Booking Two Years ahead of time ???????

Ok...you all got me looking at 9256 on the Serenade for the Feb or March 2016 sailings out of Fort Lauderdale. It looks like a great balcony and we love aft! What is next to 9256...it looks like they could have easily put in another suite instead of just a balcony. Is that a staircase or huge closet?

Thanks

Lauri

Ok...you all got me looking at 9256 on the Serenade for the Feb or March 2016 sailings out of Fort Lauderdale. It looks like a great balcony and we love aft! What is next to 9256...it looks like they could have easily put in another suite instead of just a balcony. Is that a staircase or huge closet?

Thanks

Lauri

It's a staircase. Right outside the door to 1100, there is a door to the stairway. Looking at the deckplan for deck 9, it doesn't look like there is room for a doorway to the staircase, but its there.

mac_tlc

It's a staircase. Right outside the door to 1100, there is a door to the stairway. Looking at the deckplan for deck 9, it doesn't look like there is room for a doorway to the staircase, but its there.

mac_tlc

Thanks for your answer! Prime real estate for a stairway, don't you think?! I want that cabin! All my searching makes me think that these are the absolute best aft balconies (non suite, anyways) in the RCI fleet. Wraparound with no metal structure to bang your head on (Voyager Class 1388, 1688)? Sign me up!

Lauri

Just sent an email to our TA! Hopefully 9256 is available one of the three dates we are interested in. The cruise goes to Tortola and Martinique or Dominica (depending on the date) where we have never visited. It also visits St Kitts and St Martin where we have been once and really look forward to returning. Fingers crossed! lauri

good luck ... I hope you get the room you want

Hey! I just noticed that you are already booked on the 2/26/2016 cruise! You chose 1100...that must be a corner suite? Maybe we will cruise together!

Lauri

good luck ... I hope you get the room you want

Big bummer! Our TA says 9256 is already booked for all three of the dates. So now we are looking at a B2B East/West on Freedom. Just a few hundred dollars more but no balcony, just a promenade. In the dead of Michigan weather, an escape for 14 days is better than 10 days and a great balcony, I guess.

Lauri

A few years ago I happened to see a great offer on Indy in the newspaper; third and 4th passengers sharing a cabin only £28 each! We could afford to upgrade to a large balcony cabin and took the kids (who were teens at the time) .... 20 months ahead of the cruise. It was well worth waiting for; we had a ball :D.

Us too. When we see that the cabin we want is available we book it. Even if it is two years in advance.

Since cabin availability changes all the time...we actually book the cruise and category that we wish. Even if it is two years in advance.

On that Serenade cruise in December, cabin 1100 suddenly became available about 4 months before the sailing Rose. :D And we snatched it. :)

Both 1100 and 1602 on Radiance class ships are corner aft Jr. Suites. They have huge balconies and that beautiful wake view. 9256 on that class is a D aft balcony cabin with a very large balcony that partly also wraps to the side so you get an amazing view.

had that booked before nice room. :):)

• 1 month later...

We just booked the March 28, 2016 on Seranade. I am very excited. I usually never book this far ahead but friends of our booked and we got such a great deal we could not pass it up.

I was going to book something for October 2015 but this is just a few months later and just what we wanted

Sounds crazy to me ---- but I just did it.. I have been searching the Serenade of the Seas 10 & 11 day itineraries for Spring 2016, and wanted cabin #1100. They appeared to be all gone, but one appeared today -- for March 28,2016 -- exactly two years form today...

Really wanted this cabin and would not have booked that far in advance if I could not get that cabin. 720 days and counting...

mac_tlc

I have 1100 on Brilliance for 5/18/15. I booked the first hour and 1100 and 1602 were already gone. I waitlisted 1100 and it opened up the next day.

Both 1100 and 1602 on Radiance class ships are corner aft Jr. Suites. They have huge balconies and that beautiful wake view. 9256 on that class is a D aft balcony cabin with a very large balcony that partly also wraps to the side so you get an amazing view.

1602 is not in the corner like 1100. 1600 is a GS that is in the starboard corner. 1602 sits right next to it.