.......idle jottings

ho-hum

Sorry dearest ho-hum, I know, this is YOUR thread, but today I received the best out-of-office-reply ever and I like to share it:

"Dear colleague,

actually I’m enjoying sun, blue sea, mediterranean food and wine and therefore answering my mails in a bat©h mode rather than “real time” until I’m back at work in September ..."

Is he a Seadreamer??? ;)

I'm counting the days - 23 days left to get onboard SD II ... :)

Silly ho hum....just been talking about you.

Look forward to meeting up.

Go to the TOYB...look for a sophisticated gentleman, immaculately dressed, looking gorgeous: that'll be Charlie !!!

Ho hum will be sitting next to him !!

No Ketel One either. Now, a nice cold beer is an entirely different matter.

Where's ho hum manners ?

Not forgetting you Charlie (who is probably in the air): look forward to a meeting at the Office !

We cant let our ladies go spending like they did in San Juan !!

Just about cleared the credit card !!!

Oh and have a great trip Gantt too (though he still has no idea who ho hum is: think ho hum will keep him guessing).

The man from Heidelberg is not known to ho hum but we have chatted on this thread. A charming, funny and educated gentleman. Ho hum's kinda guy.

The man from Heidelberg writes a few lines from lovely Mykonos, where gcmv and his wife had a few days to "come down" before the demanding cruise with ho-hum, blondie and outstanding Charlie.

Though they had no German rieslings here on this island, gcmv had some wonderful white blends of local grapes and sauvignon blanc together with the catch of the day, grilled and served with delicious vegetables and a lemon olive oil sauce.

This was served at Utopia - one of the most spectacular restaurants, gcmv has ever been. Ho-hum, just for your imagination: Sitting on a well-decorated terrace, an infinity pool in front of you, the sun goes down behind the small mountains that surround Elia Bay and a tenor sax player next to you and "your other half" and after dinner a Mastika from Chios island at the bar as a nightcap - INCREDIBLE!!!

Thanks god, ho-hum and his iddle jottings are back again on this board and onboard SD II. See you tomorrow - keep your fingers crossed, that the "20-seat-Olympic-Airways-Turbo-Prop-Jumbo" will bring us savely to Athens Airport and the taxi uninjured through Athens traffic jam ...:)

Not forgetting you Charlie (who is probably in the air): look forward to a meeting at the Office !

We cant let our ladies go spending like they did in San Juan !!

Just about cleared the credit card !!!

Oh and have a great trip Gantt too (though he still has no idea who ho hum is: think ho hum will keep him guessing).

Not to worry, h-h. I'm confident that you haven't forgotten us. We are still landlocked and soaking in the heat and humidity of Florida for a few more days.

You will have the benefit of Week 1 on SD2 w/o us. We are scheduled to catch up with you in the bustling metropolis of Civitavecchia on the 20th. We look forward to that and I do expect that we'll have a meeting or two at the Office.

And just to set the record straight, the particular spend-a-thon to which you refer occurred in St. Thomas, rather than San Juan. I do not forget such memorable events. And ever since, I have done my best to avoid cruises beginning or ending in STT.

Have a great week. We look forward to seeing you and Blondie soon......

The man from Heidelberg writes a few lines from lovely Mykonos, where gcmv and his wife had a few days to "come down" before the demanding cruise with ho-hum, blondie and outstanding Charlie.

Though they had no German rieslings here on this island, gcmv had some wonderful white blends of local grapes and sauvignon blanc together with the catch of the day, grilled and served with delicious vegetables and a lemon olive oil sauce.

This was served at Utopia - one of the most spectacular restaurants, gcmv has ever been. Ho-hum, just for your imagination: Sitting on a well-decorated terrace, an infinity pool in front of you, the sun goes down behind the small mountains that surround Elia Bay and a tenor sax player next to you and "your other half" and after dinner a Mastika from Chios island at the bar as a nightcap - INCREDIBLE!!!

Thanks god, ho-hum and his iddle jottings are back again on this board and onboard SD II. See you tomorrow - keep your fingers crossed, that the "20-seat-Olympic-Airways-Turbo-Prop-Jumbo" will bring us savely to Athens Airport and the taxi uninjured through Athens traffic jam ...:)

Well my friend, you have done it in style.

Our hotel in Piraeus is adequate.

But the taverna we loved has new management and it was terrible.

Greece you have to try harder.

A lot harder.

So it's SD tomorrow.

It's been a while.

And we had a hell of a time obtaining the tickets.

Suffice to say booking handling is not just incompetent but rude t'boot !!!

Blondie had BIG eruptions with their cavalier attitude.

Well at least weather in Piraeus is wonderful.

Just realised Charlie and his lady board next week in Rome.

Buenos Dias Ho-Hum. Good to hear from you. I know you will do a bang up job of keeping us non-attendees apprised of events onboard. Looking forward to your jottings.:D

Oh its Jim.

How are you matey ?

Ho hum will idle jot a bit if you wish.

Hope you are keeping well, old friend.

Not to worry, h-h. I'm confident that you haven't forgotten us. We are still landlocked and soaking in the heat and humidity of Florida for a few more days.

You will have the benefit of Week 1 on SD2 w/o us. We are scheduled to catch up with you in the bustling metropolis of Civitavecchia on the 20th. We look forward to that and I do expect that we'll have a meeting or two at the Office.

And just to set the record straight, the particular spend-a-thon to which you refer occurred in St. Thomas, rather than San Juan. I do not forget such memorable events. And ever since, I have done my best to avoid cruises beginning or ending in STT.

Have a great week. We look forward to seeing you and Blondie soon......

