2 Day to Bahamas, is it worth it?

radioguy54

Carnival Sunshine will do a 2 day Cruise out of Port Canaveral in April, leaving on Thursday and returning Saturday am...Debating if its worth a 4.5 hour drive one way for such a short cruise, plus we will just be getting settled in...Any comments will be helpful...

Carnival Sunshine will do a 2 day Cruise out of Port Canaveral in April, leaving on Thursday and returning Saturday am...Debating if its worth a 4.5 hour drive one way for such a short cruise, plus we will just be getting settled in...Any comments will be helpful...

I've done a few two-nighters to Nassau. They are a lot of fun, but I say that as living only an hour away from Port of Miami. If given the opportunity to do a 2-nighter, say from Port Canaveral (3 hours for me), I don't know that I'd do it. If you do, just expect that it will be a total whirlwind of a weekend.

Can you add a day in Orlando to make it more worth the trip?

I would never even consider this cruise since they want $299 a person for an oceanview for basically one day and two nights on the boat. The Ecstasy is $234 a person for a 4 day in April out of Miami to Key West and Cozumel. Worth the extra drive for me unless you really want the Sunshine.

If the alternative is to stay home and do nothing, and if the money spent won't hinder your ability to take a longer cruise later, I'd say go for it.

You can always add a night at a nice hotel on the beach before or after the cruise to make it more worthwhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Part of the reason was to go on the Sunshine, however the time and money involved, it makes sense to wait and go on a longer cruise...If it had been 3 days I probably would do that...Thanks for the responses:)

I understand that - we are doing 2 nights on RCCL Oasis in August. Crazy $$$ (whereas the other 2 nighters I've done have been around $199/person), but our point to do it is that we most likely won't ever book a full week on the Oasis. (and again, it's only 1 hour for us. Even for the Oasis, I'm not sure I'd drive more than that).

Edited by Bibble

Debating if its worth a 4.5 hour drive one way for such a short cruise..

We drove 7 hours from Atlanta to do the 3 night cruise on the Sensation. We don't regret the decision but it was a bit exhausting driving down on the same day of the cruise. On the way back we did decide to spend an extra night in Orlando and then we drove home the following morning after a good night rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would never even consider this cruise since they want $299 a person for an oceanview for basically one day and two nights on the boat. The Ecstasy is $234 a person for a 4 day in April out of Miami to Key West and Cozumel. Worth the extra drive for me unless you really want the Sunshine.

This.

Living in Tampa I've considered this 2 day sailing multiple times but I just can't bring my self to drop $200+ on a 2 night cruise. There is just so much more bang for your buck out of Florida.

Fingers crossed this sailing drops dramatically a week or two before sailing and I can have a last minute weekend getaway.

We do 4 hour drives just to spend the weekend in Vegas so driving that far for a 2-day cruise would be something We'd consider!:D I've driven to San Diego (2 hrs. from our home) just to take a cruise that only went out to sea at night and came back to shore the next day! Do you think we're cruise addicted!:D

NO way