Suggestions Please

Carob Tree

Good Afternoon:

As this is my very first thread, I hope that I am doing it correctly.

We received a brochure from Princess that had a very good itinerary. How would you rate a suite on Princess to a Neptune suite on Holland America?

Are the amenities similar? But, most important would we be just as "happy" on Princess as Holland America.

In checking out Princess, we did find out we are Platinum members and on Holland we are five star mariners.

Thank you.

I've had a Neptune suite and many Princess suites (Vista, Penthouse, Grand, etc.).

The things I liked about HAL's suites are:

Neptune Lounge

Extra shower in the bathroom

Nice, wide cabin whereas Princess' suites are more compartimentalized (sp?)

Heavenly, fabulous beds!

The things I prefer about Princess' suites are:

Inside appointments just seem nicer - wood touches, extra lighting, silver-trimmed bathrooms with teak - it all makes it feel a little more upscale

Two sliding glass doors

Two TVs (can't remember if we had 2 with HAL)

Granite entryways

Overall atmosphere

You can't go wrong with either one. If you have done that many cruises with HAL, it might be hard to go to another cruise line unless you go with a very open mind. Some things will be better (more friendly service especially in the Horizon Court) and some things may not be quite as good. I think it's worth a try.

In checking out Princess, we did find out we are Platinum members and on Holland we are five star mariners.

Thank you.

Not sure how you could achieve Platinum level on Princess without ever sailing no matter what level you are on HAL. The two loyalty programs are separate. You will have a Princess Captain's Circle #. Unless I'm missing something.

Pam, maybe OP was referring to the fact that booking a suite will earn them 2 cruise credits, but still doesn't come close to earning them platinum status...

To the OP, you'll need five cruise credits in order to reach platinum status or 50 days... You can start enjoying platinum status on your sixth cruise. If you sail exclusively in suites, you'll just need 2 more cruises!

Do you know what ship you are looking at? The new ship (royal Princess) suites were more comfortable for us than a Eurodam suite (except the balcony, it's small and narrow.) HAL had loungers and tables with chairs on their balcony, which was nice but the room wasn't as nice IMO. Royals water pressure in the shower was some of the best at sea. The bathroom is split, which gives a lot of flexibility.The concierge lounges are compatible on both lines.

I find the MDR and buffet on princess to be superior to HAL. Princess seems to have more of a mix of passengers. HAL is a bit more sedate. Both specialty restaurants are on par. I found service to be equally good.

Given a choice, I would choose princess over HAL. I think it's a better product. It never hurts to try another line so if you like the itinerary: why not? Good luck!

Good Afternoon:

As this is my very first thread, I hope that I am doing it correctly.

We received a brochure from Princess that had a very good itinerary. How would you rate a suite on Princess to a Neptune suite on Holland America?

Are the amenities similar? But, most important would we be just as "happy" on Princess as Holland America.

Thank you.

gravelforlawn, welcome to CC. We also have rocks for a yard and live in SCW.:D

I can not compare HAL and Princess suites (only have been in Princess Suites), but the amenities are great:

Room service from MDR and I did have a Pub Day meal delivered to the cabin.

Breakfast at Sabatini's

Complimentary mini-bar

Complimentary specialty dinner on embarkation day

Beautiful bathroom with separate jacuzzi and shower stall

Priority tendering

I am sure others will add to this list.