flying into Fll, cruising from miami...

cruzn buckeye

We are doing the same in a few weeks.....FLL Airport hotel, RIDESAS to Port of Miami....$15 pp......I am a little concerned about being on shuttle going from hotel to hotel.....don't really want to be on the shuttle for 2 hours!! But have always heard good things about SAS....Looked in to a limo or taxi...minimum of $90.....

End of the cruise we are renting a car for 1 day from Alamo...free shuttle from POM to MIA Alamo terminal....returning the car at FLL.....

We are doing the same in a few weeks.....FLL Airport hotel, RIDESAS to Port of Miami....$15 pp......I am a little concerned about being on shuttle going from hotel to hotel.....don't really want to be on the shuttle for 2 hours!! But have always heard good things about SAS....Looked in to a limo or taxi...minimum of $90.....

End of the cruise we are renting a car for 1 day from Alamo...free shuttle from POM to MIA Alamo terminal....returning the car at FLL.....

There is no way you will be on the shuttle for 2 hours. Shuttle doesnt hold that many people for that to happen.

Bill

There is no way you will be on the shuttle for 2 hours. Shuttle doesnt hold that many people for that to happen.

Bill

Thanks I appreciate it......we did take a hotel shuttle from Laquinta,Hollywood to Port Everglades stopped at 5 ships before ours.....trip was about 4 miles, it took approx. hour and 15 minutes........of course we were the last stop, just bad luck.

There are definitely not any FLL hotels that have free shuttles to POM. I don't think are even any Miami hotels that have free shuttles to POM.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are hotels in Miami that do...I think it was LaQuinta at the airport that we stayed at for our first cruise that offered free shuttle service. Of course, that was in 2007, so it could have changed by now, but there are likely others that do as well.

We flew in to FLL for our cruise out of POM in February. We actually rented a car through Thrifty in FLL with drop off at MIA. Thrifty has a free shuttle that can get you to the port. It was inexpensive to do this, plus it gives you a rental car in the FLL area if you wanted to go to restaurants, shopping, and/or the beach or other attractions during your short time in FLL.

Take s cab you will be fine.

Cab will be costly from FLL to POM.

We have used SAS.

Depending on the amount of people in your party would determine my mode of transport.

2 or 3 shuttle is fine. If more than that, than yes, a cab would work or even a rental car dropping one way-which is something we have done as well.

SAS was however, the simplest and fastest way. Our hotel filled the SAS shuttle so we didn't have to make other stops.

We have used SAS and they were wonderful - $15 per person but don't think they do just a pick up for 2 anymore but not sure?? I have never taken a cab from FLL to the POM but know that a cab from South Beach to FLL airport is about $80-$85 one way. I believe there is a budget hotel in FLL that does offer transportation to the POM - think it is a Ramada - I worked with a gal year ago that stayed there - nothing fancy and the outside area and restaurant were pretty good - Hotel Intercontinental in Miami is gorgeous and just depends on your budget, etc

You would have to uses shuttle service if you decide to stay in Fort Lauderdale. From FLL to POM it's about 30 minutes on a good day without traffic and 45 minutes on a regular. There are plenty great hotels near Miami though. Plus if you stay close to downtown you can use the free metro mover. It does a loop around the city and Brickell. Easy to get around to various restaurants, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

we are flying into FLL and cruising from Miami in May as well. We are renting a car from FLL and returning it to MIA(airport). We booked the car rental via Costco Travel and chose Alamo and they supposedly offer a free shuttle from MIA to the cruise port.

This is what we did as well. This way we could also do a wine and soda stop on the way! :)

We cruised out of Mia in Feb on the Glory. Flew into Fll from Buffalo. We used SAS shuttle $15 pp and tip from airport to Holiday Inn Port of Mia. Then back to Fll airport on return . The hotel has a shuttle for $8 pp to terminal . We took a taxi for $10 and tip much faster, there were 4 of us. Enjoy your cruise.

kruise runner:cool:

Hotels in fll may not go to Miami dock.. but hotels in Miami often go to to fll airport. I'll be flying into fll and staying in miami. So ill have hotel pickup at fll and free shuttle to the dock. I'll just have to take a cab to the airport after

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

We cruised out of Mia in Feb on the Glory. Flew into Fll from Buffalo. We used SAS shuttle $15 pp and tip from airport to Holiday Inn Port of Mia. Then back to Fll airport on return . The hotel has a shuttle for $8 pp to terminal . We took a taxi for $10 and tip much faster, there were 4 of us. Enjoy your cruise.

kruise runner:cool:

Hello, Hubby and I are planning a cruise on the Breeze and want to fly into FLL. Did you find a direct flight from Buffalo because when I do a search I can't find one? Thanks

Hotels in fll may not go to Miami dock.. but hotels in Miami often go to to fll airport. I'll be flying into fll and staying in miami. So ill have hotel pickup at fll and free shuttle to the dock. I'll just have to take a cab to the airport after

What hotel are you staying at in Miami that will pick up in Fll?

Bill

Hampton Inn blue lagoon. I booked my hotel with IIT there were a few places I could book with free transport tickets from fll. I don't know if the hotel is running the shuttle or another company. I know I have to call for pickup though.

Edited by pbsteve

we are flying into FLL and cruising from Miami in May as well. We are renting a car from FLL and returning it to MIA(airport). We booked the car rental via Costco Travel and chose Alamo and they supposedly offer a free shuttle from MIA to the cruise port.

We do this very thing. We bid on cars thru the "big" bidding company. Very cheap AND all car rental companies will shuttle you to the port free. And you'll also have a car to get around on your arrival day. Then we do the reverse after debarkation. Free shuttles from ship to rental office. By the way Miami is like FLL in that all rental companies are in one building.

Can you tell me how you liked the Inter Continental? Nice?

Location looks convenient to Bayside, and since we'll be there on the 4th of July, I'm thinking we should see fireworks, SOMEWHERE.

Thanks!!!!!!:D

I was very curious too! Staying there in 2 weeks and going onthe Breeze as well...The hotel looks GORGEOUS!

Hampton Inn blue lagoon. I booked my hotel with IIT there were a few places I could book with free transport tickets from fll. I don't know if the hotel is running the shuttle or another company. I know I have to call for pickup though.

Thanks for the info. Good info to have

Bill

We just finished our Breeze cruise. We had a direct flight from Buffalo to FLL, the day before. Stayed at the Rodeway Inn Airport/cruise port hotel on State rd 84. The hotel had a free shuttle pick up from the airport. They have a shuttle to port of Miami for $30. per person, however we used ridesas dot com. It was $15.00 per person. They don't start picking up until 11:00 am. They will then take you to the airport after the cruise, again $15.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

I agree. We had a 11:45 am flight from fll (this past april from the breeze)and made it to the airport in plenty of time

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk

Edited by jolyroger

which hotel are you staying in? We are also flying into FLL but want to stay in Miami,near the port. There are 6 of us and guess a cab will be cheapest from FLL to hotel in Miami?

If you can fit 6 plus bags into a van-taxi that might be your cheapest option -- about $80+ on the meter from FLL to downtown Miami hotels (about a 40 minute drive). Compare the fare for cab(s) to shared shuttles from Go Airport, SAS, QLS and others.

You might consider staying near FLL (lots of hotels offer free FLL airport shuttles) and then taking a shuttle straight to POM the next day, saving you the cost of taxi(s) from your Miami hotel to POM.