.......idle jottings

ho-hum

I have always had trouble uploading pictures to CC. Others post lots of full size. Just have not bothered to spend the time to work it out. Could be as simple as using Firefox as a web browser. Who knows? We do want to see your pictures. Especially of Blondie.:D:D

It's not rocket science Jim !

You captained a ship !

OK ho hum will give Firefox a try.

[attach]325159[/attach]

Ho Hum, am attaching a pic to see it if uploads on here (first time I've done this).

Enjoy your time on SD!

Eureka !!!!!!! (Well ho hum is in Greece).

Following on from Jim's contribution, May ho hum respectfully enquire which we browser you favour with electronic communications over the ether ?

Dearest ho-hum,

Tonight, especially for you, I wear my RED belt - don't hesitate to contact me ... ;)

Lovely Hydra, strolling through the narrow streets, had a drink at a cafe near the pier before tendering back to SD Ii.

Tomorrow have to get up early - Korinth channel at 8 a.m.

Now it's time for dinner under the stars. :)

Dearest gcmv,

Sorry old chap, ho hum did not check CC before venturing out to check for gentlemen supporting their trousers with a red belt.

Quite a dashing figure you must have looked.

You certainly were not at the disco this evening.

Having an early night for the Corinth Canal tomorrow no doubt.

Yes ho hum May be elusive but you must have noticed blonde ?

Shy, retiring lady often found dancing on tables !

Her laugh pierces metal !

Yes.....that's blondie and ho hum won't be far behind languishing in her metaphorical shadow.

Ho hum will be wearing his new Sea Dream creation. A sooty pocca dotted linen shirt.

OK so what garb are you intending to wear at cocktails tomorrow ?

We must meet up.

But be ready for a dreadful disappointment.

This really is quite unfortunate. However, I will be happy to bring some spare shirts if you like. My bowling team has a bunch of extras available. Just let me know.....

Bowls ! You play bowls ?

What the kind you jettison along the lawn towards a thingy me jib ?

Surely not.

Your team has extras available ?

Ho hum does'nt think we are talking about the same thing.

Ho hum is pretty sure that members of bowling teams in the UK firstly have their own shirts and secondly they are always white.

Your kind offer is very much appreciated though.

The offending g funnel is no longer chucking out lumps of powdery coal so danger over.

Blondie has also managed to obtain free laundry for ho hum. So ho hum will soon be attired in a clean and freshly pressed linen shirt.

Are you flying straight in or are you staying in Roma ?

Bowls ! You play bowls ?

What the kind you jettison along the lawn towards a thingy me jib ?

Surely not.

Your team has extras available ?

Ho hum does'nt think we are talking about the same thing.

Ho hum is pretty sure that members of bowling teams in the UK firstly have their own shirts and secondly they are always white.

Your kind offer is very much appreciated though.

The offending g funnel is no longer chucking out lumps of powdery coal so danger over.

Blondie has also managed to obtain free laundry for ho hum. So ho hum will soon be attired in a clean and freshly pressed linen shirt.

Are you flying straight in or are you staying in Roma ?

Well,, my bowling days are long over. They probably ended about the same time as you took that NZ flight I got such a chuckle about a few months ago.

Glad to hear that the soot danger has ended for the time being and that free laundry was offered up by SD. The Mrs. and I may just bring some of our dirty laundry and slip them in with yours. Think they'd notice?

We are flying in Friday morning and spending Friday night at La Posta Vecchia on the coast about midway between Rome and Civitavecchia. We learned the hard way (we went to Nice/NCE while our luggage went to Venice/VCE and caught up with us at our hotel at the conclusion of a 7 day cruise) to leave a slight margin for error.

Speaking of the Mrs., she would appreciate Blondie's assessment of the standard pouring Champagne currently on offer on board. Thanks in advance for the info.

Edited by ctbjr1309

Eureka !!!!!!! (Well ho hum is in Greece). Following on from Jim's contribution, May ho hum respectfully enquire which we browser you favour with electronic communications over the ether ?

Ha! Well, when in Oia! :D

Ho Hum, I'm just using Safari (iPad).

