My epic Allure/Florida vacation review! (6 months late)

This is probably the best review I've read on here to date because you did what we always do and that is spend some time in Orlando before going on the cruise. You went to all the places we go to (in Orlando) so it was nice to see your pictures! Makes me wish August would hurry up so I can go on my holiday!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanx for the review and pics...We get to sail on the Allure in a MERE 203 days....Showed the wife the pics and now we will prolly be doing the horsebacking in Jamaica..Looks fun

I have wanted to do that too, just not done it. Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for your review...it got me thinking of taking my DD 10 and 7 to universal to see hogworth and diagon alley. Do you think 2 days would be enough? or one day?

Also how long did it take for you to drive to fll? And did you buy the addition car insurance??? Thanks again for such a great review. ..

Thanks so much for your review. We will be on the Oasis of The Seas May 24th Western Caribbean and my 18 year old grandson is signed up for the Horseback Ride n Swim. I really enjoyed your pictures and commentary of this excursion as it has been very difficult finding 1st hand information on it. Also, thanks for telling what the pictures cost as now I know how much money to give him.

Thanks for your review...it got me thinking of taking my DD 10 and 7 to universal to see hogworth and diagon alley. Do you think 2 days would be enough? or one day?

Also how long did it take for you to drive to fll? And did you buy the addition car insurance??? Thanks again for such a great review. ..

I just noticed they opened Diagon Alley over on the Universal Studios side (I'm not telling my husband yet, he'll make me get on a plane again). I think both sides of Universal are doable in one day and you'll need the park hopper anyway if you want to ride the train apparently. If you plan to do a lot of the other rides either get their express pass to skip the lines or use the single rider lines.

We did not buy the additional car insurance. I had trip cancellation/interruption insurance through BCAA (for how much I spent I did not want a hurricane to get in our way) and made sure to use a credit card that had some kind of rental car coverage.

The drive took about 3 hours.

Edited by Kesstral

Thanks so much for your review. We will be on the Oasis of The Seas May 24th Western Caribbean and my 18 year old grandson is signed up for the Horseback Ride n Swim. I really enjoyed your pictures and commentary of this excursion as it has been very difficult finding 1st hand information on it. Also, thanks for telling what the pictures cost as now I know how much money to give him.

I hope your grandson has a great time and glad my information was helpful. I had a hard time finding a lot of reviews of the tour (both good and bad) but I took a chance because my husband loves animals and it looked like a neat experience.

Great review!

We actually stumbled on the Food & Wine Festival in its second year when it was much smaller and very inexpensive. You could actually buy a glass of wine in France for a dollar! This was around 1997.

Wow that would have been nice. We used 2 different credit cards and cash for our purchases so I'm not really sure what we spent (and ok leaving it like that). I think most of the booths had some items for $5 or less. We did splurge on the Scotland booth and my husband got a 12, 15 and 18 year old scotch sample for $15. It was his treat :)