Pride

drkleen

Freeport is a terrible port in my opinion. So, I would be happy, happy, happy to get an OBC!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Totally agree! Been there twice and will stay on the ship next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off The Pride last Sun. We did have close to a two hour power failure on our first sea day. Better get it fixed before something worse happens.

And we haven't got off the ship at Freeport the last three times there

Carnival is pushing it with the pride. This ship was originally scheduled for dry dock in feb. 2014, but Carnival delayed that when they decided to move the ship from Baltimore to tampa. Last week they only had a two hour issue with the system, but what happens if the system fails for a longer period. This could be a big problem for Carnival if something happens with the pride and they could have fixed the issue with the regular dry dock schedule, but made a decision to push the envelope and wait until the ship leaves Baltimore 6months from now

Wow ! I just saw Pride isn't going to Freeport on Sundays sailing from Baltimore ! I'm booked for the 5/11 cruise anyone have any ideas why they aren't going to Freeport ??? Carnival isn't telling much any info would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why are they able to go to Port Canaveral and Nassau but have to skip Freeport? Is it harder to navigate in that port vs. the other two?

Of the 3 ports, if I had to skip one, Freeport would be it. But that means a 7 day cruise with only 2 ports.

We are on the 4/13 sailing too. Not at all bothered by missing Freeport but if the weather keeps us from tendering at HMC we (and just about everyone on he ship) will be upset for sure. That would make it a 7 day cruise with one stop (Grand Turk).

Hoping for the best and will enjoy the ship no matter what happens!

Why are they able to go to Port Canaveral and Nassau but have to skip Freeport? Is it harder to navigate in that port vs. the other two?

Of the 3 ports, if I had to skip one, Freeport would be it. But that means a 7 day cruise with only 2 ports.

mere08,

Freeport is perhaps the easiest to navigate of all of Pride's ports, but being the last stop it's being skipped to allow time for the ship to get back to Baltimore on time. The azipod issue causes slowed propulsion and only minimal affect on navigation.

we're going the 20th with a 2 and 4 year old and we need to be off that boat as much as possible. I hope they fix this.

Megann831,

Getting off and back on in ports is normally the toughest part of a cruise for 2 and 4 year olds. Do yours do better on land or ?

The downside for many Pride passengers will be that they don't get the ship to themselves in Freeport since everyone will be staying on board. :p

One thing we call look forward to over the next couple of sailings is she should be back in port on time vs late.......

i will be on the 4/13 cruise on the pride. i got real nervous when i saw the email stating itinerary change until i saw the skipped port was freeport. then i was relieved because if it was Turks and Caicos or half moon cay i would have been upset. i have been to freeport 3 times and the last time i didn't get off the boat. so no big deal and with the obc i am happy.

Freeport is a terrible port in my opinion. So, I would be happy, happy, happy to get an OBC!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I disagree. The south east beaches are some of the nicest in that part of the area. Google Gold Rock in the Lucayan National Park, and you will be amazed.

Don't venture away from the docks, and I could see why some could be disapointed.

Freeport's not that bad in my opinion. I can do much worse than a whole morning sitting in Billy Joe's Conch Man downing beer and having cracked conch while listening to the sound of the rolling waves.

this is the kids' 1st cruise so maybe I'm wrong, I just assume it will be nice to get off the boat and run around a bit.

Those babies will definitely want to get off the ship almost as much as Mom and Dad! ;)

Someone else posted that the ship was stopping in South Carolina since it is skipping Freeport but I've not seen anyone else mention it.

this is the kids' 1st cruise so maybe I'm wrong, I just assume it will be nice to get off the boat and run around a bit.

megann831,

Your 4 year old may be so enthralled with Camp Carnival that they won't want to get off. :) That age seems to be one of the most satisfied groups on the ship. Your two year old.....yeah that can go a dozen ways depending on what type of two year old they are at the time. :p You might want to get off the ship to be able to run from them.

Be sure and watch the four year old's reaction when they first get on the ship; that moment is priceless! After Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay they would be in a different element at Freeport anyhow; totally different environment than the other two ports.

Someone else posted that the ship was stopping in South Carolina since it is skipping Freeport but I've not seen anyone else mention it.

I can recall past incidents where ships rerouted to Charleston for repairs, but those were different issues than Pride is experiencing. Freeport would be better suited for the repair than any other port in the Caribbean, but space there is at a premium and must be reserved well in advance.

Those babies will definitely want to get off the ship almost as much as Mom and Dad! ;)

The 4/6/14 cruise swaps Freeport with Charleston.