Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Welcome sweetpee. congrats on your B2B. Never done one always want too. Maybe when we retire...ahhhhhh

There is a sticky on the top of this page with lots of Getaway Pics including cabins of course escape will have a different color pallet but the room layouts look the same to me.

Hubby & I paid for the ultimate package on Allure a couple years ago right after the restructure to include bottled water. I was a bit sticker-shocked on the front end when paying for it. Not accustomed to paying for even soda let alone the prepaid bar tab. But I wanted to give it a shot especially after DH & I walked off a 7-night western on DCL Fantasy a couple months earlier with a final bill of more than the package cost. I don't know for sure if we drank the full $700-something worth. With the bottled water I suspect we did. The biggest value for us was the convenience. I'm super excited to have a package again. I've lamented about the lack of this option on every Disney cruise we've been on since our experience with it on Royal.

Thank you!

Yay! I feel really lucky to have found it on 2 sailings b2b then. I'm mostly worried about storage for a family of 4 in 1 stateroom but I have that sentiment about most non-suite rooms on NCL. We've not had any problems in DCL's rooms but there's a ton of storage in those. It's hard to tell exactly from all the pics & video I've found. I figure worst case the boys can live out of suitcases by sliding them in & out from under the bed like a dresser drawer. A bigger balcony is much appreciated by us for sure! But not switching rooms between sailings will be a Godsend. DH & I sailed b2b on the Wonder last fall switching rooms between. We vowed to never do another b2b if we had to switch because packing up twice is the pits! LOL!

Take a TON of crazy detailed pics/video of our room for me. The family & I would appreciate it soooooo much!

Welcome and I want to echo the sentiment of congratulations for your back to back. Should be a lot of fun

Sweetpee, if the balcony isn't a must have you might consider a O1 or O2 Family Oceanview stateroom.

BAPLUS_O1_Family_Oceanview_schematic_881x400.gif

The one pictures is a O1 cat. and is a regular port or starboard oceanview. The O2 cat. is different and forward facing IIRC.

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Sweetpee, if the balcony isn't a must have you might consider a O1 or O2 Family Oceanview stateroom.

The one pictures is a O1 cat. and is a regular port or starboard oceanview. The O2 cat. is different and forward facing IIRC.

This is the room I'm in and I'm super stoked about it because it's forward facing. My wife is also happy about the bathtub as we have an infant. It's a very well thought out option for families. No balcony, but more space and the bath.

If I wasnt desperately trying to heal this nasty plantar fasciitis in my left foot I promise I'd be running circles outside. I'm so excited I can't stand myself! This is our first NCL sailings and we're jumping all-in. I love Disney, it's forever ingrained in my soul.....but there's only so many times I can watch the same shows, eat the same foods, go to the same places, meet the same characters, etc etc. I'm beyond ecstatic to have a whole new world to research. So much we haven't done! Can't wait to drink it all in! <----and with the free UBP the hubby & I will be drinking en masse. :cool: Now to get caught up on all the lovely details about this amazing ship! I'm itchy for those here who are on the inaugural sailings to go, come back, and drown us in pictures, video, and glowing reviews!!!!

As a former PF sufferer. Try going to a Chiropractor. I was in disbelief when I was told go to one. Best advice ever... Did more to take away the pain than any Dr. was able to do for years.

If you can, just give it a try.

This is the room I'm in and I'm super stoked about it because it's forward facing. My wife is also happy about the bathtub as we have an infant. It's a very well thought out option for families. No balcony, but more space and the bath.

You are aware the O2 is quite different from the O1? I am not sure on the tub, let me check that for you..

I got bumped from a O2 for the first sailing, unfortunately, never got informed or a why but I'm happy with the balcony I got.

Will try to snap a few shots of the Escape's O2 if they open up some mix of cabins for show, they usually do!

edit; this different (taken from BA/GA):

57971.jpg

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Can anyone confirm that the float out is still scheduled for next week?

I repeated that information from this thread in another thread, and everyone reacted like I was nuts. They said there is no way it would be before September. So who knows.

We narrowed it down to an O1 or the BB. Deciding factor was mostly balcony + not having to switch staterooms between sailings. I might look at O2s if available but only if I can confirm a pullman bed in them. We prefer a shower to a tub. ;)

Edited by sweetpee_1993

What is the difference btwn the o1 and o2 other than the o2 being forward facing?

IMHO, the forward facing cabins have more space than those on Deck 5.

The forward OAs and O2s have the same floor space, but the O2s have extra bunks that take up room.

I like this page for info:

http://www.icruise.com/ships/norwegian-cruise-line-norwegian-escape-staterooms.html

Edited by $hip$hape

I repeated that information from this thread in another thread, and everyone reacted like I was nuts. They said there is no way it would be before September. So who knows.

Float out is very possible anytime soon, Escape will be moored at the pier to have the last finishing thingy thingies, lifeboats hoisted in, funnel installment, front mast perhaps, anything else that was too large or too high for the building hall, etc.

After that she will be ready, serve as a backdrop for the concert, go down the Ems river, run tests, receive her latest shipments of furniture, hotel inventory and after that, somewhere in October she will be handed over to NCL.

Float out is very possible anytime soon, Escape will be moored at the pier to have the last finishing thingy thingies, lifeboats hoisted in, funnel installment, front mast perhaps, anything else that was too large or too high for the building hall, etc.

After that she will be ready, serve as a backdrop for the concert, go down the Ems river, run tests, receive her latest shipments of furniture, hotel inventory and after that, somewhere in October she will be handed over to NCL.

ALL very exciting stuff - that we get to watch!! :D

What is the difference btwn the o1 and o2 other than the o2 being forward facing?

The floorplan; where the O1 has the sofa bed near the window in a O2 it has the bed there, under a sloping wall (being under the bridge), the extra floor space is near the bathroom in a O2 as far as I know.

To me it seems an O2 is a bit wider where an O1 is deeper?

Too bad NCL never released a floorplan for the O2..

The floorplan; where the O1 has the sofa bed near the window in a O2 it has the bed there, under a sloping wall (being under the bridge), the extra floor space is near the bathroom in a O2 as far as I know.

To me it seems an O2 is a bit wider where an O1 is deeper?

Too bad NCL never released a floorplan for the O2..

Also, there is extra storage space under the sloping wall bunk.

As of now Escape is scheduled for next week. To dock along side Meyer Wreft outfitting wet dock.

Also Ovation is scheduled for 2nd mega block to enter Building 6. For the 2nd week in Aug.

Escape would have to leave to make room for OoTS to be blocked. Not to mention the timeline would be in line with BA & GA float out's timeline.

Edited by Planefixer

As of now Escape is scheduled for next week. To dock along side Meyer Wreft outfitting wet dock.

Also Ovation is scheduled for 2nd mega block to enter Building 6. For the 2nd week in Aug.

Escape would have to leave to make room for OoTS to be blocked. Not to mention the timeline would be in line with BA & GA float out's timeline.

That makes sense as some senior officers report to work next week

It was reported August 3rd for the float out several months ago.

Yep, right here in this thread. That's why I wanted to double check. I posted that date in another thread, and about 12 people went crazy on me saying it's scheduled for September, and no one came to my defense to say any different, so I was starting to think maybe I'd imagined it. haha

I have been looking at the deck plans for the ship and some cabins have a

" + " sign and some have a "triangle". What do these mean?

plus sign means it sleeps 4

triangle thing means it sleeps 3

Edited by LrgPizza

What kind of thingy thingies!?

I hope they are the special thingy thingies that make her our girl 'The NCL Escape'. :p

My thanks to everyone with the most current pictures and news!

Edited by Cruisercl
typos