Thing I did notice is CC has maximum photo size limitations depending on your photo's file type (jpeg, jpg, bmp, etc)....& that info is displayed when you go to upload your photo - so definitely check that out. Might need to resize your photo?

Strange, because it seemed your other photos came through on your previous trip reports OK (albeit some required us to stand on our heads, but they did come through!)...are you doing something differently this time?

Ha! Well, when in Oia! :D

Ho Hum, I'm just using Safari (iPad).

Thing I did notice is CC has maximum photo size limitations depending on your photo's file type (jpeg, jpg, bmp, etc)....& that info is displayed when you go to upload your photo - so definitely check that out. Might need to resize your photo?

Strange, because it seemed your other photos came through on your previous trip reports OK (albeit some required us to stand on our heads, but they did come through!)...are you doing something differently this time?

Lets try again !

Ho hum did a trial and it worked.

Photo should be of Hydra yesterday morning before breakfast.

Ha it worked !

image.jpg.35a35d4233d53e900de57a9f96aa1097.jpg

Dearest ho hum,

First of all sorry for the typos - I'm just at the very front of our vessel to take perfect fotos using my mobile phone.

Well, let me think about, what to wear tonight?

The very red belt again?!

No - I want to top it!

I will wear my YELLOW longarm shirt with a colourful inside sleeve and colourful armends ( sorry for not knowing the correct words).

We will find each other - I'm 100% sure!

Jacket or no jacket, it really depends on what you are most comfortable in. Like Jim, I have a jacket for the airplane, and might wear it once more, depending on the weather. With a " collared " shirt you will be vey comfortable, if that is is what you prefer. I don't think you see many polo shirts in the evening, but certainly short sleeves and a few Hawaiians drift through too on most voyages. Very relaxed to very elegant, depending on who is on board....

And the reason dear readers ho hum had tried to attach a photo in the first place was to warn you all about heeding the dress advice from Abenaki or any other advice that he is inclined to bestow on whatever subject whether qualified to do so or (invariably) not.

For hopefully displayed in the photo below, is one of the range of outfits he persuaded ho hum to invest in for this voyage to portray the contemporary sophisticated traveller abroad.

It was only after having begun smugly promenading the wide footpath running around the perimeter of the port of Piraeus in his newly acquired "Cabana" ensemble that ho hum found a group of rough boys (ragamuffins if you will) walking behind him pointing and convulsed in laughter at this supposedly elegant man about town.

Then the chorus of laughter was joined by beggars, itinerant musicians, cafe owners and then cafe dwellers as he continued his promenade !!

Following this embarrassing ridicule, ho hum quickly returned to his hotel and donned more conservative apparel to continue the promenade much to the disappointment of the now huge crowd that had gathered outside baying once more for a glimpse of the humorous spectacle.

Ho hum failed to exit the hotel which soon caused the crowd to turn ugly and the hotel was pelted with various missiles causing a unit of riot control police being diverted en route from an economic austerity protest against the government, to ho hum's hotel to break up the now angry mob.

A larger group of protesters outside nearby Parliament square believing that the riot police were oppressing a smaller group of fellow Marxist workers then mis-guidedly joined in the protesting crowd outside ho hum's hotel and it was only finally broken up after several rounds of tear gas were deployed

[/php][/[YOUTUBE

The furore, that following Abenaki's advice created, made the 10 o'clock news as well as questions in Parliament and a vote of confidence in the fragile government was demanded.

By the time we leave Greece, military rule could return to the country: not seen since the early 1970's. A potential military coup has put old rival enemies Turkey on high alert.

And all because ho hum listened to Abenaki's advice (ho hum may have embellished events slightly but in essence the story is essentially true): you have ho hum's word.

image.jpg.46cb89c57fc161f109a1d1c3de1ccb1c.jpg

Well,, my bowling days are long over. They probably ended about the same time as you took that NZ flight I got such a chuckle about a few months ago.

Glad to hear that the soot danger has ended for the time being and that free laundry was offered up by SD. The Mrs. and I may just bring some of our dirty laundry and slip them in with yours. Think they'd notice?

