Triumph passengers asking for

deborahjo

The drain in my cabin shower was clogged for 1 nite. That should be worth $100 a month for life.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

Ha! Right!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Our toilet clogged a couple of times last December on the Dream. It was me, my son and my husband. I should be compensated at least a couple thousand a WEEK just for being in a cabin with a clogged toilet with 2 guys! :eek:

Edited by Anjanu

This is just one man's opinion, but it seems to me this is nothing more than a case of greedy people trying to pull from a big corporation's money pot. Yes the situation was sad, yes those people suffered because of the situation on Triumph, and their vacation was ruined. We love cruising and would be disappointed too if this happened to us. BUT.... Carnival gave them a refund, a future cruise, and $500 a pop for the situation.and put forth upgrades and equipment and procedures on ALL their ships to make sure a situation like this doesn't happen and if it does it will be handled differently on board. Imagine how all much all this has already cost Carnival. Everyone home safe and sound, although some will claim to have ailments caused by this mishap. Perhaps they do, perhaps they don't. I'm not an MD and I wasn't there. There is no justification for a settlement of 5 grand a month for LIFE. If they get what they want, i hope that what the lawyers don't take, the IRS will.

In the end all an award would do is make cruising more expensive for the rest of us who aren't sue crazy and realize that stuff happens in life. Hey, one bad apple.........

There I said it. got if off my chest. Thank you for reading and lets get on with sailing on the Fun Ship!

Funny how some passengers on that ship said it was an inconvenience, but not as bad as the media portrayed it while the other greedy $%^'s (read...folks) feel that money will make their little issues all better.

C'mon, let's get "loser pays" lawsuits in this country once and for all!

hi--if you saw the pictures OF THE PASSENGERS EMBARKING----THEY WERE ALL SMILING AND WAVING---THIS IS A GREED THING----CARNIVAL--GAVE THEM ALL--BACK THEIR SHIP BOARD EXPENSES AND FAIRS---PLUS TRANSPORTATION--TO THEIR HOME-----PERHAPS--IF--IF THEY ALL DRANK LESS---THEY WOULD BE HAPPIER-----WE SPENT A DAY AT SEA--DURING THE SANDY HURRICANE PROBLEM----DREAM COULD NOT LAND AT PORT CANAVERAL--DUE TO ROUGH SEA--ETC--AND WE SPENT AN GREAT DAY AT SEA----SAILING UP AND DOWN THE COAST-----IRENE AND JOHN---59 CRUISES ON CARNIVAL---

LOL if we could sue our former bosses LOL - i have a list I want to sue then! LOL

but good luck to these greedy people on the 5 grand..hopefully a judge will say no..but then again we did give a multi million dollar award for spilling hot coffee (think 2.9 )

OK I just have to jump in here. I saw on 60 minutes about the woman who won for the hot coffee. If you saw the pictures of her body you'd be shocked. It looked like she had a bomb go off between her legs and towards the back. She was older. They found out that the coffee was kept hotter than boiling (not sure how that is but I guess like a pressure cooker) and that the temp had never been tested or addressed. If I remember she had to have skin grafts. If she didn't I can't imagine why. She was in the hospital 8 days.

I was like you thinking this was frivolous until I saw those pictures. Also the lid wasn't put on properly.

The Carnival sue'ers lol..are ridiculous. Should they deserve something, yes but nothing such as that.

Added a cut and paste :The trial took place from August 8–17, 1994, before New Mexico District Court Judge Robert H. Scott.[13] During the case, Liebeck's attorneys discovered that McDonald's required franchisees to hold coffee at 180–190 °F (82–88 °C). At 190 °F (88 °C), the coffee would cause a third-degree burn in two to seven seconds. Liebeck's attorney argued that coffee should never be served hotter than 140 °F (60 °C), and that a number of other establishments served coffee at a substantially lower temperature than McDonald's. Liebeck's lawyers presented the jury with evidence that 180 °F (82 °C) coffee like that McDonald’s served may produce third-degree burns (where skin grafting is necessary) in about 12 to 15 seconds. Lowering the temperature to 160 °F (71 °C) would increase the time for the coffee to produce such a burn to 20 seconds. Liebeck's attorneys argued that these extra seconds could provide adequate time to remove the coffee from exposed skin, thereby preventing many burns. McDonald's claimed that the reason for serving such hot coffee in its drive-through windows was that those who purchased the coffee typically were commuters who wanted to drive a distance with the coffee; the high initial temperature would keep the coffee hot during the trip.[2] However, the company's own research showed that some customers intend to consume the coffee immediately while driving.[3]

