Spring Break in Texas: Review of Navigator of the Seas March 9, 2014

Yes, there is TNT out of Brazil and also tcm. But the old dedicated movie channels with no commercials is gone.

We got our first towel animal last night. So only one. Judging by the crap service from our attendant I am surprised at that.

Today he came to the room at 11:15 am because DH had the make up room card in. Said he was going to lunch and would come back. It's 5:15 and he has not returned. What happened to the good service where they were done in the morning by 9 am?

Belize tour was ok....a very long day. Will write more later as I need to shower and get some food.

Haven't noticed any spa specials. They used to give you those full page inserts and now it's just full page shopping inserts. I'm staying on tomorrow, so I'll look closer tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by seaofwonder

We sail 2 weeks from today so I will be following. Like others I'm looking forward to pics of the menus and possibly compass schedules. This will be our first time with late seating in the MDR. I cannot eat Gluten so we will probably eat in the MDR most of the time, maybe one specialty dining.

Julia,

We're on the same sailing as you. You need to swing by our meet & mingle thread and say hi

Erika

Thank you all! We thought it was just odd to have such poor service. Not representative of our previous experiences at all.

We are on deck 10 and his name is Wayans.

I happened to be in the concierge lounge tonight (I wanted to chill and do some work) and Rico (Ricardo) asked if everything was OK in the room. I was honest and said that I was having problems with the attendant.

Turns out I was the third room in his section to mention this. A few minutes later I had Ruben, the head of all the attendants talking to me. He explained that on sea days they start at 8:30 AM and on port days at 9:30 AM. I said that I understood that, but service after noon or no service at all, is not the standard that I have received in the past. He agreed.

He mentioned that Wayans recently returned from vacation and may be having trouble "getting back into the swing of things" but acknowledged that is not an excuse. He (Ruben) also made a remark that we "like to be in our room a lot." Yes, we do, but when the attendant comes we either leave the room or go on the balcony. Our time in the room should not matter.

Ruben said that Wayans will be instructed to clean our room first (not what we asked for, what about the other people who complained?) from now on. He did ask whether the quality of cleaning was good, and I assured him it was. In fact, I have been impressed that he remembers to replenish the amenities (shampoo, etc.) as even some 4* hotels I have stayed at have forgotten that.

As I was leaving, Rico ran to open the door. He apologized profusely....to which I thanked him for helping to resolve the issue. Then he said he wanted to do something special for my husband and I. I told him it was not necessary. He offered specialty dinner, but I told him we still haven't used our free one. So then he said he will work on a future cruise credit. Totally above and beyond and not anything that we mentioned.

I must say....the suite concierge (Rico) has been very wonderful and personable. He walks around all the time, gets drinks for folks in the lounge. Very different than our Diamond lounge experiences. Maybe we need to book full suites more often....or get to D+ quicker (we "only" have 60 more points to go after this cruise).

---

Dinner menu was bleh tonight, so we just grabbed food from the WJ. Yay for sourdough rolls and salad.

Tomorrow night the guys want lobster in the room...so we'll be doing room service. I made reservations for Giovanni's for Saturday night.

Thank you all! We thought it was just odd to have such poor service. Not representative of our previous experiences at all.

We are on deck 10 and his name is Wayans.

Ruben said that Wayans will be instructed to clean our room first (not what we asked for, what about the other people who complained?) from now on. He did ask whether the quality of cleaning was good, and I assured him it was. In fact, I have been impressed that he remembers to replenish the amenities (shampoo, etc.) as even some 4* hotels I have stayed at have forgotten that.

Dinner menu was bleh tonight, so we just grabbed food from the WJ. Yay for sourdough rolls and salad.

Tomorrow night the guys want lobster in the room...so we'll be doing room service. I made reservations for Giovanni's for Saturday night.

I supposed you are tied with them for first cleaning. Wish better service for you for remainder of the cruise.

Dinner tonight was the sage menu....there wasn't anything on the menu that appealed to us though. The tv has the full week of menus...maybe I can snap pics of that later.

Wifi went out last night. Had to call downstairs and they said it was a satellite issue. Working well now that we're docked in Cozumel. They credited me a full day ($23). With the slow speeds of the wifi (worse than I remember on allure) I'm not confident that pics will upload quickly.

No spa specials....just the standard "get this for $110"..... Not the good deals I remember. In fact, the only "deal" I've seen was 20% off Giovanni's on the first formal night.

Wow.... Some pics of the weekly menu's would be great... We board this Sunday and I don't have a copy of "sage" in the 7 day line up?? Thinking I might need to check on our specialty dining nights.... Just not fond of "shiitake" and "pomodoro" night. Thank you for taking the time to post this review!

Real proof now is to see what happens going forward and see if they change around attendants. They don't want people pulling tips and I wouldn't be surprised if you don't get a new one. If this guy keeps that level of service wherever he's assigned, I'll bet he's on the next plane home. They can't afford to keep giving cruise credits. Especially on those higher priced cabins. Last cruise I was on in 04, I never ever saw the guy after day 1, but things were kept up excellent. It was like he knew when we were there and when we were gone. (Psychic)

NASCAR - yes, in the past we never saw them either! The rooms were just magically cleaned. We had prepaid grats, so didn't really think about pulling the tips...but if the next two days aren't better....

Breakfast at WJ this morning. It's so much calmer on a port day :) allure is next to us...she is so pretty!

I accidentally watched you guys sail away. It was so coincidental. Last year my husband, myself and my two daughters were on the NOS out of New Orleans on spring break. (We live just outside of Houston). This year we went to the beach house in Crystal beach with friends. As we were driving on the ferry, I pulled on then my husband pulled on after me and was the last car on. The minute we hopped out we see the Navigator sail SUPER CLOSE to us. Very exciting for the kids.

Debbie

:).... Just saw you will be on Briiliance before we get on in October! Hoping for another great review!

Oh yes...we cannot wait for that cruise!! I'll probably do a mini live review and then full blown details when we get, since it is so port intensive.

Same attendant this morning. Showed up just after 9 am and commented that he had already cleaned our friends room (they have an inside).

What side of the ship is facing the pier in Cozumel? Love to watch the drunk people running down the pier at the last moment.

I'd like to know this as well. I'll be on a balcony, starboard....

LOVING, loving, loving this thread! Thank you so much, to everyone, especially to Seaofwonder!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! So much fun info and anticipation for our next cruise on the Navigator, later this year.

THANK YOU!!!!!!