Favorite Piece of Travel Clothing and Why

Lwilli34

Then you're not looking in the right place;) Several brands make UPF & wicking convertible pants, including North Face, Columbia, Royal Robbins, Grammici, etc. Look at REI. Look at sierratradingpost.com. Look at campmor.com.

Look at the thrift stores ;-)

My husband and I have both owned many pairs over the years, and these are the places I've bought them.

My current ones are the REI ones. I had to ship them to a friend in the US who then sent them on to Australia as REI don't ship to Australia. :(

The REI ones are the best I've ever had. Supercomfortable and they have a really secure zip pocket inside one of the side pockets. I've worn them in quite cool temps - a cold windy rainy day on the coast of Northern Ireland - and in searing temps in India.

I've tried Columbia and they were quite good too, plus I've also tried local Australian brands.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

In 1980 (yes, 1980!) I bought a navy IZOD windbreaker that falls just above the knee. I don't even remember why I bought it but it has gone on every trip I have ever taken since then.

It has seen the chilly days of Alaska and layering clothes to the unexpected rainstorms in the Caribbean when it's 90 degrees, not to mention all the flights it's been on. I throw it in my bag when I go to NYC and even keep it in my car at home. I just wore it the other day to run to the market.

It is so light and form fitting and never loses it's style. I can fold it up to fit in the palm of my hand and it's never wrinkled. The zipper and elastic cuffs are as good now as they were then and I do use it a lot!

Best part...I paid $10 at the IZOD outlet back in 1980!

My sea green linen pants. You can wear them casually or dress them up. And I can wear a black, white, brown, or tan shirt with them. Plus they are beyond super comfy! Feels like I am just hanging out in my chonies. :p

• 3 weeks later...

I have an open front black chiffon jacket. Long sleeves, and it drapes very nicely from the collar. It weighs about 4 oz, and I can wear it with literally anything. I put it with blingy tops and it's very dressy for formal night. I put it with a casual top, and it's good for the dining room.

I love it so much, that I have a little collection of chiffon jackets: purple, black/white, and my black one. I'm packing about 3/4 lb and have jackets for just about anything. I take the purple one, which is more casual, on planes with me for a little extra cover.

No wrinkles ever with any of them, even the purple one stuffed in my purse on the plane!

Edited by pcur

I bought a couple of Tiana B dresses from HSN a couple of years ago. They pack SO well and i've worn them on two cruises and other vacations, even work. LOVE them! Roll them up or throw them in the suitcase and they still look perfect.

There is nothing more comfortable for airplane travel than my yoga pants. I keep a pair just for flying. They have little pockets.

I'm a frequent traveler to the bathroom on planes and I really appreciate a pull-on pant on those occasions. :o

For cruises, it's my black, silky jersey pallazzo pants. Different tops make the outfits.

I loved wearing in the Med was like this but in a medium blue- Calvin Klein

I put a very light weight ls black knit sweater (another favorite) in my bag and toss it on when going into churches...I also loved a short version in a solid color...wan't sure the length was ok for the Vatican- so I had an ultralight scargf in my bag...but not needed....

Both versions of the CK sundresses are coming with me to Hot lanta and to the Carib on my cruise this summer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CALVIN-KLEIN-BLACK-WHITE-SUMMER-maxi-DRESS-6-/390852996109?pt=US_CSA_WC_Dresses&hash=item5b00a76c0d

When we arrived in Switzerland from Barcelona...I was so tired, my dress got caught in the escalator...luckily I wasn't hurt, and now I have a shorter version of the dress....and thanks to ebay was able to replace the maxi... I always check out the maxis in TJ Maxx and Marshalls...Bernadette

• 2 weeks later...
In 1980 (yes, 1980!) I bought a navy IZOD windbreaker that falls just above the knee. I don't even remember why I bought it but it has gone on every trip I have ever taken since then.

It has seen the chilly days of Alaska and layering clothes to the unexpected rainstorms in the Caribbean when it's 90 degrees, not to mention all the flights it's been on. I throw it in my bag when I go to NYC and even keep it in my car at home. I just wore it the other day to run to the market.

It is so light and form fitting and never loses it's style. I can fold it up to fit in the palm of my hand and it's never wrinkled. The zipper and elastic cuffs are as good now as they were then and I do use it a lot!

Best part...I paid $10 at the IZOD outlet back in 1980!

So funny that I posted this before I knew I was doing another cruise so soon.

Once again, the jacket came in handy. Docked in NY last week and it was cool and rainy. The limo driver was stuck in traffic and had to wait for pick up.

Still the best $10 I ever spent...34 years and counting!

My off-white Pashmina. It keeps me warm on chilly planes and cold restaurants and in off-white it works for any season and any dress. It goes with me whenever I travel.

I'm a pashmina fan too,I have three ,cream,cobalt blue and magenta... they are so versatile you can wear them with a casual outfit or formal..My favourite dresses to travel with are Phase Eight, absolutely gorgeous, very flattering and always arrive wrinkle-free.A travelling girls dream !!!

Lisa,

What a cute dress! Like!:D

Sqttami,

Isn't it fun when you get a bargain like that and you end up getting so much use out of it?:D I have a pair of shoes that I got on sale and I've worn them on special occasions for years and years. It's a black pair of low heels (about 2 1/2"/3"). It has pointed toe and t-strap. All along the t-strip there are this white, plastic beads. They look like half a ball. It's hard to explain but they are so funky and I just love them. I don't wear heels very often but when I do wear these it never fails that people will compliment them and ask where I got them. I'm taking them on my upcoming 3-day Mexican cruise.:D