How do you pay for another cabin's shore excursion?

lbryant

3 generations sailing to Alaska on Golden Princess this June and the grandparents would like to pay for everyone to take an excursion. How do we set that up? I've had each cabin go into their personalizer to reserve the excursion and I assume the cost is added to your shipboard account once the cruise begins. Is there a way to pay for it in advance? Or can you buy room credit for someone's room?

Thanks for your help.

3 generations sailing to Alaska on Golden Princess this June and the grandparents would like to pay for everyone to take an excursion. How do we set that up? I've had each cabin go into their personalizer to reserve the excursion and I assume the cost is added to your shipboard account once the cruise begins. Is there a way to pay for it in advance? Or can you buy room credit for someone's room?

Thanks for your help.

The easiest way is to just visit the shore excursion desk onboard with the tickets in hand. They'll take care of it.

To ensure that the whole family is on the exact same tour / bus etc - best that it is booked via the grandparents cruise personaliser - i.e. if there are 9 of you - they should book 9 tickets and that will be charged to their account. If you book separately it may end up that you are all on the same tour, however in different subtours. Then cancel the ones on the individual accounts.

To guarantee everyone in your family ends up on the same group tour, have one person order the tickets on the Princess website for how many tickets you need. For most tours, you can order adult and/or child tickets.

On our last cruise, we reserved most tours online but waited to purchase another tour when we arrived on the ship. Unfortunately, the tickets for the tour we wanted were already sold out. If you need several tickets, order on the Princess website as soon as the tours become available.

To ensure that the whole family is on the exact same tour / bus etc - best that it is booked via the grandparents cruise personaliser - i.e. if there are 9 of you - they should book 9 tickets and that will be charged to their account.

I don't believe you can now book more tours than the number of cabin occupants. It could be done in the past, but last time we tried it was a no go.

Perhaps a TA could get around that restriction. Make a call to Princess if booked directly.

Lew

I don't believe you can now book more tours than the number of cabin occupants. It could be done in the past, but last time we tried it was a no go.

Perhaps a TA could get around that restriction. Make a call to Princess if booked directly.

Lew

Hi Lew. You are correct. I tried to book a tour for friends on the personalizer, but could only get the two for DW and me. My TA was able to book for the friends, and tied the tours together to get the same booking.

We'll know for sure if it worked in May, in Alaska.

Howard

That is correct. You can only make the reservations for those in your cabin. If you do not have a TA, call Princess, and they will make a notation on your tour bookings to link them. Then just visit excursions once on board to confirm you are in the same groups.

Enjoy

Plus many of the tours group passengers by the time they arrive at the meeting location so if you want a group together it is best to book what you want when you can so that it doesn't get booked up. When inboard check with passenger services on how the groups are divided (whether it be by ticket or by order of arrival) and payment details.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is there a way to pay for it in advance? Or can you buy room credit for someone's room?

Thanks for your help.

You can buy OBC for someone else. Just call Princess and give them the person's booking number and charge it to your credit card. I would also ask about linking the reservations.

Thanks for the info. My travel agent did not know how to sort this out. she said our room reservations are linked though. Each cabin has individually booked the tour thru the cruise personalizer, so in theory, we all have reservations for the same tour at the same time (it's the White Pass Rail excursion). I can try calling Princess to see if they will link our tour reservations to ensure we are in the same "group" and we will attempt to get to the meeting place together so we're in the same rail car.

Can we buy OBC for each cabin via calling Princess or do we have to wait until we're onboard?

This used to be easier...

Thanks for the info. My travel agent did not know how to sort this out. she said our room reservations are linked though. Each cabin has individually booked the tour thru the cruise personalizer, so in theory, we all have reservations for the same tour at the same time (it's the White Pass Rail excursion). I can try calling Princess to see if they will link our tour reservations to ensure we are in the same "group" and we will attempt to get to the meeting place together so we're in the same rail car.

Can we buy OBC for each cabin via calling Princess or do we have to wait until we're onboard?

Since your bookings are linked, you can plunk down OBC onto all the linked cabins. No problem.

As for "linking" the shore excursions, I don't think that's possible. If you're all going on the same tour at the same time, you won't have a problem.

It still is easy.

a) As an earlier post suggested, once onboard go to the shore exciursion desk and have them move the charge for all the excursions to your account. No need to bring all the tickets, just know their cabin numbers.

b) For any excursion at the same time with multiple busses, railcars, etc., you need to go to the meeting place as a group and you will then be given stickers to be on the same bus. I do not know for the White Pass excursion if you are asisgned at that meeting time to a specific car or if you just need to stay together when getting on the train.

c) No need to try to put OBC on their onboard accounts, just do as suggested in (a) and have any charges moved to your account. (But if you do want to go to the trouble of going the OBC route, just call Princess with credit card in hand and know their booking numbers.

It still is easy.

a) As an earlier post suggested, once onboard go to the shore exciursion desk and have them move the charge for all the excursions to your account. No need to bring all the tickets, just know their cabin numbers.

b) For any excursion at the same time with multiple busses, railcars, etc., you need to go to the meeting place as a group and you will then be given stickers to be on the same bus. I do not know for the White Pass excursion if you are asisgned at that meeting time to a specific car or if you just need to stay together when getting on the train.

c) No need to try to put OBC on their onboard accounts, just do as suggested in (a) and have any charges moved to your account. (But if you do want to go to the trouble of going the OBC route, just call Princess with credit card in hand and know their booking numbers.

Or give them cash.:p