Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I noticed that soon after posting, but I can't seem to edit that particular post :(

Anyway, the more exciting fact that she's slightly wider is true. I'm a bit surprised people aren't more excited about it. For all those people hoping for wider balconies, this is their chance at seeing it happen :p

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm hoping they dump the entirety of the extra width into the balconies... Even is it's only an extra 3 feet that would make a huge difference. Sure the hallways are narrow on the Aways, but that didn't bother me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I'm thinking the increase in width may be to compensate for the extra decks they are adding. An even slightly wider hull will provide a considerable amount of additional stability for the much lighter superstructure. We need something to hold up that larger waterpark and ropes course! :p

I'm hoping that width translates into larger corridors in public areas, and larger balconies in cabins. It can be a narrow squeeze walking around Ocean Place and the Atrium!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just found another rope works flyover. There is defiantly a water mushroom by the looks of it. I think the whole of the back end up a lido?? a little like the MSC Divina set up.

Canopy.png

I feel like whatever this is isn't in the other flyover views. :confused: To me it looks like it could be a hot tub canopy...

Say what???!?!?!?!!!! :eek: We cruise to get AWAY from the snow..... :o

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6127

Good things from that article:

Spice H2O will have a real grotto to cool down and such and will also be adults only at night.

Vibe will have more water features than just a hot tub.

Bad from that article:

Looks like the Thermal Suite will be unisex unless one deck is for males and the other for females!

The Grotto looks awesome! Exactly the kind of thing they needed to add to Spice H20. There's a better picture that shows a little more of it on NCL's Escape website but I can't get it at the moment for some reason.

Relaxation948x253.jpg

The Grotto looks awesome! Exactly the kind of thing they needed to add to Spice H20. There's a better picture that shows a little more of it on NCL's Escape website but I can't get it at the moment for some reason.

Relaxation948x253.jpg

Thanks for posting the image, Dave. I was initially frustrated that Norwegian hasn't updated the Escape deck plans, yet, and that the image above doesn't show a hot tub. Yes, the press release mentions one "with a view of the big screen", but placement is important.

However, I increased the image to 300% zoom and I SAW THE HOT TUB! :p It's in the corner between the shower and the canopy lounger. I hope there is a twin to the right of the giant shower top in the front of the image.

So, here's the upshot according to Cruiser Bruiser: the grotto looks really nice. My fear that it would be a dark cave is completely resolved. May I request that the water be heated, please? Two (I hope) well-placed hot tubs allay my concern that Spice H2O (H2O is water, by the way ;)) was becoming a desert. And, I love that the loungers are being upgraded to a wicker padded variety. Well done, Norwegian. It seems I will be keeping my 14-night booking aboard the beautiful Norwegian Escape.

But I will never visit the stupid snow room. :confused: Tee hee hee.

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

Just found another rope works flyover. There is defiantly a water mushroom by the looks of it. I think the whole of the back end up a lido?? a little like the MSC Divina set up.

2meqr7t.png

Good catch, Andrew! This hot tub is confirmed by the new image released by Norwegian today. However, in the newest art there is no canopy. Given that I'm a skin cancer survivor, I hope there's a canopy. (I like to be completely surrounded by the sun, but in a little island of shade.) I also really hope there's a twin hot tub on the opposite side.

Good things from that article:

Spice H2O will have a real grotto to cool down and such and will also be adults only at night.

Vibe will have more water features than just a hot tub.

Bad from that article:

Looks like the Thermal Suite will be unisex unless one deck is for males and the other for females!

The thermal suite on the Breakaway is huge. The other Norwegian ships I've been on also have unisex thermal areas. Which ones are separate?

The Ice bars are very popular so I guess they are figuring the snow room will be too. The Scandinavians & Russians will be able to sauna & snow, just like at home.

I can't wait, since we have a spa cabin.

Thanks for posting the image, Dave. I was initially frustrated that Norwegian hasn't updated the Escape deck plans, yet, and that the image above doesn't show a hot tub. Yes, the press release mentions one "with a view of the big screen", but placement is important.

