Shyhova Sails Again! Carnival Victory Photo Review( Jamaica & Grand Cayman) Apr 2014

Shyhova

Great review. Going to show the bf, I've been trying to tell him for years he is missing out! Maybe it will give him a different perspective on it! Thx:)

You sound like my GF before my first cruise. Definitely show him...I was hooked after my first cruise.

We got dressed and ready togo find some breakfast. It was around 1030 at this point and we wanted to head to port at around 1130...

We headed through the double doors and couldnt decide where to get breakfast.....being that it was 236 RESTAURANTS and all were serving breakfast:rolleyes:....

We ended up at a steakhouse...

IMAG0779_zpsb646d27b.jpg

It was a nice little place....but upon looking at the menu the GF goes " Hmm...I see home fries...thats good...But I'd bet you a grand they dont have turkey products....and I WOULDDD get some FRUIT BUTTTT...."

" I'll just wait and get me a muffin or something at Starbucks"

So I ordered alone and she ate some of my home fries...

IMAG0782_zpsb3ae4b73.jpg

IMAG0784_zps45ac14a0.jpg

Lemme just stop right here....These home fries...I'm trying to think of just something to compare them to...Little crispety crunchety, pillowy on the inside.....dream nuggets....Dang those things were good....If you end up staying at the DOubletree or Marriot on Biscayne Bay...goto the steak house for breakfast and try these!!!

A little info Drop for those who may want to know...

We flew out of Raleigh to Miami on American for $242 round trip....We caught a cab from the Airport to the hotel for $22 plus tip....And we caught a cab to the port from the hotel for like $7 ( its basically around corner)...I think all of that was VERY affordable...If we rented a car and drove..plus the gas...it would have been that or more so.....There ya go:)

After breakfast it was time to catch the cab to the port...I was ready to see some whale tail!!!

Bwahahaha.. loving this review so far. Sailing Victory in September....can't wait for the rest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-S5 using Forums mobile app

Thanks!!...You will like her...She was a good ship for the most part.

Shyhova you're hilarious!! I went back and read your first review and really enjoyed it......so keep it coming with this one!

maureencruiser-thanks for posting how to subscribe because I had no idea how to do it:D

Edited by cuteflyygirl

love, love, love your review. Already a fangirl from the last review............subscribed.....keep it coming ShyHova!

Thank You!!....coming right up...

I just read your first cruise review. Youre hilarious. I'm taking a group on Victory so looking forward to your tidbits.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-S5 using Forums mobile app

Thank You...about to post some more in a min...

20140405_121328_zpse694f780.jpg

The port of Miami and the port @ Charleston are night and day...Miami feels like an airport...but I give them credit...it is organized and nice. The Victory was really at full capacity though, so it was thousands of people going through the lines....I tried to sneak pictures but the port authority wasn't having it...

After about an hour we were finally making our way up the escalators, pass the photogs and up the gangway....I was so ready to hear that *ding*

IMAG0796_zps013e0b3b.jpg

20140405_130400_zps94a98074.jpg

IMAG0799_zpsaf39bbfc.jpg

IMAG0801_zpsb5ff6d47.jpg

IMAG0802_zps68b3d742.jpg

*DIng!*

What a fun trip report!!! I am cracking up laughing, and DH wondering what in the world has me laughing so much. Great job!!

Btw... We gave good friends in Leland.

Really?....I used to work in Leland and my best friend stays in Leland:)

I know by now you have all seen the décor on The Victory with all the green....I wont post much of the décor because I'm sure you have seen your share....But I kind of liked it idk...

IMAG0804_zpsb98e9c5b.jpg

We had an Oceanview on the main deck...We were REALLY debating the balcony upgrade, but in the end we just stuck with the OV....

IMAG0809_zps588836b4.jpg

I posted this picture because I know Exactly what was being said as we took the elevator down to our level to see if our room was ready...It was almost 1pm and I was sure that it was....As we got out the elevator she says" Would you put that phone down and help me find the room??!?" So that's why I have a picture of the wall LMBO....Fellas..when the wife says put the phone down...you put the phone DOWN...

IMAG0813_zpscbbd8679.jpg

20140405_130908_zpsa60e273c.jpg

IMAG0814_zps19ccdc7c.jpg

20140405_131113_zps47ddaf11.jpg

IMAG0815_zps046b7f91.jpg

20140405_131201_zpsa411554a.jpg

We put our bags down and headed up Lido to grab something to eat...

IMAG0821_zps5ee9eb5f.jpg

Man...somebody let me know if I am tripping or not...Is it just me or is the cheese sauce CRAZY watered down now? That picture of me on the plane knocked out on pg.1??....Yea..I was dreaming about the cheese sauce lol...I was so happy when I saw it I couldn't keep still in the buffet line as I crept towards it....I mean...I'm THAT guy....yea...the guy in front of you just ladling and ladling and ladling cheese sauce into a bowl until you get super frustrated and say " Sir...I'm just trying to get a chicken finger and get back to my son at the pool...Can you pleeease hurry up, or better yet just pick the whole damn pan up and take it to your table with you?"......Yea...I'm THAT GUY....So It hurt me deep down in my heart that Carnival is now serving CHEESE WATER:(....

Ok...I'm off the horse now...LoL.....On we Go.....

As I ate my Cheese Water fries, we flagged down a waiter for this....

IMAG0822_zpsde6229de.jpg

I left my dang cup on the ship too....That sucks...As I didn't get one on the first cruise...

20140405_133105_zps389defd3.jpg

Hey CruiseCritic!!!....Its your boy Shyhova back again.

IMAG0795_zps6c80538c.jpg

WHoaaaa....That was waaaaay too much Sexy for Cruise Critic....I may have to dial that back!!! I apologize...:p

This had to be the funniest line ever! Too cute. You do know you are a nut, right?? Love it.

I figured you knew about Leland. We love going down every year.

Man...somebody let me know if I am tripping or not...Is it just me or is the cheese sauce CRAZY watered down now? That picture of me on the plane knocked out on pg.1??....Yea..I was dreaming about the cheese sauce lol...I was so happy when I saw it I couldn't keep still in the buffet line as I crept towards it....I mean...I'm THAT guy....yea...the guy in front of you just ladling and ladling and ladling cheese sauce into a bowl until you get super frustrated and say " Sir...I'm just trying to get a chicken finger and get back to my son at the pool...Can you pleeease hurry up, or better yet just pick the whole damn pan up and take it to your table with you?"......Yea...I'm THAT GUY....So It hurt me deep down in my heart that Carnival is now serving CHEESE WATER:(....

Ok...I'm off the horse now...LoL.....On we Go.....

As I ate my Cheese Water fries, we flagged down a waiter for this....

I actually tried the cheese sauce on my trip in January cause I had never had it. I read your last review and had to try it. It was disappointing to me too. I was wondering what all your hype was about, so I'm glad to see it wasn't just me that thought it tasted gross. lol It barely coated the fries and was really thin. It barley even tasted like cheese...... :/

YES!! I have been waiting for a review of this itinerary from someone that has been there recently. Great writing!!

Well, you get two for one then. You get a review of the itinerary from the BEST REVIEWER EVER!

Sorry to sound so gushy, but it's true. Shyhova has established a reputation after only one cruise and one review. We are all in for a treat!

Happy sails, and thanks, Shyhova.:)

Kathy