Spring Break in Texas: Review of Navigator of the Seas March 9, 2014

Is Italian night something to be avoided?
I like the shrimp scampi and so does my very picky DH. The soups are good as are the deserts. I think it is one of the better nights. The downside in my opinion is that they make the waiters sing O Sole Mio, which I feel is degrading for them, but others may feel different. You avoid that if you are on My Time dining (which we have done a few times).

Actually, if you turn go west on the road that runs on the north size of the Czech Stop for a couple blocks, you'll find Gerik's Czech Smokehouse and Bakery on the right.....you'll never go back to Czech Stop. And, they have cinnamon rolls the side of your head (not really, but close).

Definitely better than Czech Stop...cheaper...bigger...awesome-er:)

However, go east on the road, not west. 2 Blocks towards town on the south side of the street.

Definitely better than Czech Stop...cheaper...bigger...awesome-er:)

However, go east on the road, not west. 2 Blocks towards town on the south side of the street.

Yes!.....EAST! Had West on the brain.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

Thanks, I'm glad we chose this night to make reservations for Chops. Just not looking forward to DH's reaction when he sees another upsale on the menu. Note to self: make sure DH has two or three drinks before dinner on Tuesday:)

Chops is not what it used to be either. We were on NOS for the Feb 9 sailing after all the changes and updates and got a surprise with the Chops menu changes. There is another long thread about Chops and all of the changes being tested on the NOS. We were VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Chops is not what it used to be either. We were on NOS for the Feb 9 sailing after all the changes and updates and got a surprise with the Chops menu changes. There is another long thread about Chops and all of the changes being tested on the NOS. We were VERY DISAPPOINTED.

We have only been to Chops once but I remember having a wonderful filet mignon and I believe it is still on the menu so fingers crossed. Regardless, it will give me a reprieve from my in laws (6 of them). I love them all but sometimes you need a break.

Day in Roatan was just ok. Very hot and humid. Did the pirates canopy and was disappointed. Would spend 15 minutes at each platform waiting because they didn't have enough guides. Maybe it was just an off day? Took over 2 hours to do about 10-15 minutes of zip lining.

Also found a tick on me when I got back onboard yikes!

Bathrooms near windjammer weren't working earlier.

No more free movie channels on the tv.

French toast was really bad in the mdr this morning.

Had a wonderful nap :) probably heading up to Johnny rockets in a little bit. Ice show is at 8:30 PM. Concierge said I don't need tickets and just to show my card. I always love the ice show :)

Tomorrow is a full day. Haven't heard anything about tender tickets. We're doing the lamanai tour through rci. That means up at 6:30 am and at the theater by 7:45 am.

Not getting off board for Cozumel. Really looking forward to another couple days of vegging.

Met a nice couple who is in one of the new cabins on deck 12. Said they are awful because kids are running all around them. They aren't from Texas and didn't realize it was spring break!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Have they announced how many kids are on board? We sailed the Magic last year the last week of March and there were 1500. But I don't know what they did with them! We never would have guessed...well-behaved and well-entertained. We are on the March 30 Navigator sailing and are looking forward to it!

Sure....they've left us a few messages, but I never caught the name.

We had dinner in the room. for some reason I was expecting more than room service, no clue why. I thought maybe they brought a tablecloth or something. No clue where I got that idea.

We had a Grand Suite on Allure and we got a tablecloth both times we ordered from the MDR, normal dinnerware and silverware too. They stopped by Dazzles for the drinks before coming to the room. Surprised there was no tablecloth in the Owner's Suite if we had one in the GS.

Curious to know if you are having to change your clocks at any other ports. Am worried because my DD and three of her friends are traveling with us - they are in their 20's and told me they are buying the full blown drink package. I asked, "do ya'll plan on staying drunk the whole time?" And she said "well hell yes!!!"

Sigh..... DH says he is not going to loose a minute of sleep worrying about them but I won't get a minute of sleep worrying about them.

Maybe I need to buy the full blow drink package and Chillax!!

Nope, no tablecloth :(

I'm sure Quest will be on Friday night.

Tonight's dinner was the one with the pear salad, short rib ragu, and crab cakes.

We elected to go to Johnny Rockets....price has increased to $5.95. Maybe it's been that way awhile and I've never noticed, but it remember it always being $4.95. If you want to avoid kids, don't go here!

Kids...we have not been to any events, so I haven't heard any announcements, but they are everywhere. Hubby says he has been woken up a few times with them running and yelling in the halls.

Went to the ice show tonight (always great entertainment) and had some 16 year olds behind us. So inappropriate, talking about having sex last night (but using curse words), etc. very vulgar. Normally I wouldn't care, but there was a family with young kids sitting next to us. Well, I guess the mom had enough and turned around and gave them a good talking to. Good for her!

Oh, no other changes so far for setting clocks.

And nothing in the compass about tender tickets for Belize. We have an rci excursion and have instructions to be at the theater by 7:45 tomorrow. The compass says an 8 am arrival and first tenders are 8:30. I'm guessing that is for the non-excursion folks.

Normally I do summaries of each day....I should really get around to that! Sorry! Maybe on Cozumel day, since we're not getting off. Also, I should be able to roam the ship and get tons of pictures on Cozumel day.

My wife uses a wheelchair, but she walks short distances and we can usually help her up short flights of stairs. If you require any assistance at all, just holler for us. Travelling with a bunch of bikers has it's benefits.

I understand the Skybar is on Deck 12 and an elevator goes up there. Is any or all of the Skybar only accessible by steps? Are there any other public areas which are only accessible by steps?

Edited by montgomeryfamily

I understand the Skybar is on Deck 12 and an elevator goes up there. Is any or all of the Skybar only accessible by steps? Are there any other public areas which are only accessible by steps?

The helicopter pad might be a problem, I don't recall if there's some sort of wheelchair lift there. There is also a small sundeck above deck 12 that only has stairs.

No more free movie channels on the tv.

Wow, if there aren't any free movies on the Navigator tvs then what's to watch? Although I'm not in my cabin for lengthy periods, I do enjoy occasional chilling out in the room/balcony, eating, and watching a little television.

Did you happen to notice what stations they DO offer (besides constant rotations of the captain and the CD discussing that day's activities)? :confused:

Wow, if there aren't any free movies on the Navigator tvs then what's to watch? Although I'm not in my cabin for lengthy periods, I do enjoy occasional chilling out in the room/balcony, eating, and watching a little television.

Did you happen to notice what stations they DO offer (besides constant rotations of the captain and the CD discussing that day's activities)? :confused:

Maybe it's different on Navigator, but as recently as a few weeks ago on Adventure, they were showing movies via the channels TNT and TCM.