25 Bonus Points (2 Threads Merged)

BosoxI

Call again and ask to speak to a CC Concierge if the first person you speak with doesn't help. You earned the points when you walked off the ship. You became Elite plus at that point, not when points are posted. My Celebrity page still says Elite plus, but my documents now indicate the higher level. You are entitled to the Elite plus benefits on your next cruise. Enjoy them!

Thanks for your advice. I assume by "documents" you mean your boarding pass. That would suffice for me, too. BTW congratulations on making the rarified status of Zenith.

Had been told that the points would be there by April 1. Nope. Called and was told, yet again, they are working on it. No estimate given for when they will arrive. (Their records match what I can see on the web site--just shy of Elite.

Had been told that the points would be there by April 1. Nope. Called and was told, yet again, they are working on it. No estimate given for when they will arrive. (Their records match what I can see on the web site--just shy of Elite.

Same story. Captains Club rep said promotion was so popular they misjudged how long it would take to post bonus points. Still working on it, she did say if you are cruising in near future, call them and they could work something out to get your points added.

Guess what - NO phone call! Only 3 weeks til our transatlantic. I will give them one more call tomorrow and then it's time for a "contact Michael" message. This getting truly ridiculous.

Guess what - NO phone call! Only 3 weeks til our transatlantic. I will give them one more call tomorrow and then it's time for a "contact Michael" message. This getting truly ridiculous.

My tier level was changed today without my points being updated. Spoke to my Captain's Club contact today on another matter and asked about the posting of points. Told me that they are experiencing problems since the offer wasn't coded, but they have a record of points earned. Call and have your reservation number handy if you are within a few weeks of your next cruise and will be at a higher level. If necessary, Celebrity will contact the ship and inform them of your new level. At least that's the story they tell. It did work for me.

We leave in ten days and to my amazement when I checked this morning, our boarding pass shows Elite +. That's all I care about, as we have no intention of striving to reach Zenith. It was a struggle, but two weeks ago, I found a supervisor who actually helped me.

This is a relief, as I had no confidence that the ship would be advised of our new status. Nor am I sure Customer Relations on board could make a change, as I recall a passenger making a similar request several years ago and being told it wouldn't be done on board. Who knows?

Edited by BosoxI

Orator and Bosox1's experience is the response I was given on today's call to Captain's Club. They said that my status will be changed within 72 hours and that is really all I care about. Will post again in a few days to let others know if the change really occurs. I did not like the fact that they would not send me an email confirming this change. I didn't think that was an unreasonable request given the run around I've gotten to this point.

We leave in ten days and to my amazement when I checked this morning, our boarding pass shows Elite +. That's all I care about, as we have no intention of striving to reach Zenith. It was a struggle, but two weeks ago, I found a supervisor who actually helped me.

This is a relief, as I had no confidence that the ship would be advised of our new status. Nor am I sure Customer Relations on board could make a change, as I recall a passenger making a similar request several years ago and being told it wouldn't be done on board. Who knows?

Thought it would work out for you. Enjoy your cruise and your new Elite+ benefits.

Thought it would work out for you. Enjoy your cruise and your new Elite+ benefits.

Thank you and enjoy your next one which will really be special, I'm sure

Edited by BosoxI

Don't hold your breath. We cruised in early Feb and finally today after numerous phone calls were able to get our status updated (points still not posted). Our status was updated only because our next cruise is in 2 weeks. If you don't have anything coming up soon it's anyone's guess when they will get around to updating your record.

Called Captain's Club today regarding posting of bonus points.Rep told me they are having a "technical glich" that is preventing them being posted. No estimate as to when it will be resolved. If you have an upcoming cruise and it will affect your level, call them to see if they can do a work around and give you the points.

To be fair, Celebrity should give everyone the same number of bonus points. IF it doesn't change the status now, eventually it can make a difference. I have 582 points. An extra 25 points may someday make a difference. Perhaps, the conversion formula was not well thought out.

To be fair, Celebrity should give everyone the same number of bonus points. IF it doesn't change the status now, eventually it can make a difference. I have 582 points. An extra 25 points may someday make a difference. Perhaps, the conversion formula was not well thought out.

Why on earth would Celebrity just give everyone the bonus points if they didn't book the promotion. The promotion was for those that booked Aqua class or above for a certain time frame. Celebrity did not stop anyone from participating in this promotion and getting the 25 bonus points. If you wanted the 25 points, you should have booked a cruise with this promotion.

Called Captain's Club today regarding posting of bonus points.Rep told me they are having a "technical glich" that is preventing them being posted. No estimate as to when it will be resolved. If you have an upcoming cruise and it will affect your level, call them to see if they can do a work around and give you the points.

Same response I had from Captain's Club yesterday when booking another cruise. She just said they were having problems and didn't know when the 25 pts. would be posted.

I'm not particularly great with computer issues but what could be so difficult about this? Didn't they have a plan for implementing and completing the process when they offered the bonus?

Wrong bonus.

There is another thread that has been going for 4+ weeks on this topic. You may want to do a search. I think one person who was cruising soon & needed the points to move to elite may have gotten the points added- but was a huge hassle.

We have a cruise booked for 1/15 that qualified for the bonus pts- after following that thread for awhile I figure we will never see the points. If you get your bonus pts please post & let us know.

Edited by jelayne
Delete- repetitive

Thanks for the reply. The search function doesn't seem to work anymore. I will be a very unhappy camper if the 25 pts. is not applied for our sailing last month in AQ.

Celebrity has a great product onboard. But, there shore side support system leaves a great deal to be desired.

Our sailing on the Silhouette was a travel agent/marketing sales event. Many upper level execs from Celebrity, Avoya, etc. onboard. Saw Larry Pimental from Azamara in the elevator. Seems I might have missed a chance to promote the cause for better shore support.

Still want the 25 points that were promised when booking our April cruise on the Silhouette.

Edited by SkystheLimit
missed words

We e-mailed the Captains Club regarding not yet receiving the 25 bonus points from out sailing 4 weeks ago that qualified us for the jump from Elite to Elite+. While the Celebrity web site still shows us as Elite as do our boarding passes for our cruise coming up in 4 weeks, the e-mail response from Captains Club refers to us as Elite+

Celebrity Captain's Club Number: XXXXXXXxx

Dear XXXXXX:

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for our delayed response.

At this time our I.T. department is currently working diligently to resolve the additional Club Point issue. We are aware of each guest who is affected by this bug and are hoping to have the issue resolved as soon as possible. We certainly understand the frustration. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us again and we will be happy to assist you.

XXXXX, we look forward to welcoming you and XXXXXX, our valued Elite Plus members, onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Michael Godshall

Celebrity Cruises Captain's Club

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?

Call: 1-800-760-0654, 8 am-11 pm EST, Monday-Friday; 9 am-8 pm EST Saturday-Sunday

(Outside the United States or Canada: +1-316-554-5961)

Visit our Web site: www.celebrity.com/captainsclub

E-mail us: captainsclub@celebrity.com

Write us: Captain's Club

4729 South Palisade Avenue

Wichita, KS 67217