Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Thanks for the pics and video; they were great! I had to use Google translate to read the info, but even that was fun[emoji2]!

MORE NORWEGIAN ESCAPE NEWS !!!!

When Norwegian Escape makes her maiden voyage in November, the ship will feature unprecedented dining, beverage and entertainment options-- and now, luxurious shopping with two dazzling name-brand boutiques.

The two boutiques – LACOSTE and Carolina Herrera – will be the first at sea for each acclaimed brand, as well as the first boutiques to be designed specifically for a Norwegian Cruise Line ship.

Thanks for posting this info. I'm getting extremely excited with all of the tidbits being posted. Nov 20th can't get here soon enough! [emoji16]

Good to see that the rare public spaces are well used :rolleyes:

Are these taking up space that wasn't already used for retail on the sister ships? If so, that sucks. I can't find that part of the story, though. So I am going to assume that there is the exact same amount of retail as was expected, but with these names on a couple of the shops.

Edited by LrgPizza

Thanks! :)

I can't wait to see the data from her sea trials! Breakaway has fantastic handling, but she's quite sluggish. Hopefully Escape's more powerful pods (17.5 mw vs. 19.5 mw) will make her a bit faster. A lot of that extra power will go towards propelling her wider hull and additional decks, but I remain optimistic.

With SDP there is a $15 upcharge ($17.70 with gratuity) plus the use of one of your SDP meals. It is cheaper to book without using SDP. However, the person who asked the question has the former UDP which gives a 25% discount. That price sounds right.

Thank You! That was me!:)

ImageUploadedByForums1441920585.361693.jpg.5be4ff20beaa8fc3e368ee886fcf4e7e.jpg

Both these screen caps show that all balconies are deeper than on BA & GA.

They are using the new FA-556 poly-fiber composite balcony dividers with the extended hinge feature.

They serve a dual purpose. Keeps fire code in force, while still allowing maintenance crews to clean balconies by opening just the fwd portion of the partition allowing easy access between divider panels.

ImageUploadedByForums1441920568.926006.jpg.33b7a4a18c4ed44e6d8979e453e02a50.jpg

The two boutiques – LACOSTE and Carolina Herrera – will be the first at sea for each acclaimed brand, as well as the first boutiques to be designed specifically for a Norwegian Cruise Line ship.

That's great! Now I can look at $500 sweaters and $700 sunglasses. I'll stick with $5 ship magnets....

That's great! Now I can look at $500 sweaters and $700 sunglasses. I'll stick with $5 ship magnets....

I was thinking the same thing... I'm not super familiar with Carolina Herrera, but I'm pretty sure it's fancy, formal-ish, very pricy clothing. It seems an odd fit for a pretty casual cruise line.

Ladies! You all are disappointing me! That Carolina person seems to do perfumes and.. handbags! Come on! Shopping for handbags and perfume in air conditioned shops onboard whilst on vacation, not having to wait to dock in some hot and crowded port.. must be a dream come true! :D

LaCoste will be great for a polo shirt and some sneakers if they drop your luggage in the sea or if it's delayed on the flight in.. instead of wearing NCL logo wear all week long. :D

Ladies! You all are disappointing me! That Carolina person seems to do perfumes and.. handbags! Come on! Shopping for handbags and perfume in air conditioned shops onboard whilst on vacation, not having to wait to dock in some hot and crowded port.. must be a dream come true! :D

LaCoste will be great for a polo shirt and some sneakers if they drop your luggage in the sea or if it's delayed on the flight in.. instead of wearing NCL logo wear all week long. :D

They should have Coach onboard. :D

We sailed RCCL's Independence of the Seas a couple years ago, and there was a Micheal Kors or some other high-end store in the Promenade Shops. Every time we walked past it, it was completely empty! The sales associates were just standing there waiting for someone - anyone - to come in. We walked in once, just to browse, but I can never bring myself to spend that much on shoes or a purse.

I agree with the PP who said these are high-end stores going on a casual cruise line.

We sailed RCCL's Independence of the Seas a couple years ago, and there was a Micheal Kors or some other high-end store in the Promenade Shops. Every time we walked past it, it was completely empty! The sales associates were just standing there waiting for someone - anyone - to come in. We walked in once, just to browse, but I can never bring myself to spend that much on shoes or a purse.

I agree with the PP who said these are high-end stores going on a casual cruise line.

I only carry high end purses. It's just my "thing". That and watches. BUT, i would never purchase one on a cruise ship, no matter how expensive or casual the cruise line is.

A buddy of mine works in IT for NCLH here in Miami and he flew out to ESCAPE yesterday regarding the internet. When he gets back I'll see if I can get some info.

Hi eroller...Have you heard anything back from your buddy regarding the internet on the Escape? Thanks

Unlimited Internet on the TA costs $249

I haven't been able to find any internet package available for our 11/21 Thanksgiving Cruise as of yet...anyone else?

I was also interested in the infrastructure of the wifi system on the Escape. As a brand new ship, I would hope that NCL would be utilizing newer technology than was available on the other away's. I had hoped that eroller's buddy who is actually working with NCL on the internet system would possibly have some insight...71 days to go

Edited by kismet618

Ulysse Nardin watches will also be available on the Escape. I worked for them for 7 years at US headquarters and these are high end high quality watches, I saw the announcement in the Cruise News posts yesterday. They are highly prized by watch collectors and you must go see them! Not sure if they were be there for the inaugural but wanted to share....they are on a par with Audemars, etc. the official announcement is on NCL's website.

Edited by watchdiva

Well...Since you put it that way. I guess I can go in and look at the stuff. Maybe even touch. I can dream. :D

I haven't been able to find any internet package available for our 11/21 Thanksgiving Cruise as of yet...anyone else?

Yeah, There was a time a while back when the internet packages were available on MyNCL, but they disappeared. I should have bought the unlimited package when I had the chance. I still have 168 days so there's plenty of time, but it would be nice if they got their web site in order.