When will ccl end traditional dinning

vols_159

Here is the quote from John Heald's FB page today regarding discontinuing the 2 mdr seatings:

Name: Don_______

Message: been reading stuff on cruise critic message boards that suggest that carnival is going to do away with assigned traditional dinning very soon. I hope this is not true because IMHO it would be a disaster.

Name: Bianca__________

Message: John, I am really worries because we have been seeing people writing saying that Carnival workers have told them that Carnival is stopping all assigned dinner reservqations. We love meeting new people at dinner and it is one of the reasons we keep on cruising. Can you set my mind at ease please

Name: Susan_______

Message. --------- - -----------cruise lines have done away with the traditional dining room, replacing it with 5 completely different restaurants. I now read that Carnival is heading down this route and no more early and late sitting. Please please please tell me that this is not going to happen.

John's Response --- Judging by these posts all received today it is obvious people are talking about this so let me simply say this. While Your Time Dining remains popular and is getting more so it is part of a choice that we offer our guests and there are no plans to change from the choices we currently offer of early, late or your time dinning.

cheers

So you are one of the ones who Went to John.. Did you read my opening post? I said I had no source not a rumor just said In the future could be 20 years from now 1 day Carnival will do away with Standard seating .. And One day they will may not today may not be in 2015 but one day they will

So you are one of the ones who Went to John.. Did you read my opening post? I said I had no source not a rumor just said In the future could be 20 years from now 1 day Carnival will do away with Standard seating .. And One day they will may not today may not be in 2015 but one day they will

Holly didn't say she was one of the people who went to John. She merely copied and pasted a post from John's facebook page.

If they do away with traditional dining then I definitely would not sail with Carnival again. I do not sail with NCL after having tried the "Freestyle Dining". It is not for us.

Right now, it is all just a matter of guessing if or when they will get rid of it. Would rather wait until Carnival makes the announcement instead of playing a guessing game. Of course, we all realize how long it takes Carnival to make announcements.

I like the traditional dining because since I cruise solo most of the time being at a fun table can make a cruise a hit or miss, it may or may not get things going the first night and so on.

Ummmmmmmmm........do you see the name HOLLY in any of the posts? Yeah. I didn't think so.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

People on these boards just need to CHILL OUT!

I have no source or fact ccl will end traditional anytime soon or the next 20 years just a simple guess if all other major lines are changing ccl will also to keep up ..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Official source - email arrived in my inbox 20 minutes describing exactly that as to what is going to happen. NOT IMPRESSED.

RCI have also sent out emails informing the demise of traditional dining room set time dining.

Edited by SnoopyJS

A rumor. John H confirmed it on Facebook

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Yes, anyone who actually read the OP's post would know it was never claimed to be fact. The OP actually specifically said in the second post :

I have no source or fact ccl will end traditional anytime soon or the next 20 years just a simple guess if all other major lines are changing ccl will also to keep up ..

It can't come soon enough for me. I just cancelled a cruise because anytime was waitlisted. I am not taking the chance of not getting it.

Actually, I think it will come and probably sooner than some seem to think. The fact that John often mentions how popular it has become, the fact it is waitlisted so much, the fact the area given to anytime dining area has increased so much.

I hope they never change over to ATD only!:eek: I think it's nice to have a choice. One of the only things I don't like about NCL is that their MDRs are ATD only. We love sitting at large tables and meeting people. Our DS has met and made lots of cruise buddies that way as a lot of time they will put families with same age kids together at the same table. Once when we were cruising with the SIL on Carnival they put us at a table for 4. We immediately asked to be changed to a table with other people and we made some friends that we still are in e-mail contact with to this day. I understand that some people don't like being seated with groups or want to eat at whatever time they want to. I think that's great, it's just that not everyone wants it that way. I think having one MDR be set times and one being ATD is a perfect situation for everyone. :D I'm sorry that being wait listed for ATD is a problem for some people but I think that wanting to do away with set time seating is an unfair expectation and inconsiderate of the people that like set time dining. I don't see people that like set time dining asking for ATD dining to be done away with. Just say'n. :)

Edited by mousey

IMHO, I believe Carnival will always have one dining room for traditional seating.

