Price drop alert!

3 out of 4 cruises I have booked experienced small price drops today.... really small it would appear.... bizarre.

Linda

Thank-you Linda! One of ours went down too!

3 out of 4 cruises I have booked experienced small price drops today.... really small it would appear.... bizarre.

Linda

Hi Linda

Do you book through an American TA? If so, is it usually advantageous to do so?

Thanks

Gill:)

Just did a dummy booking on our Jewel cruise in July. On our cruise the price drop is just the new Spring Back From Cabin Fever sale. We have 2 interior cabins for the July 19th cruise. On the dummy booking today the rate per person is the same, one person gets the $50 reduction from the sale and the taxes and port fees increased $17 per person, so the net effect is $16 per cabin. :( I am going to wait to see if prices drop more before final payment, though I am not expecting one.

I checked my price drop and it turns out to have been due to an April promo, which surprisingly is not combinable with the balcony discount. So we were out of luck on this one. In other words, April Fool's on me.

Edited by clarea

I checked my price drop and it turns out to have been due to an April promo, which surprisingly is not combinable with the balcony discount. So we were out of luck on this one. In other words, April Fool's on me.

It's not nice of RCL to do that to you:D Welcome back!! Were you on the EN?

DO prices ever drop on Cruisetours? We booked one for next june and didn't know if it was a waste of time to keep checking.

No, cruisetours are not eligible for price drops since they are priced as one price (not separate for each portion). At least that's what I was told when I called last year when their was a drop on the cruise for our Alaskan cruisetour.

What's the April promo? I am C&A that lives in Florida and for the first time looking for last minute and solo booking. I am looking at potential Easter cruise. When I sign onto my RCCL account, I don't see any April promos or those quarterly deals.

It's not nice of RCL to do that to you:D Welcome back!! Were you on the EN?

Thanks Ellen, yes we were on EN for a week. Had a really nice time, and renewed some friendships with people we had cruised with before.

What's the April promo? I am C&A that lives in Florida and for the first time looking for last minute and solo booking. I am looking at potential Easter cruise. When I sign onto my RCCL account, I don't see any April promos or those quarterly deals.

I think this is the one that applied to our bookings:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?icid=prlsvn_tctclp_prl_hm_cntntr_3031&pagename=april_2014_savings_obc

Linda

Thank You Linda for the update. My Oasis cruise in August went down YAY!!!! none of my other cruise went down yet, but now that the 'Kids sail free" promo is over maybe soon. I'll be watching like a hawk.

So when I look at my nov 1 sailing, it appears to be adding a promo code of $150 (superior balcony cabin). Our current price is $889 a person. I can't tell if we are eligible for that $150 promo code?

november 1st superior balcony...can anyone help?

So when I look at my nov 1 sailing, it appears to be adding a promo code of $150 (superior balcony cabin). Our current price is $889 a person. I can't tell if we are eligible for that $150 promo code?

Sarah, it's a new promo going on right now. It's for new bookings from Apr 1-30 and it's for sailings Jun 1-Dec 31. If you want to apply, you'll have to cancel your current reservation and re-book with the new promo. My TA had to do that for my Oasis sailing this August. Just make sure your cruise fare hasn't gone up, it may not be worth it if your cruise fare has gone up too high.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

The terms say the cruise must be booked between April 1 and April 20, so I'm guessing you would have to cancel and rebook. Also, you would not be able to use a C&A balcony discount with the promo.

Okay gotcha....thanks to you both for clarifying. I'll leave it alone as I prefer not to cancel and rebook. It's an aft cabin and I don't want to take any chances. Thanks again!

Question- I booked a cruise for Oct.2014 on Enchantment. Took advantage of the 3rd and 4th sail free. Called RCCL and they said I would have to rebook to take advantage of todays price drop. So I just want to make sure this is correct. Because in years pass they would just do the price adjustment. Or are today's price drop in fact for new bookings?

Question- I booked a cruise for Oct.2014 on Enchantment. Took advantage of the 3rd and 4th sail free. Called RCCL and they said I would have to rebook to take advantage of todays price drop. So I just want to make sure this is correct. Because in years pass they would just do the price adjustment. Or are today's price drop in fact for new bookings?

What's going on today is a special promo, not really a price drop. Most of are having to re-book because this applies to bookings starting today.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The promo is for bookings made between April 1 and April 20.

I looked at our Thanksgiving sailing on Allure. I paid $3600 all in for 2 central park view adjoining rooms for 2 adults 2 children total. I was not able to get it any cheaper on the kids sail free even if I had agreed to all be in one interior room.

Today that exact trip with the exact level of rooms is 6,865.96.

Debbie

• 4 months later...
If anyone is interested in a transatlantic next month on the Legend, check the Z GTY rate!

And check it as a 'double', they have again closed the special rate to solo travelers. Two passengers for $900 less than one.

If want a solo, just book 2 and call them and remove the second passenger as they have a 200% policy, supposedly.