We are flying in Friday morning and spending Friday night at La Posta Vecchia on the coast about midway between Rome and Civitavecchia. We learned the hard way (we went to Nice/NCE while our luggage went to Venice/VCE and caught up with us at our hotel at the conclusion of a 7 day cruise) to leave a slight margin for error.

Speaking of the Mrs., she would appreciate Blondie's assessment of the standard pouring Champagne currently on offer on board. Thanks in advance for the info.

Blondie rates the champagne as adequate which ho hum think is a fair assessment.

It has the advantage of some bottle age.

It is called JACQUART.

Cheekily the bar staff are offering a Cramant de Limoux as champagne !

They know better than to offer this impostor to us but a very nice new waiter did just that !

Quelle horeure !!

Cant help with the laundry. We were caught taking in laundry from other fellow passengers at cut rates but they questioned ho hum's ownership of a cocktail dress.

And lets hope baggage arrives with you this time. If not ho hum has a range of pocca dotted shirts you can hire !!

Very fashionable.

Dearest ho-hum,

Just a few lines out of the coach that brings us back from delphi.

Am I right, that you didn't make this trip to the top of the mountains?

Surely you are sitting in one of the bars at the harbour testing local food and wine?!

Tonight the chef prepares something something special for us:

MOUSSAKA!!!

We met him at lunch and he was as fantastic as his food-preparation ...

See you later at the captains welcome - YELLOW is trendy ;-)

Blondie rates the champagne as adequate which ho hum think is a fair assessment.

It has the advantage of some bottle age.

It is called JACQUART.

Cheekily the bar staff are offering a Cramant de Limoux as champagne !

They know better than to offer this impostor to us but a very nice new waiter did just that !

Quelle horeure !!

Cant help with the laundry. We were caught taking in laundry from other fellow passengers at cut rates but they questioned ho hum's ownership of a cocktail dress.

And lets hope baggage arrives with you this time. If not ho hum has a range of pocca dotted shirts you can hire !!

Very fashionable.

Thanks for the Champagne report. It was happily received and much appreciated. As for laundry and baggage, so it goes. I appreciate the kind offer of shirt rental and hope not to find myself taking advantage of it!

Posta Vechia? One of my most fave hotels!! Love from the champagne assessing person xx!

We are looking forward to our brief stay there. I guess they know of our impending arrival as I recently received an email alerting me to a scheduled "Soiree" (their term, not mine) at their restaurant that evening.

Never having been invited to or attended a Soiree, I'm not entirely certain what to expect or why the likes of me would be invited but we'll certainly make the best of it. However, we may take a pass on the Swing Concert that precedes the Soiree. We'll be happy to provide details at your leisure post embarkation.

Please thank the CAP for the love and assessment. Back at you both.

We are looking forward to our brief stay there. I guess they know of our impending arrival as I recently received an email alerting me to a scheduled "Soiree" (their term, not mine) at their restaurant that evening.

Never having been invited to or attended a Soiree, I'm not entirely certain what to expect or why the likes of me would be invited but we'll certainly make the best of it. However, we may take a pass on the Swing Concert that precedes the Soiree. We'll be happy to provide details at your leisure post embarkation.

Please thank the CAP for the love and assessment. Back at you both.

I think a "Soiree" is what Yankees do that we Southerners (prior to the Westward migration) might call a "Hoe-Down"?:eek::D

I think a "Soiree" is what Yankees do that we Southerners (prior to the Westward migration) might call a "Hoe-Down"?:eek::D

Jim, that's all well and good but please bear in mind that we're neither dealing with Yankees nor Southerners here. This is a Southern Italy operation we are dealing with.....

Lets try again !

Ho hum did a trial and it worked.

Photo should be of Hydra yesterday morning before breakfast.

Ha it worked !

Congrats on your uploading achievement, Ho Hum! I especially like the pic of the matching his/her outfits - quite fashionable and easy to spot your mate in a crowd. Also like the pink & blue shoes....personalizes the outfit for a nice sense of individuality.

