Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Nice views. Unfortunately it does not look like there will be a pool at Spice if this is accurate. Granted the images are kind of blurry, but I did not see a large water feature either. It will be disappointing if they just have a little water feature like the -away ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Nice views. Unfortunately it does not look like there will be a pool at Spice if this is accurate. Granted the images are kind of blurry, but I did not see a large water feature either. It will be disappointing if they just have a little water feature like the -away ships.

Now that's a shame. Spice on Epic is so much better. What a waste :-(

Hmm... it looks like a simplified rendering, so perhaps there could still be a pool at Spice. I don't see any hot tubs either though which seems strange. I think that port side cave looking thing could possibly be the water feature.

So where is all of the extra Haven space to accommodate the extra cabins? The sundeck looks the same as the other ships, with the exception of Epic, which is bigger due to Posh being included.

Would this image mean the Haven area is on the whole starboard side of the sundeck where the cabanas are? If that is true it seems a little bigger than the area on the Breakaway.

These pictures are really exciting though, now if we only had a detailed aft view to start guessing cabin configurations...

Edited by Kortehgehn

Would this image mean the Haven area is on the whole starboard side of the sundeck where the cabanas are? If that is true it seems a little bigger than the area on the Breakaway.

These pictures are really exciting though, now if we only had a detailed aft view to start guessing cabin configurations...

If I had to guess, I'd say that was vibe and the other half the haven.

If I had to guess, I'd say that was vibe and the other half the haven.

If true, that's a loss for Haven guests but a win for the general population. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me... NCL could have quite reasonably looked at the -away ships and determined that increased deck space for the general population is more necessary than increasing the space of the Haven sun deck, especially since Escape will carry more passengers.

Edit: perhaps increase wasn't the right word. Let's say... Upgrade the deck space for the masses instead.

Edited by Dave85

If true, that's a loss for Haven guests but a win for the general population. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me... NCL could have quite reasonably looked at the -away ships and determined that increased deck space for the general population is more necessary than increasing the space of the Haven sun deck, especially since Escape will carry more passengers.

Edit: perhaps increase wasn't the right word. Let's say... Upgrade the deck space for the masses instead.

I don't know, it makes me think of the Epic where the only Haven sundeck space is now Posh because they actually took away the forward Haven deck space and reallocated it to adult passengers. So I suppose it is certainly possible. With such a large Haven complex though, especially on sailings with many large families it can get very crowded. It doesn't seem like the ratio of deck space on these newer ships has expanded along with overall passenger capacity. :(

Is this usefull?

Wow, thanks! That is a better angle, but I am not sure if I actually see a difference or if my eyes are just seeing what I want to see. At the moment it seems like decks 10-11 and 13-14 may have a similar look as opposed to decks 9, 12 & 15 but it could just be the angle as it's hard to see the details completely, just a feeling I get when looking at them.

H7Configuration.png

I have been thinking about the H6 aft penthouses for quite some time and I am making a lot of assumptions, probably too many.

- I start off by assuming that the H6 aft penthouse cabin configurations will be similar to the Breakaway and Getaway.

- Of those two configurations I try to figure out which ones will have the bathroom unit on the balcony side, similar in configuration to an H4.

- Originally, I thought it would be simple to figure out, but was complicated by the fact that the Escape adds an extra deck.

- Then I came across the realization that the likely reason there are two styles of aft cabins may have to do with being able to make the cabins connecting cabins.

- All of the H6 aft penthouse cabins on Breakaway and Getaway that have the H4 type configuration are connecting.

- What complicates matters even further is the fact that only one deck on the Escape, deck 14, is currently listed with connecting H7 staterooms.

Who knows at this point the aft balcony staterooms could be a completely new design entirely ;), but I still can't wait to see it in person, only 474 days to go!

The other thing I wondered about was balcony size and from this picture it seems like the balconies are all of approximately equal size on decks 10, 11, 13 and 14. It also looks like balconies on deck 15, 12 and 9 would be extended which is different then the current deck plans seem to imply. However, I know those deck plans can be completely wrong with regards to actual and relative room sizes.

It also appears that the roof on the waterfront does not extend over the back part of the ship like it does on the Breakaway and Getaway which will probably be nicer for those in balconies on deck 9.

Edited by Kortehgehn

I agree. They lose a lot with the majority of the deck space taken up by the ropes courses, etc.

Umm. Where's the pool. I see a foot bath but no pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I completely agree. I'm not a ship pool user, but DAMN. :eek: That's a postage stamp. Completely ridiculous for the size of the ship. I know it (the Escape) will be gorgeous, but give me the Sun's pool/pool-deck any day.

In my humble opinion, they're putting too much into the slides/ropes/rock climbing/planks. From what I've observed, there are more people that want to "hang" by the pool and cocktail it up than "hang" from a carabinar 17 decks over the sea. Just my opinion. :cool:

I agree...I am Platinum on NCL and it apprears that NCL is trying to get more kids on board...even those below 3 years old. Their parents can't have a good time on a cruise with a 3 year old. Those rope courses take up alot of GREAT space that 60% of all the cruise passengers could/would use. I was on the Getaway a few weeks ago. Those rope courses were not used much as all.

I completely agree. I'm not a ship pool user, but DAMN. :eek: That's a postage stamp. Completely ridiculous for the size of the ship. I know it (the Escape) will be gorgeous, but give me the Sun's pool/pool-deck any day.

According to the renderings on page 23 of this thread, there is another pool under the waterslides. Also, if that is a grotto in Spice, there could be a hot tub and pool under there which would be protected in bad weather. Sounds great to me!

According to the renderings on page 23 of this thread, there is another pool under the waterslides. Also, if that is a grotto in Spice, there could be a hot tub and pool under there which would be protected in bad weather. Sounds great to me!

Looking again at the rendering it does look an awful lot like a grotto... Which could be really cool, but would seem to be limited to the size of the bar on the opposite side and thus not too large... Perhaps at best a slightly enlarged version of the -away water feature.

I was just exploring everything Escape on the ncl website. I noticed a few things I haven't seen before. I apologize if these are not new.

On http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/escape/overview/overview under "What's on board."

Ocean Blue is not listed under specialty dining.

The big blue waterslide looks way bigger than the plunge slides. It says "grab an inner tube for Aqua Racer." So they will have a tube racing slide.

The Free Fall slides show a see-through section like the Aqua Racer shows on the rendering.

They list bocce ball and show a long court under the basketball court in the photo.

The deck plans for deck 20 suggest two planks. One on each side of the ship.

They also show a sun deck, so my thought is that haven has front of 19 and front section on 20. Could general guests have the rest of deck 19 including the second set of hot tubs and vibe be located on that second white roof which would also be deck 20?