One Guest Backed out on Cruise

CarnivalBoy

One of our guests backed out at the last minute. Our cruise is on Sunday (March 23rd). Do we need to call and delete the guest from our booking or just leave it?

Brett Bennett

I think you would be better off to let them just be a "no show".....

Yes. Don't say a word.

Definitely let them be a no show.

....unless the one that backed out has insurance coverage for the reason for cancelling...in that case you need documentation from Carnival to show the cancellation charges etc.

I hope they are out the money and not you!

I was just thinking that! Of course we don't know the reasons the person can't go.

I totally agree - let the person be a no show and still enjoy your cruise!!

Good idea, but I think I'll just let it be us. Are they gonna change my room when we get there because we don't have the 4th person? According to the website, they only have balconies left on the 6th floor. We have one on the 9th floor. Will they let us keep our 9th floor balcony? Thanks.

Brett Bennett

Good idea, but I think I'll just let it be us. Are they gonna change my room when we get there because we don't have the 4th person? According to the website, they only have balconies left on the 6th floor. We have one on the 9th floor. Will they let us keep our 9th floor balcony? Thanks.

Brett Bennett

They shouldn't change anything.....if they ask at check in say they are supposed to be there later. You are not responsible for making excuses for your no show.

Just board the ship and everything's good......:

Enjoy your cruise (sorry you are out the money)

Nope… it's me out the money.

That is a bummer! So sorry that happened. You have a great attitude about it.

As the other posters advised, if they ask at check in, just say they are boarding later.

Wishing you an awesome cruise!! :)

I don't think that all have to check in together… you can print individual boarding passes.

Carnival Magic - March 2014

Carnival Conquest - March 2013

Carnival Magic - November 2011

Carnival Triumph - November 2010

I thought that all guest in the same stateroom have to check in together?

Does your friend realize that you will not be getting money back for their cancellation?

Nope. They can check in later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of our guests backed out at the last minute. Our cruise is on Sunday (March 23rd). Do we need to call and delete the guest from our booking or just leave it?

Brett Bennett

Do not cancel before the cruise, just have them be a no show at the port. My cousin had to pay when she had to cancel a guest. They needed 2 in a cabin. Lost the fare paid for the canceled guest and then had to pay again for a 2nd person in the cabin. You will get the taxes and port fees back plus tips, if already pre-paid.

Don't feel too bad Carnivalboy. My daughter and her bf backed out leaving me with 2 people in a 4 person room. So instead of a total loss I offered my friend the two berths for only the cost of the port fees, name change, and tips. So he is getting to go with his gf for a mere 400 bucks with me and gets the benefit of the super bowling alley balcony! Life goes on :D