Edited by JustCruiseMe

Our toilet clogged a couple of times last December on the Dream. It was me, my son and my husband. I should be compensated at least a couple thousand a WEEK just for being in a cabin with a clogged toilet with 2 guys! :eek:

My wife got bad sunburn on the Freedom two yesr ago and Carnival did nothing about it! They never said sitting in the Caribbean sun drinking for seven hours could be dangerous! I want some MONEY!:mad:

The Concordia survivors were offered $10,000 for 5 hours of inconvenience. How much is 5 days worth?

Concordia was a sinking ship with people who died. Far more traumatic that the Triumph. I wasn't on either ship but I would take being hot from no air and crapping in a bag over having to jump or climb down from several floors onto life boats or in the water to a lifeboat knowing people around you aren't going to make it. Plus all of the survivors had to see the death trap lodged in the water for years until it was removed. The Triumph passengers are aiming high in hopes of getting a little something. They'll never get anything close to what they are asking for. Nor should they.

This is ridiculous....... Freaking ambulance chasers

One of the Plaintiffs is complaining she got a UTI from the cruise:rolleyes:

You can buy a lot of cranberry juice for $5000 a month:eek:

Too Funny!!! Love this one.:)

These a%@h?@*s should be forced to repay allthe legal fees Carnival is paying out trying to defend themselves against this nonsense when it gets thrown out.

Need a *like* button. ;)

OK I just have to jump in here. I saw on 60 minutes about the woman who won for the hot coffee. If you saw the pictures of her body you'd be shocked. It looked like she had a bomb go off between her legs and towards the back. She was older. They found out that the coffee was kept hotter than boiling (not sure how that is but I guess like a pressure cooker) and that the temp had never been tested or addressed. If I remember she had to have skin grafts. If she didn't I can't imagine why. She was in the hospital 8 days.

10 years ago a law professor, from whom I was taking a course, used the MacDonalds coffee case as a very good example of the system working the way it should. Most people don't know that she immediately went into the store and asked for help, but they refused to help her. They were doing something dangerous and unnecessary, and refused to help someone who was in genuine distress as a result of the dangerous thing they were doing, and they were punished for it. They stopped doing the dangerous thing. The fact people are still using this as an example of the system being broken after all these years is sad.

It's also, along with the whole Triumph mess, an excellent example of how the media can impose a narrative on a story, regardless of what the facts actually were. And how that narrative will continue to be accepted, regardless of its accuracy.

$500 a month for life. Do you think this is fair? For me heck no.

The REAL and only winner in this lawsuit is the lawyers. Woo Ho the scum bag lawyer still gets paid no matter the outcome and gets to buy another Mercedes after this lawsuit is dismissed.

Edited by EAZYLIVING

The REAL and only winner in this lawsuit is the lawyers. Woo Ho the scum bag lawyer still gets paid no matter the outcome and gets to buy another Mercedes after this lawsuit is dismissed.

I guess some thinks lawyers are "THIS" till they need one.

I think this has just gotten out of hand. The article I read on the "other" site said $5,000 a month for life. Those that are trying but get money out of Carnival should be thanking God each day that they were not hurt or stranded for weeks at sea. Carnival took good care of those passengers, but yet it is always "some" that have to be greedy and try to get as much as they can out of a company, when it had some problems. Carnival did not do anything on purpose to cause this, and too very good care of the passengers as well. I was always taught "what goes around, comes around", so let them go ahead and do what they feel is right (being greedy) and something will come back and get them later on in their life! Carnival you still have devoted and honest customers who "got your back".

These people need to go see what it is like to live in a refugee camp for 7 days, or other areas of abject poverty in this sad world. Post earthquake Haiti comes to mind, and war zones, refugee camps, etc etc etc.

They had a fair bit of discomfort for what? was it even 7 days? and they were already compensated, and mental anguish? sorry but they they all need to try living in a refugee camp for that many days, and see how many poor souls in this world live that life and worse every day for months and even years.

This ridiculous demand just makes me sick!:mad: