Spring Break in Texas: Review of Navigator of the Seas March 9, 2014

I may be wrong on the ships but we have the machines similar to the freestyle ones several places around out town and they distribute coke family of products... If it's the same no Dr. Pepper as it's not a coke product.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

True, but Mr. Pibb is a Coke product and it's very similar. I think it's in the Freestyle machines. Not quite as good IMHO but still can get my fix if I need it.

True, but Mr. Pibb is a Coke product and it's very similar. I think it's in the Freestyle machines. Not quite as good IMHO but still can get my fix if I need it.

In some parts of the country where coke has a distribution agreement they do have Dr. Pepper in the freestyle machines, but you're not allowed to add any flavors to it.

Here in the DFW area, the freestyle machines do have dr pepper and flavors. I think it all depends on the establishment and how much they want to pay for the products.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

In some parts of the country where coke has a distribution agreement they do have Dr. Pepper in the freestyle machines, but you're not allowed to add any flavors to it.

Again, our freestyle machine on campus in Texas have dr. Pepper with all the different flavors and also have diet dr. Pepper in them with all the favors.

Here in Texas, many soda machine will have at least a regular dr. Pepper and many will have diet. Even if they are coke machines.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am using the unlimited wifi. $189.95 for one device. Speed is pretty good so far. I'll do some tests with Facetime, Netflix, and try to stream some Showtime.

Please forgive my total technological ignorance...LOL

I am interested in this "unlimited wi-fi" for my smartphone on my May sailing. Will it allow me to use my e-mail to forward photos? Can I purchase the wi-fi plan in advance of the cruise or do I need to get it on board? Thanks for the help, and ENJOY THE CRUISE!

I am a newbie to Cruise Critic, so I hope this turns out OK. Your posts will be interesting to me as I am taking that cruise in November. As a retired school administrator of 35 years, I now have the luxury of traveling when I choose!!

Welcome sailing diva!

You'll love Cruise Critic. Hope you have an exciting cruise in November. ;)

You can use it for whatever you would normally use wifi for. You purchase it online. It is $190 for one device.

It will not work with FaceTime and I just tried to watch a two minute YouTube video and gave up about 15 minutes....it still had not buffered the entire video. The internet is definitely not as good as what was on allure In the summer.

I'm logged into my reservation for May, and I can't for the life of me locate where I'd purchase the wi-fi package! Can anybody here give me some guidance?!? :confused:

I've not yet seen internet packages available for purchase pre-cruise.

I'm guessing that the poster meant you could purchase online once on board the ship.

Again, our freestyle machine on campus in Texas have dr. Pepper with all the different flavors and also have diet dr. Pepper in them with all the favors.

Here in Texas, many soda machine will have at least a regular dr. Pepper and many will have diet. Even if they are coke machines.

We were on Enchantment last August and the machines had Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper and you could do the flavors as well. However they ran out of Diet Dr Pepper by day three and one of the machines was down also by day two (the one in the WJ) so to use the machine was quite a hike to even use one and long lines at the machine as well.

We were on Navigator over New Years and the upper level pool bar (sky bar maybe?) had diet Dr Pepper in the can and would give it to you by the glass (not the whole can) with the unlimited drink package (the $55/day one) but the cafe had it as well but would not give it to you unless you purchased the can.

Thanks for posting this thread. We will be on the Nav in May & we enjoy dancing to country music. Can you check to see if it's worth me packing my dancing boots? Thanks :)

They also have a country band, I guess to appeal to Texans.

Kolaches at The Czech Stop in West, Texas are THE BEST!!!! Absolutely the FINEST kolaches I have ever had.

x2....so good! :)

x3, and now after the West disaster last year, I try even harder to stop there and patronize them every time we travel I-35.

x3, and now after the West disaster last year, I try even harder to stop there and patronize them every time we travel I-35.

I thought the same thing and wish I lived close enough to do that! Ahhhhhhhhhh, the klobasnek . . . how I wish I had one right now!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Last night's dinner was the Saffron menu.

Had to turn our clocks back one hour last night.

Slept 9 hours...amazing! That is what I cruise for....to actually sleep in!

Why did you turn back clocks? Were you traveling into a different time zone? Don't remember having to do that.

I thought the same thing and wish I lived close enough to do that! Ahhhhhhhhhh, the klobasnek . . . how I wish I had one right now!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

We don't live close enough either, but end up traveling that way from DFW relatively frequently, as we have kids/grandchild living in Spring Branch, west of San Marcos a ways...

You can use it for whatever you would normally use wifi for. You purchase it online. It is $190 for one device.

It will not work with FaceTime and I just tried to watch a two minute YouTube video and gave up about 15 minutes....it still had not buffered the entire video. The internet is definitely not as good as what was on allure In the summer.

Can you use multiple devices as long as you only use one at a time?

Why did you turn back clocks? Were you traveling into a different time zone? Don't remember having to do that.

That one has me puzzled as well. I did this cruise two weeks ago and there was no time change. Besides our clocks went forward this weekend, so that would mean that you are now two hours behind us, but all the ports are on CST? Am I missing something? :confused:

Great review BTW. :)