Final day on the Silhouette

redjetz

In order to delay packing, I logged on to check email. Thought I might as well do a quick post here as well! We left FLL last Sunday on Silhouette -- it's been a lovely cruise. Very friendly staff, good food in the MDR, good bar service. I even saw several staff offering to carry plates and help in the buffet.

We spent yesterday happily ensconced in an alcove on deck 15, all 8 alcoves were booked. Great service there, too.

We took my inlaws on this cruise as a 45th anniversary present and they have been blown away, loving every minute of it.

It's our 7th Cruise on X and really top notch. The only "needs improvement" I logged on the guest questionnaire was the need to improve the entertainment.

Happy to respond to questions after we return to the real world tomorrow :-)

In order to delay packing, I logged on to check email. Thought I might as well do a quick post here as well! We left FLL last Sunday on Silhouette -- it's been a lovely cruise. Very friendly staff, good food in the MDR, good bar service. I even saw several staff offering to carry plates and help in the buffet.

We spent yesterday happily ensconced in an alcove on deck 15, all 8 alcoves were booked. Great service there, too.

We took my inlaws on this cruise as a 45th anniversary present and they have been blown away, loving every minute of it.

It's our 7th Cruise on X and really top notch. The only "needs improvement" I logged on the guest questionnaire was the need to improve the entertainment.

Happy to respond to questions after we return to the real world tomorrow :-)

Enjoy your final day on the Silhouette, good to know you had a great time!! Looking forward to your review.!:)

Hi redjetz. Glad to hear you had a great cruise, hope the in-laws had a lovely anniversary :)

Sorry to jump straight in with a question but we sail on the Silhouette in May (I'm counting down the hours!) and I was wondering if Michaels Club was 'open to all' on your cruise or was it permanently reserved as a VIP lounge for suite guests?

This subject has caused some discussions on the boards with some ships already adopting the upcoming changes. We're really looking forward to sampling some of the craft beers on offer there so would be really disappointed if we could not get access.:(

As of this cruise, Michael's Club was open to all. We are told that the craft beers will be relocated to cellar masters! which itself will undergo a change. So good beers available, just relocated,

Another quick update: after reading here of all the hassles of disembarking at Ft. Lauderdale, we had a very easy time of it this morning. We used the luggage valet service, which is sooooo worth the $20 pp fee. It eliminates the need to find your luggage before going thru customs or schlepping it to a cab. Love it!

Good morning I am glad you had a good trip on the silhouette. We are sailing on the silhouette next week and were hoping you could tell us who the headliner was for the entertainment and if the acrobatic style show is still good. When we went to years ago they had a lot of live music venues on the pool deck and in the atrium, do they still have those?

Good morning I am glad you had a good trip on the silhouette. We are sailing on the silhouette next week and were hoping you could tell us who the headliner was for the entertainment and if the acrobatic style show is still good. When we went to years ago they had a lot of live music venues on the pool deck and in the atrium, do they still have those?

Honestly, the biggest weakness of the cruise was the entertainment. We went to the first night's show with the I laws since it was their first cruise, but it was just not a quality show and we never went back. The jazz trio that played several venues as ok, but the rest of the entertainment, not so much. I don't recall their being a headliner act.

Other than Zumba by the pool, the music volume was never too high, a concern for Manson Cruise Critic, not even the Miami DJs, though I didn't care for them at all - and I like loud pop music!

Another quick update: after reading here of all the hassles of disembarking at Ft. Lauderdale, we had a very easy time of it this morning. We used the luggage valet service, which is sooooo worth the $20 pp fee. It eliminates the need to find your luggage before going thru customs or schlepping it to a cab. Love it!

We were on the Reflection last week and had the offer to use the valet service. We only use carry on bags, so didn't need it, but if I remember correctly for our cruise, you could only have flights from 11:30 to noon to use the service. (maybe my memory is fuzzy...I had drink package:eek:)

I would agree, that for many people, $20 would be well worth it to not have to mess with bags.

Sorry you did not enjoy the jazz trio we thought they were good, we also love the Brazilian lady trio and the guitar soloist. You are correct with the entertainment in the shows not as good as in past X sailing.

Remember to always enjoy your cruise, and don't sweat the small stuff.

So.. home safely and without incident. A bit surprised that I have to pour my own wine :-)

Damien was the cruise director. The female string trio was aboard as was a three-piece jazz group and a guitarist-singer. And the house party band.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the entertainment . We just got off the Silhouette on March 9. We did not go to the show the first night cause we were tired but we did go to several others and they were good and certainly very entertaining. The singers and dancers were excellent. We loved the cruise and thought the food in the MDR was very good. Loved I could have my favorite dessert, Creme brûlée every nght.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As of this cruise, Michael's Club was open to all. We are told that the craft beers will be relocated to cellar masters! which itself will undergo a change. So good beers available, just relocated,

We love Cellar Masters. I hope it doesn't change too much. Maybe the drinks packages are slowing sales of the wine cards. The beer selection in Michaels is good but the bar there seems to attract drunk people per my last 2 cruise experiences.

We were on the Reflection last week and had the offer to use the valet service. We only use carry on bags, so didn't need it, but if I remember correctly for our cruise, you could only have flights from 11:30 to noon to use the service. (maybe my memory is fuzzy...I had drink package:eek:)

I would agree, that for many people, $20 would be well worth it to not have to mess with bags.

I think you probably mean 11:30 to MIDNIGHT