. I guess Craven Cottage will have a spare seat available tomorrow!!!

Here's a new screen saver I found!!!

Hi dearest Poppy....only back very occasionally sorry to say.

The screen saver sent Fulham to the worst home defeat of the season !

Maybe someday they will have the tv channels. At least it probably wouldn't be raining in the Caribbean. By the way we're at our condo in Destin ready to celebrate.

You know we lived in Destin for a long time. Have lots of friends there........Be careful about opening the door to the Pizza Guy.......:eek: Roll Tide!!:D

Letter from Captain Remi Eriksen received yesterday evening at 7.00pm, 11 November, 2015.

"I would lke to personally apologise for any dissatisfaction you experienced during this trans-Atlantic voyage from Lisbon to San Juan. Unexpected issues emerged during dry-dock which caused both our delay from Lisbon and a delay in completing all the necessary maintenance tasks. As such, you were witness to repair work, painting and the like. Compounding matters, we had a last minute change of Captain. Captain Willassen will be missed by our guests, crew and shoreside team. He wont be far from our thoughts, as we are pleased to announce, his son Kris has just joined the company in our Oslo office.

I am sorry the voyage did not go as smoothly as planned. Though I hope you fully enjoyed the fine cuisine and the attentive service of our crew. As a result of the unfortunate disappointments you experienced, we are providing you an additional..............."

Details of discounts then outlined.

"Everyone at SeaDream wishes for the opportunity to serve you again under better conditions. We hope that you will provide us the pleasure of welcoming you back aboard in the future"

Windstar is having a pretty good sale, ends today, as low as $1,300 for a week in the Caribbean. We have not cruised with them before, but have a trip on the Legend booked in March. Booze not included, but someone posted a wine list and it was decent, and at fair prices. Cabins on the sailing vessels are pretty small, but those ships actually use their sails, seems like fun.

Windstar is having a pretty good sale, ends today, as low as $1,300 for a week in the Caribbean. We have not cruised with them before, but have a trip on the Legend booked in March. Booze not included, but someone posted a wine list and it was decent, and at fair prices. Cabins on the sailing vessels are pretty small, but those ships actually use their sails, seems like fun.

Have fun. Be sure to take your Capt's. hat.:eek::D

Thanks. Sadly, the Legend has no sails, just carbon dioxide spewing diesels....

By the way, have you ever read any of the threads where CC members discuss how much they like that brand x cruiseline is going "green" by using napkins, etc. made from recycled materials??? I had to jump into one of those threads, that was getting really self-congratulatory, and remind them that their massive cruise ship was sucking down tons of fuel oil and spewing "carbon" at a rate greater than entire third-world countries. Not to mention grinding up sea turtles right and left with its props and skewering baby whales with its protruding bow... Unless a ship uses sails only, it aint anywhere near "green". And the luxury ships use far and away the most fuel per passenger. Not to mention the tons of jet fuel used getting to the cruise.

Anyone that cruises regularly can't talk about "climate change"....

(Disclosure - I support global warming, since if the sea level rises my ocean view will get better. Plus it drops below 70 deg F here in San Clemente in the winter :eek:)

image.jpg.0058421caf959ea4780c8c62087452dc.jpg

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

Thanks. Sadly, the Legend has no sails, just carbon dioxide spewing diesels....

By the way, have you ever read any of the threads where CC members discuss how much they like that brand x cruiseline is going "green" by using napkins, etc. made from recycled materials??? I had to jump into one of those threads, that was getting really self-congratulatory, and remind them that their massive cruise ship was sucking down tons of fuel oil and spewing "carbon" at a rate greater than entire third-world countries. Not to mention grinding up sea turtles right and left with its props and skewering baby whales with its protruding bow... Unless a ship uses sails only, it aint anywhere near "green". And the luxury ships use far and away the most fuel per passenger. Not to mention the tons of jet fuel used getting to the cruise.

Anyone that cruises regularly can't talk about "climate change"....

(Disclosure - I support global warming, since if the sea level rises my ocean view will get better. Plus it drops below 70 deg F here in San Clemente in the winter :eek:)

I'm with you Sundance. I just can't get into "green" being recycling napkins out of toilet paper.:eek: Enough already. Really "green" would be to reverse the population explosion that has been going on for a hundred years. BTW, the sails on Windstar are, for the most part, decoration for sailboaters. No way they could maintain their schedules without the dino powered diesels.

Sounds like interesting times on this crossing ho-hum:eek:

Sorry to hear about Capt. Terje departure. I wonder if he will be joining other SD alumni crew on Azamara:confused:

Hi DJ,

That would be possible. A "walk off" just after returning from time off is usually a bridge burner for a Captain. (Ask me how I know:eek:) So I don't expect to see him back at SD but it would not surprise me to see him pop up at AZ. SD has removed his picture from the website.

Hi DJ,

That would be possible. A "walk off" just after returning from time off is usually a bridge burner for a Captain. (Ask me how I know:eek:) So I don't expect to see him back at SD but it would not surprise me to see him pop up at AZ. SD has removed his picture from the website.

Things that make us go Hmmm .... or ho-hum:p

Thanks for the education!