There are many, many cruisers who love dining with strangers who become friends by the end of the cruise.

Of course, I could be wrong, but from the experience of hearing stories of table mates,

I think traditional dining will survive.

I quite agree with you.

Hearing so many stories re. having to wait for a table

because they chose "convenient" :D AnyTime Dining...

..has confirmed that we will be staying with our 6 p.m. Early Seating, possibly forever!

We will also be having all breakfasts in the MDR.

Lidos are for Lunch and quick snacks, only.

Edited by Aplmac

Wow! Four pages in two days, over the elimination of traditional dining. That's faster growth than the "no tablecloths" thread :). If Carnival ignores the die-hard fans of assigned seating and goes through with it anyway, I just hope I'll meet people I can cruise with by then, relationship or otherwise. That or get a big enough promotion to be able to afford my own cabin on hosted singles' cruises. Breakfast or lunch, I don't really care, but eating dinner alone is just too damn awkward. Besides, the assigned table acts as a home port of sorts, to compare notes and share how the day went (with the cabin being the dry dock, to sleep off the Fun Ship Specials :)).

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

As soon as CCL partners with MacDonalds.....BTW, the theaters will be converted to space for more cabins and shops.

They already did this on the first floor of the theater on the Destiny/Sunshine. They made more cabins on it.

First ncl went to freestyle dinning now on rccl starting with there new builds they will have there version calling it dynamic dinning doing away with late and early seating / formal nights .. We all know its coming rather it be 6

Months or 5 years traditional dinning is on its last leg

John Heald posted about this on the other website, just the other day. Tradition dining is NOT going away.

This is his comment..."Judging by these posts all received today it is obvious people are talking about this so let me simply say this. While Your Time Dining remains popular and is getting more so it is part of a choice that we offer our guests and there are no plans to change from the choices we currently offer of early, late or your time dinning. "

John Heald posted about this on the other website, just the other day. Tradition dining is NOT going away.

This is his comment..."Judging by these posts all received today it is obvious people are talking about this so let me simply say this. While Your Time Dining remains popular and is getting more so it is part of a choice that we offer our guests and there are no plans to change from the choices we currently offer of early, late or your time dinning. "

Never said it was going away. Anytime soon.. But one day it very well may.. I'm sure john doesn't speak for what may happen 5 10 15 years from now..

First ncl went to freestyle dinning now on rccl starting with there new builds they will have there version calling it dynamic dinning doing away with late and early seating / formal nights .. We all know its coming rather it be 6

Months or 5 years traditional dinning is on its last leg

don't think so, imo it requires a ship big enough to have many alternative dining options vs MDR.

we enjoy the anytime dining option on both RCCL & CCL, wish DCL would offer it. That said, on RCCL we made reservations on the IOS and were glad we did after seeing the stand-by line for those that didn't most nights. Nice to have a 7 - 7:30 pm option to eat though.:)

Did ncl fans suspected they would go freestyle a number of years ago ? How about rccl fans who got suprised a few days ago that new builds were going dynamitic dinning. Do I think ccl will change any time soon no. But one day they may well change.. Remeber the old saying all good things must come to a end..

don't think so, imo it requires a ship big enough to have many alternative dining options vs MDR.

we enjoy the anytime dining option on both RCCL & CCL, wish DCL would offer it. That said, on RCCL we made reservations on the IOS and were glad we did after seeing the stand-by line for those that didn't most nights. Nice to have a 7 - 7:30 pm option to eat though.:)

Ncl sky and sun are pretty small ships. Probably a lot smaller than 80% of carnival ships.

Did ncl fans suspected they would go freestyle a number of years ago ? How about rccl fans who got suprised a few days ago that new builds were going dynamitic dinning. Do I think ccl will change any time soon no. But one day they may well change.. Remeber the old saying all good things must come to a end..

The man said Carnival would NEVER charge for food in th MDR

Until Carnival started charging for food oin the MDR.