796 platinum guests!

tree.critter

Boarding the Dream today for her repositioning cruise. Guests received letters that we would be boarding at the old terminal #10 instead of 6 yesterday and asking for a later arrival. Doesn't look like many stayed away.

Not enough chairs to hold everyone inside so some even had to wait outside. The cameras weren't working when we checked in so security had to take a lot of photos as we first dinged in.

I went to GS desk to confirm my OBC amount and acknowledged that they were slammed with priority guests. 796 Platinums, didn't ask about the diamonds but saw about a dozen of them so far. My room was ready for me, I saw some room stewards really scrambling around the ship.

The mood is generally great and I'm getting ready to sign off for awhile, I'm on a cruise!!

Boarding the Dream today for her repositioning cruise. Guests received letters that we would be boarding at the old terminal #10 instead of 6 yesterday and asking for a later arrival. Doesn't look like many stayed away.

Not enough chairs to hold everyone inside so some even had to wait outside. The cameras weren't working when we checked in so security had to take a lot of photos as we first dinged in.

I went to GS desk to confirm my OBC amount and acknowledged that they were slammed with priority guests. 796 Platinums, didn't ask about the diamonds but saw about a dozen of them so far. My room was ready for me, I saw some room stewards really scrambling around the ship.

The mood is generally great and I'm getting ready to sign off for awhile, I'm on a cruise!!

Were some of them FTTF? I am sure guest services would class FTTF as Platinum?

That's actually not unusual.

The Breeze did it the same way in October, as did the Liberty in 2012.

I wonder if Carnival does this on their larger ships (over 100,000 tons?)

more than we know..? :confused:

Edited by Aplmac