Kid's Programs

cinycat

Was wondering if there was any children's program planned for the Christmas Panama Canal cruise on Regatta. There was one the last time I went with my grandson on an Alaska cruise last summer and he really loved it. If anyone knows anything, please let me know.

I myself don't know. Typically there are no childrens' programs but on a holiday cruise it can be different -- as it was on your previous experience.

There are some specific Alaska itineraries in the summer that are geared to children, whereas most cruises are not.

If you had a childrens' program before at holiday time, I would think chances are good you will again.

But I would contact O or your TA to make sure.

Mura

Please consider the ship is only 600 pax, has no space for kids programs and no entertainment for them. All the public spaces are set up for small groups of adults. As some one said you will be the program as there will be zero other options... The kid will feel like a fish out of water 95% of the time and uncomfortable.

My suggestion is , that with so many ships with dedicated children's programs, why would one consider probably the most -un child friendly line in the US ?

Ask is this cruise for me or is it for the child... because I doubt any kid would want to be on board Oceania

Please consider the ship is only 600 pax, has no space for kids programs and no entertainment for them. All the public spaces are set up for small groups of adults. As some one said you will be the program as there will be zero other options... The kid will feel like a fish out of water 95% of the time and uncomfortable.

My suggestion is , that with so many ships with dedicated children's programs, why would one consider probably the most -un child friendly line in the US ?

Ask is this cruise for me or is it for the child... because I doubt any kid would want to be on board Oceania

+ 1. Well said.

The Oceania catalogs show the "Explorer Youth Program" available only on select Alaska cruises. Oceania does not have a kids program as a standard feature.

From the Oceania website:

"Oceania Cruises does not provide for the care, entertainment or supervision of children."

(Guest Services> Reservations > Can I bring children under the age of 18? - https://www.oceaniacruises.com/guestservices/default.aspx)

Was wondering if there was any children's program planned for the Christmas Panama Canal cruise on Regatta. There was one the last time I went with my grandson on an Alaska cruise last summer and he really loved it. If anyone knows anything, please let me know.

The day they start having kids programs on Oceania is the last day I look at sailing with Oceania again. Have looked at Alaska, but any sailing with kids programs is out for us. Love kids, but not on my vacation. :):)