After reading through this hysterical thread this morning I can tell this SD adventure is going to be one fun ride!! :D

Dearest ho-hum,

Just a few lines out of the coach that brings us back from delphi.

Am I right, that you didn't make this trip to the top of the mountains?

Surely you are sitting in one of the bars at the harbour testing local food and wine?!

Tonight the chef prepares something something special for us:

MOUSSAKA!!!

We met him at lunch and he was as fantastic as his food-preparation ...

See you later at the captains welcome - YELLOW is trendy ;-)

So we were travelling from Hydra to Galaxidi yesterday meaning we had to pass through the Corinth canal beginning our forty minute journey at 8.0am.

A wonderful spectacle. Hope you like the photo from our usual breakfast and lunch table.

Ho hum is inclined to regard this backwater as the equivalent of "behind the bike shed" where all the naughty boys and girls gather between lessons to fool around in a quite juvenile manner.

Except all the films ho hum saw of American kids was seeing them drive up in rocking great cars. They usually adjourned to the Diner where they fooled around.

Well this is a kind of meeting place of those kind of kids judging by the posts of late.

Haha

Finally met gcmv last night whose disappointment of meeting ho hum was counterbalanced by meeting blondie.

Frau GCMV was also encountered. A lovely lady of evident education and sophistication both of whom spoke wonderful English and were impeccably mannered.

How they endured meeting a Neanderthal like ho hum with such grace and charm is remarkable and a testimony to their upbringing.

Well we had a wonderful time at cocktails and foolishly (for them) we plan to dine together this evening accompanied by our English friends of very long standing.

It will give ho hum precious time to consult Wikipedia and gather as much information about their home town of Heidelberg to at least appear somewhat educated.

Wish ho hum luck, if he fails it may be the last we hear of gcmv !!! (To be dropped like a stone, no doubt).

image.jpg.7a954d74fc723ba01569bf28d625c78b.jpg

Dearest ho-hum - please tell the whole story!

Gcmv wanted to make sure, before bearing ho-hum's company that the evening will not start as a total disaster. As a result of this, gcmv engaged a woman from neighbourhood-stateroom with a yellow blazer to do a pre-check and sent her out to the pool-bar for half an hour.

Ho-hum who always reads gcmv's not properly only saw "YELLOW" and began to overtext this pitiful woman for the whole time - she nearly contacted the Security-Officer, bcause ho-hum followed her whereever she went.

But as we all know, ho-hum is always thursty and when he get his Champagne refill at the bar, the woman send an SMS to gcmv that ho-hum should be Ok and that he and his can come out to the pool-bar.

About 0,3 seconds after gcmv "entered stage" ho-hum started a loud laugh, let the "yellow" woman stood alone (he always does this, which is quite rude) and ran to his new cc- friend gcmv. To be honest, after 0,1 seconds he gave his only attention to Frau gcmv, which is such a lovely woman as ho-hum's blondie is.

Well, before our cruise started, many cc-posters contacted me to write some more details about ho-hum here on this board. Sorry - I can't!

He is so special - just have to book a SD-cruise he is on and get to know him personally.

Tonight we will have dinner with him in his dinghy (they put his table there not to bother the other guests) and this will be a real adventure for us - perhaps it might be the safest to put his friends between us and him - thank god he brought them with him (gcmv does not know, how much ho-hum paid them to accompany him - it must be an outstanding amount!)

No folks, I'm just kidding! He is a real nice guy in his best years, warm-hearted and adorable and always good for surprises.

Today he bought an outstanding greek dessert in a bakery at Fiskado for blondie, him and his friends. When he saw gcmv at the lunch-dessert-buffet, he came and offered him a big, big peace of his sweet treasure, arranged plates and cutlery and disappeared as fast as he emerged - that's ho-hum!

I'm looking forward to dinner with him, blondie and his lovely friends!

Hello Ho Hum, love the tag btw... :)

We are on seadream II feb 14th St.Thomas--- St.Thomas. Itinerary # 119800

First noticed it paired with Perry Golf adverts. So we are playing a couple of nice golf courses as our excursions. We will be traveling with another couple and I cannot wait to get their views on Seadream....

Kathy.