Cabins by elevators

HMSDingy

When I booked our cabin for our Caribbean cruise in June, I was asked if I minded a cabin next to the elevators on the Riviera deck. I don't see the problem with this location. Am I missing something? BTW we're sailing on the Caribbean Princess.

When I booked our cabin for our Caribbean cruise in June, I was asked if I minded a cabin next to the elevators on the Riviera deck. I don't see the problem with this location. Am I missing something? BTW we're sailing on the Caribbean Princess.

As long as your cabin does not share a wall with an elevator shaft you will be fine.

Princess cabins are very soundproof. Even across from the lobby area. ;)

We had a cabin that was right across from an elevator "lobby" - the area between the elevators. Through the closed door you could faintly hear the ding of the elevator arriving. But the worst part was the people talking loudly as they went by the door. Luckily at night there was very little traffic and we slept soundly. Naps were hit or miss.

As long as you are not in cabins R711 or R712 you should be ok. Outside cabins by the elevator are not a problem.

I've generally looked for cabins by/near the elevators and I've never had a problem with noise. To me, what little bit there may be is more than made up by the convenience of the locale.

Have a blast cruising on the Caribbean Princess! :D We were in R415 on the Riviera deck last fall and never noticed the elevators at all! :)