Having a hard time finding London hotel with triple rooms, please help

gam888

We need a double and a triple room for our family of five in London before a cruise at the end of May. We would like to stay within waling distance to a subway tube station. I looked into the "waterloo" area just south of the Theme River, close to the London Eye. The problem is, a lot of hotels some folks on this board have suggested, do not have triple rooms in the property. Could anyone who has stayed in a reasonable hotel that has triple rooms, within the London City Centre area, please suggest a name. We don't need a fancy hotel, but it is important that it is clean and in a convenient location for transportation. Any other tips on London would be helpful as well. Thanks in advance.

The Premier Inns hotel chain has a very good reputation, and they have a number of hotels in London.

According to one of the FAQ pages on the Premiere Inns website:

"Most Premier Inns have family rooms that can accommodate a family consisting of up to two adults and two children (aged 15 and under), in a spacious, family sized room."

Of their London properties, the Premier Inn London County Hall is frequently recommended on these boards; I haven't stayed there myself, but the location is very good. The Premier Inn London Euston is also in a convenient location.

The Premier Inns hotel chain has a very good reputation, and they have a number of hotels in London.

According to one of the FAQ pages on the Premiere Inns website:

"Most Premier Inns have family rooms that can accommodate a family consisting of up to two adults and two children (aged 15 and under), in a spacious, family sized room."

Of their London properties, the Premier Inn London County Hall is frequently recommended on these boards; I haven't stayed there myself, but the location is very good. The Premier Inn London Euston is also in a convenient location.

I stayed in the Premier Inn Euston for four nights recently. The hotel met my needs for somewhere to sleep between 11pm and 9am perfectly. I did not eat in the hotel nor avail of any of its facilities. At check-in I requested a room not on the busy Euston Road and, having obtained this, had four excellent nights' sleep.

I stayed in the Premier Inn Euston for four nights recently. The hotel met my needs for somewhere to sleep between 11pm and 9am perfectly. I did not eat in the hotel nor avail of any of its facilities. At check-in I requested a room not on the busy Euston Road and, having obtained this, had four excellent nights' sleep.

I haven't stayed there myself, but have walked past it frequently. Although one side fronts busy Euston Road, the hotel is just two minutes' walk (if that) from the delightful Woburn Walk, and around the corner (via Woburn Walk) from Russell Square:

http://www.ukattraction.com/london/woburn-walk.htm

http://www.ukattraction.com/london/russell-square.htm

And a 10-minutes' walk or so from the British Museum.

One major advantage of this location is the proximity of good bus and tube service that can quickly take you to other parts of London. A number of bus routes begin or end in front of Euston Station, just a few minutes' walk along Euston Road from the hotel; there are also convenient bus stops along/near Russell Square. Euston Underground Station and Euston Square Underground Station are both nearby.

In case anyone doesnt know, Premier Inns have pretty identikit rooms in terms of size, layout and decor. The idea is once youve experienced one you know what to expect. They are clean and simple and offer good value and have very nice beds. They dont have big hotel facilities but if you are in London you probably just want a place to sleep.

County Hall attracts a premium to most locations since it is so well located. However, the product will be similar in any central london Premier Inn so if you are really budgeting an alternative location in Central London within this chain should provide a pretty similar experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by kevinyork

There is a good booking site for searching for what you need (a double and triple, area of city) but I do not think I am allowed to post it here. And, I am not suggesting that you book thru the site, just use it to search efficiently for what you need then pursue your booking however you prefer. If you email me at kayp621 at gmail.com. I will send you the site. I have used this site for a number of years, especially for our trips to Europe as we are a family of three and are also in Canada. It will quote in CAD.

There is a good booking site for searching for what you need (a double and triple, area of city) but I do not think I am allowed to post it here. And, I am not suggesting that you book thru the site, just use it to search efficiently for what you need then pursue your booking however you prefer. If you email me at kayp621 at gmail.com. I will send you the site. I have used this site for a number of years, especially for our trips to Europe as we are a family of three and are also in Canada. It will quote in CAD.

Yes, you are allowed to name the site. It's just travel agents we're not allowed to name.

• 2 weeks later...

You might look at The Oxford London, just off the Bayswater Road at Lancaster Gate. Quite inexpensive, triple and double rooms, a simple, pleasant place for tourists/travelers. Central to London, Paddington Station area, a block off Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens, the Central Line Lancaster Gate tube stop, busses, nearby The Swan pub, nearby The Mitre.

http://www.oxfordhotellondon.co.uk/

Also good is

http://www.hotels.com

The Craven Terrace area is of modest places; if The Oxford London is not to your taste upon arrival, nearby is The Corus, the fun Caesar, The Craven, The Elysee, the Lancaster Hall. All good. Two Best Westerns nearby, too.

Edited by Ab Ovo

The Holiday Inn Mayfair has rooms that will take three. I don't know for sure about the other Holiday Inn properties in London but they may also. The Mayfair location is a few steps from the Green Park tube station.

I'll be staying at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge this July in a room for three. The location is good, it is near public transport.

Probably not the most budget hotel though. It was definitely more than I would usually spend, but they did have rooms for three, with air conditioning and other amenities.

We need a double and a triple room for our family of five in London before a cruise at the end of May. We would like to stay within waling distance to a subway tube station. I looked into the "waterloo" area just south of the Theme River, close to the London Eye. The problem is, a lot of hotels some folks on this board have suggested, do not have triple rooms in the property. Could anyone who has stayed in a reasonable hotel that has triple rooms, within the London City Centre area, please suggest a name. We don't need a fancy hotel, but it is important that it is clean and in a convenient location for transportation. Any other tips on London would be helpful as well. Thanks in advance.

Most Premier Inn's have a third bed. It's a sofa in the daytime and just converts to a full bed at night. It is comfy too, not like a normal sofa bed.

Try the Premier Inn at Tower Bridge as thats a great location. http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/LONTOW/london-tower-bridge?cmp=KNC_D_BND&mckv=sPiahIjkm_dc|pcrid|38246220939|kword|%2Bpremier%20%2Binn%20%2Btower%20%2Bbridge|match|b|plid|

Edited by lovetochill

Re: Premier Inn...the website states 15 and under in order to be classified as a child...anyone know how Premier confirms age? or is it all based on the honor system? My daughter will be 16 when we go to London this summer. I don't want to have to book two rooms for 2 adults and 1 16 year old.

Thank you everyone for all these suggestions. I will investigate all of them. Has anyone stayed at Hampton Inn Waterloo (close to Waterloo tube), or Holiday Inn Express Southwark (close to Southwark tube)? Hampton seems closer to walk to the tube and London Eye, Holiday Inn Express is a bit less, trying to compare the two. Premier Inn I haven't found a location that has triple rooms for my dates, but they seem to have good reviews, My search continues...... Thanks again everyone!

Re: Premier Inn...the website states 15 and under in order to be classified as a child...anyone know how Premier confirms age? or is it all based on the honor system? My daughter will be 16 when we go to London this summer. I don't want to have to book two rooms for 2 adults and 1 16 year old.

One person goes to the Premier Inn check in desk and checks in. The staff, who are probably on the minimum wage, are not fussed over the age or number of people in the room.

I'll be staying at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge this July in a room for three. The location is good, it is near public transport.

Probably not the most budget hotel though. It was definitely more than I would usually spend, but they did have rooms for three, with air conditioning and other amenities.

We also stayed there. It's location couldn't have been better and the room for 3 was great. My hubby and I were on one side and our granddaughter had a bed on the other side, with the bathroom dividing us. It worked out very well, but it is a bit pricey. But worth it for location and a nice room for 3 people.

Judi