Port of Galveston closed

vols_159

The Galveston Pilots have now boarded the M.S Carnival Magic and the ship is now proceeding into port. The Estimated Time of Arrival Alongside is now at approximately 6.00PM Local Time.

Thanks to all those who waiting for their fun to begin for their patience and understanding. The crew are ready to serve and entertain you and I wish you all a brilliant time.

I knew when I saw the Bolivar Ferry get shut down last night that today would be a mess, but it sounds like they've got a pretty good handle on it.

But hey, if you really want to try to get compensated, there's a claims number in this article. By the time the lawyers are through, you might get $10 for your trouble in 10 years. ;)

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Crews-mopping-up-oil-spill-in-Texas-Galveston-Bay-251784031.html

We'll my parents a) haven't been told that and were told embarkation is Monday and b) already booked a hotel and are there watching soon to cheer on SFA.

John said they would be welcomed g the new cruisers on board tonight so maybe they need to see what's going on

We'll my parents a) haven't been told that and were told embarkation is Monday and b) already booked a hotel and are there watching soon to cheer on SFA.

The Galveston Pilots have now boarded the M.S Carnival Magic and the ship is now proceeding into port. The Estimated Time of Arrival Alongside is now at approximately 6.00PM Local Time.

Thanks to all those who waiting for their fun to begin for their patience and understanding. The crew are ready to serve and entertain you and I wish you all a brilliant time.

John said they would be welcomed g the new cruisers on board tonight so maybe they need to see what's going on

Well perhaps Carnival should actually tell guests instead of a random FB post. ;) My parents will board tomorrow, they paid like $300 total for a balcony so this cruise is just to them a free week away from work.

We live by the rules that the customer is always right. With out the customer carnival has nothing....

I have worked in customer service for a public utility for over 20 years and yes we try in every way to help our customers to the best of our ability.....and no sometimes the customer is not always right.

When someone demands that we write off their electric bill because they had a bad heating system or a bad water heater, then sorry the answer is "no". We will make very lenient payment arrangements for them but they need to address their problem if they want their bill to go down.

If we extended the "courtesy" of compensation for every person who doesn't take care of what's in "their"home.....then everyone else on the system would have to pay much higher rates just to pick up "their" slack.

So again......why should any company compensate people when none of this was caused by them?

So is the Magic boarding tomorrow or tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Cruise Critic updated their article:

"Update, 5:46 p.m.:According to the Facebook page of Carnival Cruise Lines' senior cruise director John Heald, Galveston pilots have boarded Carnival Magic and the ship is proceeding into port. It is expected to arrive near 6 p.m. (local time)."

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5795

Edited by winddawn

Well perhaps Carnival should actually tell guests instead of a random FB post. ;) My parents will board tomorrow, they paid like $300 total for a balcony so this cruise is just to them a free week away from work.

A if they wait until tommrow and the ship sails at say midnight ,.... Then what... Will they still wait?

People are heading to port now... Maybe they should call carnival so they don't miss the ship...

I understand your frustration. But disagree with your premise that Carnival "should take care of their loyal passengers". I am platinum (22 cruises and 140 cruise days) so I am a very loyal passenger. In this situation, which was and is totally out of their control, I would expect them to act exactly as they are.

When we were "younger" and more foolish, we traveled without travel insurance, with little cash in our wallets, and without thinking about the what-ifs.

Then---

We got to sleep in a NY airport when we debarked during a blizzard; the airport was shut down; and all the hotels were booked to capacity. We quickly realized that we needed to heed common sense and wise up.

Now---we are "older" and wiser. We get travel insurance, carry extra cash plus a credit card to cover any surprise expenses, and book within our vacation period. If we have a week's vacation time, we book a 5 day cruise. If we have a 2 week vacation period, we book a 7 to 12 cruise. That gives us time before or after the cruise for "wiggle" room to cover the dreaded what-ifs.

Cruise Critic updated their article:

"Update, 5:46 p.m.:According to the Facebook page of Carnival Cruise Lines' senior cruise director John Heald, Galveston pilots have boarded Carnival Magic and the ship is proceeding into port. It is expected to arrive near 6 p.m. (local time)."

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5795

According to letters to cruisers they are boarding tomorrow regardless of docking tonight due to the logistics of getting everyone off. Has anyone received an update saying differently?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

People are heading to port now... Maybe they should call carnival so they don't miss the ship...

Carnival's last statement said they cancelled embarkation and plan a 6 day trip; Magic isn't sailing tonight.

Just my guess ship will dock tonight current paxs will be able to disembark or stay on till tomorrow..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep, if your flight was at 2 pm being thrown off a ship in Galveston at 8 pm leaves little assistance in getting transportation, a hotel and then info rebooking flights.

Edited by sppunk