As always ho hum stands corrected.

It is the sheer eagerness of meeting up that befuddles one.

Until Rome old friend (err Rome's port).

Ho hum came on early to check that your arrival was to your exacting standards.

Oh its Jim.

How are you matey ?

Ho hum will idle jot a bit if you wish.

Hope you are keeping well, old friend.

Managed to make it through another Summer (with a slight side trip to Telluride for some cool air) and the weather is becoming beautiful again. Hope the weather holds for you as well. All the best to you and Blondie.

WOW Ho Hums back :). Have fabulous cruise. Im just back from that neck of the woods and it was very very hot. In the 40's. Just keep hydrated with plenty of liquids, preferably sparkling!! I did! Enjoy the sunshine and enjoy your trip, sure beats sitting in a stadium in Reading today;).

Hello everyone!

Felt the need to say this as I read through some of the posts and threads....

Compared to some of you Seadream veterans, Hubby and I are fairly new to the Seadream Yachts . Feb 14th 2015. Will be our 3rd hopefully ,fantastic experience. The one thing that always encourages us to return are the friendships made while on board. Also! Reading through some of the offerings here on Seadreams cruise critics. Just wanted to say...You guys! And Gals ROCK!!... It all feels so friendly and warm compared to other forum sites for travel . So, a BIG!!! Thank you and keep the posts coming for us newbies!:D

Kathy.

WOW Ho Hums back :). Have fabulous cruise. Im just back from that neck of the woods and it was very very hot. In the 40's. Just keep hydrated with plenty of liquids, preferably sparkling!! I did! Enjoy the sunshine and enjoy your trip, sure beats sitting in a stadium in Reading today;).

Haha.

Kick a man when he's down why dont you !!

How worse can it get for Fulham FC ?

Ho hum might have to find his old boots if it carries on like this.

Substitute ho hum after 15 minutes, knees are not what they used to be.

Nice to hear from you too sweetie.

Ho hum will take your advice.

So lashings of champagne ?

OK ho hum will give it a go then.

Must keep hydrated. If that's what it takes.

We had a fantastic meal tonight tho' the soot from the funnel has poca dotted ho hum's linen shirt !!!

Moored off Hydra and we were left to a beautiful display of the lit harbour when a firework display began or had Albania invaded Greece ?

Well it was lovely.

It seems we are the last up so turning in now.

Hello everyone!

Felt the need to say this as I read through some of the posts and threads....

Compared to some of you Seadream veterans, Hubby and I are fairly new to the Seadream Yachts . Feb 14th 2015. Will be our 3rd hopefully ,fantastic experience. The one thing that always encourages us to return are the friendships made while on board. Also! Reading through some of the offerings here on Seadreams cruise critics. Just wanted to say...You guys! And Gals ROCK!!... It all feels so friendly and warm compared to other forum sites for travel . So, a BIG!!! Thank you and keep the posts coming for us newbies!:D

Kathy.

What a lovely thing to say.

And what's more....how true.

Ho hum will be on SDII in mid-February (but you dont mention which one you are on).

Always great to have a new view.

So hope you post again.

So we had a wonderful day in Hydra.

It is coming to the end of the season.

Locals reclaiming their town and chatting in the cafes.

Weather is divine. Blue skies, warm and bright light.

Imagine Leonard Cohen scribbling in a corner drinking ouzo, coffee and dragging on a cigarette penning a poem or some other idle jotting.

So wanted to share a photo of Hydra with you wonderful people

BUT

try as I may, it fails every time......and this is not the first time

Of course ho hum has notified CC and hope they are investigating it

Meanwhile could you try uploading a photo: send it if you wish. Maybe a photo of home or your pet. You could try uploading and if it works you can cancel it but let ho hum know if it is working for you.

Another email to help@cruisecritic.com would help too.

I have always had trouble uploading pictures to CC. Others post lots of full size. Just have not bothered to spend the time to work it out. Could be as simple as using Firefox as a web browser. Who knows? We do want to see your pictures. Especially of Blondie.:D:D

Dearest ho-hum,

Tonight, especially for you, I wear my RED belt - don't hesitate to contact me ... ;)

Lovely Hydra, strolling through the narrow streets, had a drink at a cafe near the pier before tendering back to SD Ii.

Tomorrow have to get up early - Korinth channel at 8 a.m.

Now it's time for dinner under the stars. :)

' the soot from the funnel has poca dotted ho hum's linen shirt !!!

Dearest Ho

Such merriment that you have found your quill anew. Sorry about the shirt, I hope it wasn't your Erroll Flynn lookalike costume... As luck would have it, I know someone who knows someone .....

I shall place a call for you and la Signora will be standing by with an armload of camice for your perusal... The winter collection is just arriving, as usual your timing is perfection.

You do stop in Taormina, no? No sense looking there, the Sicilian style being a tad slim fitted, shall we just say not for you, and leave it at that.

However, the next morning in Capri, fortified with your breakfast tea, make your way through the throngs of Marina Grande, and up the hill to via Furlovado, 27, to the welcoming arms of 100% Capri.... just off the square. I know you won't like the throngs of tourists, but do it early and the traghetti from Napoli won't yet have arrived. Perhaps un paio di scarpe as a surprise for Blondie, and suitably laden with packages you will be back onboard just as the rosé is ready to be opened for lunch.

Molto bene that you are back....

We had a fantastic meal tonight tho' the soot from the funnel has poca dotted ho hum's linen shirt !!!

This really is quite unfortunate. However, I will be happy to bring some spare shirts if you like. My bowling team has a bunch of extras available. Just let me know.....