Shyhova Sails Again! Carnival Victory Photo Review( Jamaica & Grand Cayman) Apr 2014

Shyhova

IMG_0087_zpsfd1378fa.jpg

I think this is one of the walkways where you can get off, it goes so close over the falls at this point that you have to almost crawl underneath...

IMG_0090_zpsfa1fe5d8.jpg

IMG_0091_zps145f3025.jpg

So I'd say we about 600 feet or so up...You are always helping someone or being helped by someone up a big rock or something so it's a good workout....The guy behind me and his wife are constantly stepping into a deep hole or something and needing to be helped out lol....

It was fun, because the water feels GREAT.....The guide is constantly putting the camera in your face and saying " Gimme a Yea Mon!"

THe four of us were kind of lagging behind the group....stopping to take selfies and stuff lol...When we got to a pretty rocky, steep stretch of rocks that you are pretty much not going to navigate by yourself....

I'm reaching down helping my man and his wife up a rock when all of a sudden we see a blue and yellow BLUR flying up the rocks....

I said " Babe, you see that Jamaican rock monkey?"

Man, those guides are BAD...I know they climb the falls all day everyday, but I gotta give them credit....they FLYYYY up them rocks....no shoes....no nothing.....boing! boing! boing!....

Here you are....panting...slipping....stepping into holes...on your knees trying to find footing....and these dudes...Usain Bolts cousins....FLYINGGGG up the rocks " Cmon Mon follow meeeee...boing! boing! boing!

I looked at my man and he looks at me and goes " Where the hell is Leroy?!?"

LOL....ahh....I Loved Jamaica:D

IMG_0098_zps7929f8d6.jpg

"Babe...lemme get you in a "action" shot"

THis is what I got....

IMG_0099_zpsc4a692eb.jpg

I'm not a swimmer....Let me just say that...So we get to this part of the falls where the rocks are really smooth and theres a little pool almost like a natural water slide....

And the GF is like " babe you gonna go down the slide?"

" ummm...hell to the no I aint going down no slide"

" Cmon babe...cmonnnn"

" Are You?"

*hits me with the you must be crazy face*

" Then why the hell you want ME togo then if you not??" I'm not understanding lol...

"Cmon babeeee...do it...pleaseee"

"Leroy" chimes in from a rock off to the side.." yea mon...go down thee slide cmon big man!!"

" Leroy, stay your @ss out of this ok?"

IMG_0100_zps7934cfb9.jpg

Why do I let people talk me into stuff??

IMG_0101_zpsffd39ca6.jpg

IMG_0102_zps3fc1bc3e.jpg

IMG_0105_zpsb16768d4.jpg

IMG_0104_zps12ca31ab.jpg

UGHHH....I just dont like being completely submerged in water lol...But I gotta admit....I'd do it again.

IMG_0129_zpsdd3b2b85.jpg

Chilling...we were almost at the top on this pic...

IMG_0141_zps6c8b1288.jpg

IMG_0138_zps0e7f4959.jpg

IMG_0145_zps96022622.jpg

We made It!!

There was people taking pictures in front of the " i did it" sign that didnt even step foot on the falls lol.....Hey..can't noone say you didnt unless they were there right?:p

IMG_0146_zps78b818a4.jpg

The second couple we met were SOOO COOOL man...they managed to keep their IPAD dry ALL THE WAY UP THE FALLS....dont ask me how lol...And it took some awesome pictures with that retina display..

We exchanged Facebook information but she hasn't friended me as of yet and I forgot their information....I hope they do because they have some pics on the ipad that I want to post...

Quick Note for those interested...

Of course they sell everyone thing that u need to climb...like water shoes....but they cost more than is you bring your own. Carnival was selling them for like $10...We bought ours from Walmart for $4. We also bought a waterproof Nokia before the trip and that's what took all the falls pictures.

Yay you're back!!! Those falls look like a ton of work, it's vacation!!! Love all the pics and your commentary is awesome of course. I'm gonna have to try some Jerusalem made bread pudding!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am loving your review. I was born and raised in Wilmington . I'm sure I know some of the same people as you. I graduated from Hoggard many years ago. I have lived in Orlando for over 20 yrs now and don't get back to W-town that often , but stay in contact with several close friends. It has been a few years since I was at Dunns Falls , but I see not much has changed. You now have to get to Aruba , that is my favorite port. Keep posting the review is great

IMG_0141_zps6c8b1288.jpg

IMG_0138_zps0e7f4959.jpg

IMG_0145_zps96022622.jpg

We made It!!

There was people taking pictures in front of the " i did it" sign that didnt even step foot on the falls lol.....Hey..can't noone say you didnt unless they were there right?:p

IMG_0146_zps78b818a4.jpg

The second couple we met were SOOO COOOL man...they managed to keep their IPAD dry ALL THE WAY UP THE FALLS....dont ask me how lol...And it took some awesome pictures with that retina display..

We exchanged Facebook information but she hasn't friended me as of yet and I forgot their information....I hope they do because they have some pics on the ipad that I want to post...

Quick Note for those interested...

Of course they sell everyone thing that u need to climb...like water shoes....but they cost more than is you bring your own. Carnival was selling them for like $10...We bought ours from Walmart for $4. We also bought a waterproof Nokia before the trip and that's what took all the falls pictures.

Look at that. I love the smiles.

I think I am going to have to start reading this review at home. This is 3rd time at work someone down the hall has come in asked me what is so funny. :p I can't very well say...this trip review I am reading on Cruise Critic!!:eek::D

I absolutely love this review and I love every word of this review. Do not change a thing in it. I read it exactly as the other 99% of the people read it. You will always have the few people that are offended in anything you do. That is life!:(

I leave next Sunday on the Magic and we are going to these ports so hurry and finish!

Edited by LaShea

Shy you're killing it fam! You make me want to write up a review on my next trip. I started this one, heard about the first one so I went back and read that one....both reviews are informative and HILARIOUS! Like everybody else said, you need to keep up the writing, you about to blow up!!! :D

Shy you're killing it fam! You make me want to write up a review on my next trip. I started this one, heard about the first one so I went back and read that one....both reviews are informative and HILARIOUS! Like everybody else said, you need to keep up the writing, you about to blow up!!! :D

Thanks...I appreciate it...more than ya know.

We are not going to tell you how to edit it! lol The comment was only comically describing the actions of the guy. No big deal or need to edit.

Great review! I hope you sail often! :)

Thank You :D I hope so too!!!

I think I am going to have to start reading this review at home. This is 3rd time at work someone down the hall has come in asked me what is so funny. :p I can't very well say...this trip review I am reading on Cruise Critic!!:eek::D

I absolutely love this review and I love every word of this review. Do not change a thing in it. I read it exactly as the other 99% of the people read it. You will always have the few people that are offended in anything you do. That is life!:(

I leave next Sunday on the Magic and we are going to these ports so hurry and finish!

True....I just don't like to upset ANYONE...thats my nature, rather intended or not. Thank You so much!!! Every time I think about " where the hell is Leroy?" I start laughing....I couldnt make this stuff up if I tried.

Look at that. I love the smiles.

Thanks!....You know...if you knew me before I started taking trips, going on cruises....You would say "B" would never EVER do THIS/THAT......But look at me now!! lol

Well dh and I had our honeymoon in Jamaica 31 years ago. Your Dunn's Falls pictorial reminded me of my fav part of the trip (except for the ykw). I think we need to go back and recapture that moment..........hope we still can get up the falls, lol. Thanks for the memories. Love your review.