.......idle jottings

ho-hum

Here I stand, hat in hand, looking Ho hum in the eye. I take a deep bow and say, 'thank you for your wonderful words, the beautiful lines and the soft sarcasm in your idle jottings. Be it drivel or not, it has been pure pleasure.

AJPeter

Jen, I want to be there when you and Vandrefalk sing "Sweet Caroline" together with Zoltan as the back up! Not to be missed! Need to get that one planned one of these days. Of course, I will just enjoy since I don't sing.

Where is the "like" buttom? Will sing Sweet Caroline anytime with DJ!

HoHum, please don't abandon us! You are the highlight! Just so sorry I won't be in your part of Posh UK next month!

Vandrefalk

I agree that we need to cruise together! I'm sure Zoltie will be able to coax whatnot into joining us in song.:p

Darlings and Dears,

You are all getting yourselves in such a tizz over this "Family Cruise" thingame.

Ho hum has spoken to the gorgeous Lady A who informs ho hum tha it is essentially some scam to get business.

BL has told them too.

Ho hum has been investigating too.

It is a nonsense.

Book away !

And have no fear.

Ho hum

PS

Ho hum hopes you are checking on Jim from time to time

Knew that we could count on you to set the record straight!

Mr. Ho-Hum is on strike apparently.

No, but almost.

Even in the posh part of England, where ho-hum lives, the labor unions are very incisive.

The writers union doesn't allow more than 391 posts without making an appropriate silent period ... :D

Forgive me, I had no idea Mr. Hum's post SeaDream partum depression was so pronounced. If you will ship him out here (prepaid of course) I will enroll him in the Dr. Jim's Desert Cleansing Program. Up before dawn. Hike Camelback Mountain before a breakfast of Huevos Rancheros with Tequila Therapy. Drinking a gallon or more of pure water each day will be a total shock to his system but, in the end, will produce the desired results. Baking in 44 to 45C unfiltered sunlight will soon remove the sanatorium pallor from his exterior whilst the Tequila Surprise will take care of the innards. Before he knows it, he will be a new man and back at his jottings regardless of the barbs of his critics. I stand ready to help.:D

Just a "heads up" to all you idle jottings folks.... I will not allow this thread to belittle or insult other CC members. If this continues I will delete this thread permanently. BTW if you have noticed any deleted posts, I am the one who, in my sole discretion, deleted them.

Thank you.

Just a "heads up" to all you idle jottings folks.... I will not allow this thread to belittle or insult other CC members. If this continues I will delete this thread permanently. BTW if you have noticed any deleted posts, I am the one who, in my sole discretion, deleted them.

Thank you.

Got it. Sorry if I unintentionally offended anyone.

I have been absent from this thread (and all of CC) for a while caring for DW who recently had some surgery. Thankfully she has fully recovered and neither of us no longer need to eat my cooking or wear clothes that I tried to iron.

If there were ever any belittling comments on this thread, I never saw them. Lots of good-natured kidding and irreverent comments, yes. And I hope this thread continues in that vein as it has given me many laughs and grins.

As usual or at least often I agree with Commodore Dave. Just arrived Copenhagen today for our first non SD voyage. On Monday we try Silver Whisper for a week to the Norwegian fjords. Will advise how it goes and how it compares to SD.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It surely is boring around this board with Mr. Hum's daily postings missing. I hope his time at Shrublands is proving beneficial. One must manage to consume somewhat "normally" between SeaDream voyages. That pesky never ending glass of wine.:eek::D

Sorry dearest ho-hum, I know, this is YOUR thread, but today I received the best out-of-office-reply ever and I like to share it:

"Dear colleague,

actually I’m enjoying sun, blue sea, mediterranean food and wine and therefore answering my mails in a bat©h mode rather than “real time” until I’m back at work in September ..."

Is he a Seadreamer??? ;)

I'm counting the days - 23 days left to get onboard SD II ... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Early morning in the posh part of the UK.

Autumnal and a tad nippy and grey.

In less than 3 hours, ho hum and blondie will be landing in sunny Athens where it is 30degs.

From the airport we take a limousine to Piraeus.

Not a great fan of Athens especially since the economic downturn.

Check into a business hotel.

And a five minute walk and we will be having early supper in a wonderful taverna: all fresh salads, chilled local wines....

Oh and we are travelling with two chums who also live in the posh part of the UK just a thirty minute walk away from us.

He is ho hum's oldest friend. A very lucky man to have had the benefit of ho hum's life experience all these years. He has some good qualities too. The ability to be very patient and forgiving of his friends.

Charlie and certain gentleman from Heidelberg are likely to be onboard. Everybody loves Charlie.

The man from Heidelberg is not known to ho hum but we have chatted on this thread. A charming, funny and educated gentleman. Ho hum's kinda guy.

Must pack !!'