However, I increased the image to 300% zoom and I SAW THE HOT TUB! :p It's in the corner between the shower and the canopy lounger. I hope there is a twin to the right of the giant shower top in the front of the image.

So, here's the upshot according to Cruiser Bruiser: the grotto looks really nice. My fear that it would be a dark cave is completely resolved. May I request that the water be heated, please? Two (I hope) well-placed hot tubs allay my concern that Spice H2O (H2O is water, by the way ;)) was becoming a desert. And, I love that the loungers are being upgraded to a wicker padded variety. Well done, Norwegian. It seems I will be keeping my 14-night booking aboard the beautiful Norwegian Escape.

But I will never visit the stupid snow room. :confused: Tee hee hee.

Don't get your hopes up on the furniture, this was Vibe's furniture when being shown in a render;

0000breakaway-vibe-beach-club-1jpg.jpg

I DO like the return of the multiple levels, or at least one added at Spice, nice move NCL!

Good catch, Andrew! This hot tub is confirmed by the new image released by Norwegian today. However, in the newest art there is no canopy. Given that I'm a skin cancer survivor, I hope there's a canopy. (I like to be completely surrounded by the sun, but in a little island of shade.) I also really hope there's a twin hot tub on the opposite side.

Hear hear, page 3 of the press PDF shows a wider shot of Spice, including a 2nd hot tub and shower.

Not showing the left/port side of the grotto and seeing a bit black spot on the render I am wondering what has to come there..?

The thermal suite on the Breakaway is huge. The other Norwegian ships I've been on also have unisex thermal areas. Which ones are separate?

The Ice bars are very popular so I guess they are figuring the snow room will be too. The Scandinavians & Russians will be able to sauna & snow, just like at home.

I can't wait, since we have a spa cabin.

The Epic has separate men and women wet areas.

But, it appears there's a canopy on the portside hot tub, isn't there? :D

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

No, it's the shower canopy. But the starboard shower is missing in this new rendering. Head is exploding! :confused:

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

Hear hear, page 3 of the press PDF shows a wider shot of Spice, including a 2nd hot tub and shower.

Not showing the left/port side of the grotto and seeing a bit black spot on the render I am wondering what has to come there..?

http://www.escape.ncl.com/assets/Uploads/Norwegian-Escape-Spa-and-Fitness-1-6-15.pdf

Forgot to share the PDF..

I DO like the return of the multiple levels, or at least one added at Spice, nice move NCL!

Yes! Three distinct levels, according to the rendering. This looks like a really nice revival of the best aspects of Spice on Epic. While the pool is missing, the Grotto looks really nice. And it looks like it might be deeper than the water feature on the -aways? (I haven't sailed them, so I'll rely on others for that judgment.) Given that the design of this space appears to be so much cleaner than Spice on Epic, I'm prepared to judge this the best Spice yet. ;)

Yes! Three distinct levels, according to the rendering. This looks like a really nice revival of the best aspects of Spice on Epic. While the pool is missing, the Grotto looks really nice. And it looks like it might be deeper than the water feature on the -aways? (I haven't sailed them, so I'll rely on others for that judgment.) Given that the design of this space appears to be so much cleaner than Spice on Epic, I'm prepared to judge this the best Spice yet. ;)

IF it really looks like the rendering, I think I'm liking this better than Epic!! I am very excited to sail!

I really like the new look of Spice. Very nice area. But I guess that concludes there will be no Margaritaville at Spice. I still hope they put it outside at the pool area. Do you think they will have the menu there too with their coconut shrimp? You know there must be a charge for that. I fear they are just going to serve pre-mixed drinks at some corner interior part of the ship. Hoping I am proved wrong!

Edited by david_sobe

I really like the new look of Spice. Very nice area. But I guess that concludes there will be no Margaritaville at Spice. I still hope they put it outside at the pool area. Do you think they will have the menu there too with their coconut shrimp? You know there must be a charge for that. I fear they are just going to serve pre-mixed drinks at some corner interior part of the ship. Hoping I am proved wrong!

I won't order the pre-made drink garbage .... but I will definitely get the coconut shrimp! :D