Get me excited for the Pearl on friday!

lbt43

Just got back on 3/28 and had a blast! The buffet for breakfast and lunch was excellent with many choices in a "station" style set up. We preferred the Indigo dining room to the Summer Palace, quieter and service was a bit better, probably because it was smaller.

We enjoyed the pool band in the afternoon and there was live music throughout the evening all over the ship and there were shows every evening in the theatre.

We ate in La Cucina one night as it was part of a promotion we received when we booked and we enjoyed that very much as well.

You'll have a great time!

Edited by Swampbabe

Getting ready to go on the Pearl on Friday. What should I be excited about?

If nothing else: you will be cruising!!! That to me is worth getting excited about. if you intend on trying specialty dining rooms, give the Asian restaurant a shot. We always eat there our first night of cruising. Also the buffet for breakfast and lunch is great. I prefer it over the MDR: hubby and I disagree on this every time we sail...

Edited by newmexicoNita

Don't miss the crepes in the buffet. Very yummy.

We enjoyed all of the entertainment, especially the comedy by Second City. Even my grandson was laughing hysterically.

We also purchased the spa pass and it was worth every penny. The one thing that I splurged on was getting my hair done in the salon. I just didn't have time to get it done before the cruise. It was all fried out and really a mess. I booked a hair appointment for the next morning after we boarded and the stylist did just a good job I almost cried. The difference was like night and day. I'm usually very frugal and will spend money on everyone else except myself, but I ended up buying all the products they used on my hair. I'm getting low and will buy more product next month on the Getaway.

Two of my favorite places on The Pearl are:

(1) The Bridge Viewing Room all the way forward on Deck 11 You can see most of

the workings of the Bridge from there.

(2) Spinnaker Lounge all the way forward on Deck 13. A lot of activities take place

here.

Have fun She is a great ship and is served by a great staff.

I think the Pearl's spa is the best in the fleet.

We just decided to sail on the Pearl in Dec for the 21 day. I was looking at deck plans and it appeared the thermal spa was devided into male and female. Is there a unisex area for the thermal spa? DH and I enjoy using the thermal spas together and it seems a bot odd to me the way the deck plan shows it. I am hoping I am just mis-reading it.

Also how much for thermal spa passes on the dawn?

We just decided to sail on the Pearl in Dec for the 21 day. I was looking at deck plans and it appeared the thermal spa was devided into male and female. Is there a unisex area for the thermal spa? DH and I enjoy using the thermal spas together and it seems a bot odd to me the way the deck plan shows it. I am hoping I am just mis-reading it.

Also how much for thermal spa passes on the dawn?

They have changing areas that are divided for men and women (they also have a few chairs, sauna, steam room, and individual whirlpools in those room) but the main thermal spa area is unisex- it has the heated tile loungers (my favorite!) and hot tub, loungers, etc. super relaxing, my husband and I spent lots of time in there together.

They have changing areas that are divided for men and women (they also have a few chairs, sauna, steam room, and individual whirlpools in those room) but the main thermal spa area is unisex- it has the heated tile loungers (my favorite!) and hot tub, loungers, etc. super relaxing, my husband and I spent lots of time in there together.

Great Thanks :-) I was fairly certain of the answer but one must never assume, that leads to disapointment. Do you recall how much the spa pass is on the Pearl? The pictures of the thermal spa look wonderful. We will be on her for 3 weeks with several sea days so the spa will be a must do.:)

Don't miss Oh What A Night! Excellent Indian curry in the Garden Cafe. Be sure and have some kind of meal in the Great Outdoors, deck 12, aft. I love the game shows in the Spinnaker. Enjoy!

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

Thank you :) sounds like a lot of similar things as on the Jewel. One of the reasons we chose the Pearl is we love the Jewel Class of NCL ships. Is'nt the Indian section wonderful?!! We often eat lunch in the garden cafe and I go straight for the Indian. Excellent Dahls, tandori and curries. ..oh my, my mouth is watering:D

Great Thanks :-) I was fairly certain of the answer but one must never assume, that leads to disapointment. Do you recall how much the spa pass is on the Pearl? The pictures of the thermal spa look wonderful. We will be on her for 3 weeks with several sea days so the spa will be a must do.:)

We paid 149$ per person for a 7 day this past week. Pricy, but worth it in out opinion. The ship wasn't full and they never sold all of the passes so it wasn't busy

The price varies depending on the length of the cruise. I was on the Gem for 9 days in January and it was $189. Whatever the price it's totally worth it!

The price varies depending on the length of the cruise. I was on the Gem for 9 days in January and it was $189. Whatever the price it's totally worth it!

AGREED!!! :) I will have to see if I can find out how much it is for a 21 day cruise. It's a combo itinerary so they may say we have to get eat for each leg of the cruise. Which would be fine. Love spending sea days in the spa and heading there for an hour or so when we get back from an excursion before getting ready for dinner.