website - Be careful clicking on upgrades

Swinden

So here is the scenario - we are booked on the April 14th TA on the Equinox. Last week, I was going over my account online and CC had an upgraded teaser. I clicked on it to see the upgrade and ultimately ended up being upgraded to a Celebrity Suite from a Sky Suite to the tune of $1,500 more. I don't recall acknowledging the upgraded, or even having the opportunity to get out of it. I do remember closing down because I had to go do other things, so I closed out the session.

So when I logged into the account today, I noticed the increase in fare by $1,500. We called CC and ultimately, they said they could not do anything since it was not the company's fault that I clicked and possibly accidently upgraded to the next level.

So please be careful when surfing the CC website. I have noticed that quite often pages are down or unavailable, so I know that CC website is having IT issues. The problem is that I can't prove that an IT issue caused the phantom upgrade.

I am just glad that I didn't click on the Penthouse upgrade!!

Has anyone else had a problem such as this with the Website?

Cheers,

MS

Edited by Swinden

So here is the scenario - we are booked on the April 14th TA on the Equinox. Last week, I was going over my account online and CC had an upgraded teaser. I clicked on it to see the upgrade and ultimately ended up being upgraded to a Celebrity Suite from a Sky Suite to the tune of $1,500 more. I don't recall acknowledging the upgraded, or even having the opportunity to get out of it. I do remember closing down because I had to go do other things, so I closed out the session.

So when I logged into the account today, I noticed the increase in fare by $1,500. We called CC and ultimately, they said they could not do anything since it was not the company's fault that I clicked and possibly accidently upgraded to the next level.

So please be careful when surfing the CC website.

Thank you for the warning.

We will know to make sure that we are not signed in looking at our own reservation if we want to check out prices for upgrading.

The same for checking out cabins, knowing not to be in our reservation if checking to see what other cabins are available, as I recall an incident where someone reported that their cabin got changed that way.

You do have to be very careful clicking on their website. I was once charged twice when submitting a deposit. I am sure I was very careful with my action and immediately called Celebrity and of course it could not have been their computer system as they are maintained all the time. Well don't we all know that! Anyway after many phone calls I was refunded the overcharge when they realised I had only been allocated one stateroom. Fortunately they now have a warning before you click. I know the thrill of the travel can sometimes get you a bit excited,but keep at it and make those phone calls and and send those emails as you certainly don't want to pay for something you don't necessarily want.

I assume you don't have an agency booking. If you do, you shouldn't be able to change cabin categories.

I booked through an online TA and changed my booking from C3 to AQ2 about four months after booking a January 2015 cruise. Heck, I've done it several times before no problem.

I booked through an online TA and changed my booking from C3 to AQ2 about four months after booking a January 2015 cruise. Heck, I've done it several times before no problem.

I think they meant you can't change the room or category yourself, it needs to go through your TA. You can certainly have your TA upgrade for you.

So please be careful when surfing the CC website. I have noticed that quite often pages are down or unavailable, so I know that CC website is having IT issues. The problem is that I can't prove that an IT issue caused the phantom upgrade.

I am just glad that I didn't click on the Penthouse upgrade!!

Has anyone else had a problem such as this with the Website?

Cheers,

MS

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2011876

I made a similar post on this thread just a week ago. See above. Celebrity seems to take no ownership for website glitches.

I had the same experience. My wife and I were looking at our booking considering upgrading from a balcony to a suite. We checked prices and decided to go for it. When we called Celebrity to do the upgrade, it had already been done by me.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2011876

I made a similar post on this thread just a week ago. See above. Celebrity seems to take no ownership for website glitches.

Yours must be the post I was thinking of. Hope the OP comes back with an update.

Now I am off to make sure that I signed out of Celebrity. :rolleyes:

Have you yet paid for the $1,500 upgrade? I'm assuming Celebrity doesn't have your credit card number on file that they could automatically put through the charge. So does this mean they have you booked into a Sky Suite, but you still owe them the upgrade charge? Or did they manage to get a credit card number out of you when you called?

Have you yet paid for the $1,500 upgrade? I'm assuming Celebrity doesn't have your credit card number on file that they could automatically put through the charge. So does this mean they have you booked into a Sky Suite, but you still owe them the upgrade charge? Or did they manage to get a credit card number out of you when you called?

Well evidently when I supposedly upgraded to the Celebrity Suite, we gave up our Sky Suite and when we asked if we could have it back, they said "sorry, but that room been booked and paid for". It was stateroom 2151 port aft corner Deck 12. And they didn't have anything else in that category. So we had to pay for the upgrade today or risk NOT having a room period.

Well evidently when I supposedly upgraded to the Celebrity Suite, we gave up our Sky Suite and when we asked if we could have it back, they said "sorry, but that room been booked and paid for". It was stateroom 2151 port aft corner Deck 12. And they didn't have anything else in that category. So we had to pay for the upgrade today or risk NOT having a room period.

Got it. Thanks for clearing that up in my mind. Yes, when you upgraded to the Celebrity Suite, your Sky Suite no doubt went back into inventory and someone else grabbed it.

As Wine-O mentioned, you must have booked directly with Celebrity, because you could never orchestrate that kind of change to your booking if you were booked through a TA.

Despite the odd circumstances, enjoy that Celebrity Suite and your Transatlantic cruise. ;)

$1,500 is a hard pill to swallow, but you may be happy having more room for that long of a cruise.

Curious, did you check stateroom availability to make sure that your SS was indeed taken?

Checking the availability of our old Sky Suite was the first thing I did -- but that went within minutes of it being put back into inventory -- aft end portside. Oh I'm positive we will have a grand time in the Celebrity Suite -- but as someone mentioned a $1500 pill and hard lesson to learn.

I'm curious if others have had problems with the CC website.

I had been trying to print our Xpress pass for our cruise in May and it kept saying it wasn't ready. It's been paid in full for over a month now, so I thought it was strange.

I logged into mu reservation on Monday and realized there was a $459 balance due. After a lengthy wait I spoke to someone in Celebrity who, of course, blamed me. For what?

For clicking on something on my reservation and - get this - asking for a refund of the taxes and fees! What? According to X, they had refunded the taxes and fees we had paid back to my credit card and I now owed them that money back.

No harm done, checked it has been actually refunded and paid it back. But, really!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums