Shyhova Sails Again! Carnival Victory Photo Review( Jamaica & Grand Cayman) Apr 2014

Shyhova

IMAG0727_zpsa054d207.jpg

IMAG0725_zps5b694e05.jpg

Now...let me tell you a story about two of the most clueless people I know lol.

At this point we have not eaten much since breakfast, which is fine because we were kind of waiting to try to find something awesome to eat in Miami. Mind you we had researched restaurants and activities for 6 months at this point. So we set out to find some of the places we had looked at online....

The only problem was both of our cell phones were dangerously low on charge so Google was not of much help at this point but we're in Miami right? We can stroll Biscayne Blvd and enjoy the weather and just "fall" into any of a number of wonderful places so that's what we did.....

An hour and a half later I am almost carrying my GF down Biscayne Blvd....Her shirt has come OFF and she is leaving a sweat trail down the sidewalk....I'm looking around crazy like " Lord, where the hell is Waldo!?!"....And we have made a 5 mile loop around Biscayne Bay looking at each other like " Lets just eat at the hotel restaurant"....

Man....

When I tell you we left the hotel looking like Jay-Z and Beyoncé and came back looking like Weezie and George Jefferson....The concierge looking at us like wth.....

So we go up to the counter like..."maam...is there any other restaurants close to the hotel besides the hotels' restaurant?"

She's like yes...just go through those double doors over there....:mad:

I kid you not...when we walked through those doors....that's ATTACHED TO THE DAMN HOTEL....there was shops...and pubs...and boutiques...and restaurants and grocery stores and more shops...and escalators leading to MORE bars and restaurants......I looked at my GF....and she looked at me....and we liked to picked a fight with somebody on the spot just because!!!

IMAG0788_zps03f02854.jpg

Casablanca...where we would eat lunch....yea...the SAME CASABLANCA that we said " oh boy...I hope we can find this place when we get to Miami"....yea....THAT CASABLANCA!!!....200 freaking Feet from our hotel room!!!

IMAG0772_zps3e90123e.jpg

I am laughing so hard- I am crying. you are cracking me up. Loving your review.

Note to self:

"Please don't read Shyhova's reviews at work anymore!!!"

Just kidding, but seriously, my teammates must think that I am crazy laughing at my computer screen. I have laughed out loud several times. I enjoyed your first review and am enjoying this one. Please hurry and book another cruise so that I can have something more to look forward to.

BTW, I am the opposite, I hate shoes and would go bare feet everywhere if I could get away with it. My feet stopped growing when I was 11 years old at size 12and I am a female :eek:.

My feet stopped growing when I was 11 years old at size 12and I am a female :eek:.

Tawana, Tawana, I feel your pain.... me, too. Same age, same size, what a pain ! I don't like to go barefoot, but I only own a few pairs of shoes because it is such a pain to find ones that fit !

Sorry to highjack your review, Shy, but couldn't let that pass.

My feet stopped growing when I was 11 years old at size 12and I am a female :eek:.

Tawana, Tawana, I feel your pain.... me, too. Same age, same size, what a pain ! I don't like to go barefoot, but I only own a few pairs of shoes because it is such a pain to find ones that fit !

Team size 12 here also! Matter fact my mom, my sister, and I all wear a size 12. My 9 year old niece wears a size 9, so I'm sure she is on her way to joining the big feet club!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Hey CruiseCritic!!!....Its your boy Shyhova back again with another photo review. I promise that this is going to be another good review because I am already about to quit in frustration before it even starts lol.

I had my first block of text all typed up pretty and ready togo…introduced myself and gave this great intro about what inspired me to finally get to posting this review and yadda yadda yadda and then….

*bing!*….Blank page…:eek:..Excuse me?...My lovely GF(sitting beside me right now) looks at me and goes “ I was just gonna ask you were you saving as you go?”…Oh you were were you?? As I hit her with the “Are you kidding me? I am about to FLING your raggedy laptop into the fireplace right now!!”face….She just calmly says “ May I suggest you use WORD this time?” UgggHHHH:rolleyes:

Sooo here I am...typing on WORD and I hope this works out or you all will not be getting a review lol.

ANYWAYY…

My name is “B” and I turned 30”hrmph!” 2 days before Embarkation day and this is my second cruise. Those of you who read my first review..” Heyyy there!!!...welcome back”…you all know what you are in store for and those who haven’t can check it out, the links in my signature. I hope that you get what I received from the reviews that I discovered on this site before my first cruise. I hope it is informative, fun and a good read for those who love to cruise…or even those who have no interest in cruising, I hope you enjoy just the same!!

On my first cruise we went with my BeF and his lovely wife, but on this one we would go it alone. My GF has been on 5 cruises( all with Carnival) and as I said before this is my second. So without further ado….My second cruise….aboard the Carnival Victory from Miami to Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Grand Cayman!!!

Every review has to start out with a “test” picture so lets get that out the way…..

Me @ the hotel in Miami

IMAG0795_zps6c80538c.jpg

WHoaaaa....That was waaaaay too much Sexy for Cruise Critic....I may have to dial that back!!! I apologize...:p

Welcome back...I read your last review and died laughing all the way through. So I see you are now hooked on cruising...well good for you because it's a wonderful way to enjoy a vacation. Let me get back to reading your review, good to see you back. Hubby and I go on our cruise finally in October, so enjoy and hopefully I'll be doing a review after we get back! :D

Hey! I know these sights!

I was staying next door in the Double Tree 3 weeks ago! We were often down at "casablanca" on the bay grubbing on the food from the deli. Matter of fact, my cruise was debarking when you were getting ready to board.

Cool review so far!

Edited by seannyice81

Lovin me some Shyhova review!!!! :D I enjoyed your last review so much. You have a great writing style!! I learned a couple things while reading your last review:

1) never drink and read :p you will have to clean your computer screen

2) fruity drinks may cause you to break out in the cupid shuffle with grandmas from Boise :eek:

Team size 12 here also! Matter fact my mom, my sister, and I all wear a size 12. My 9 year old niece wears a size 9, so I'm sure she is on her way to joining the big feet club!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

I am so glad that I am not alone in this "big foot club!!! lol Jane you are so right, it is hard to find shoes that fit us that are comfortable.

Sorry to hijack your thread Shyhova. It is so good to to talk to kindred spirits. I can't wait for your next installment.

When I tell you we left the hotel looking like Jay-Z and Beyoncé and came back looking like Weezie and George Jefferson....The concierge looking at us like wth.....

And that is just 1 of the reasons why your reviews are so awesome!

I hope you book another cruise so us faithful readers have a 3rd review to look forward to! LOL

Alrighty now, Shyhova sails again. I've already laughed out loud. JayZ and Beyoncé to George and Weazie. LOL On the laugh meter this one might trump the last review.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yeah, I was actually picturing that in my head and it wasn't a pretty sight...funny, but not pretty!!! :D

OMG!! I don't feel bad with my 20 pair of flip flops. LOL!! Loved your 1st review. Hoping you come back today to type some more. It's a long boring day at the office today and this review is just what I needed. I don't know why they make you come in on Good Friday and they know NO ONE IS WORKING!! Everyone is online surfing. LOL!!

Oh Ya sweeeet, a review from the man with the Special Lady who loves her fruit as much as I do. Carnival ships are the only place that I can find those big juicy berries that you find in the MDR for breakfast. :D