Please educate me as to if I have this move straight?

This was some sudden move with Quantum, I did not see this coming. Please tell me if I have this right. Quantum is coming here for a while, then its leaving and we are getting Freedom of the seas, and then when Anthem is finished being built we are getting that here in NJ? Are we keeping both Anthem and Freedom or just Anthem is staying here? Do I have any of this straight because I'm a bit confused? Thanks for clearing this up for me.

This was some sudden move with Quantum, I did not see this coming. Please tell me if I have this right. Quantum is coming here for a while, then its leaving and we are getting Freedom of the seas, and then when Anthem is finished being built we are getting that here in NJ? Are we keeping both Anthem and Freedom or just Anthem is staying here? Do I have any of this straight because I'm a bit confused? Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Quantum is going to China at the end of April 2015. Liberty of the Seas not Freedom of the Seas arrives and does late spring through early fall sailings. Anthem is scheduled to arrive in Nov. 2015 for the late fall into winter sailings. No decision has been published about where Anthem will be after the winter sailings of 2016.

You got it right. I believe that when Anthem arrives , Freedom will leave but I am not 100%

certain.

Ok thanks for clearing up that its Liberty not Freedom. Just to clarify a bit more, we are only getting Anthem for part of the year, and then Liberty comes? Am I getting this straight, and if so does this pattern repeat itself every year? If this is the plan, I hate it. If its just waiting time till Anthem comes here permanently, them I'm on board.

Ok thanks for clearing up that its Liberty not Freedom. Just to clarify a bit more, we are only getting Anthem for part of the year, and then Liberty comes? Am I getting this straight, and if so does this pattern repeat itself every year? If this is the plan, I hate it. If its just waiting time till Anthem comes here permanently, them I'm on board.

With how all the recent events unfolded this week who wants to try and guess what Royal Caribbean will do for 2015-2016?

I think a lot of what could happen depends on Bermuda and wether they dredge and widen the shipping channels for Quantum Class ships. If Bermuda drags their feet or don't make the needed changes I would think Anthem might not stay in NJ either.

With how all the recent events unfolded this week who wants to try and guess what Royal Caribbean will do for 2015-2016?

I think a lot of what could happen depends on Bermuda and wether they dredge and widen the shipping channels for Quantum Class ships. If Bermuda drags their feet or don't make the needed changes I would think Anthem might not stay in NJ either.

I would say correct to both your statements.

Sorry about that. Do we actually know if Bermuda will even do the dredging necessary for a Quantum class ship?

There are ongoing discussions within the Bermuda government about this. Royal is also discussing the options with the government too. I have to figure if Bermuda wants the cruislines to bring in bigger ships with more passengers they will do the required dredging. If Bermuda feels they can be happy with the existing ships and business they have now then I would think they would do nothing.

The do nothing opption would force Royal Caribbean and any other cruiseline considering sending bigger ships there to go somewhere else with those ships.

If it is indeed splitting time and not have a "Quantum" class ship here year round then I'm not happy. But on the flip side we do get the beautiful Liberty of the seas part time, and a brand new ship part time. Not a terrible scenario I suppose.

If it is indeed splitting time and not have a "Quantum" class ship here year round then I'm not happy. But on the flip side we do get the beautiful Liberty of the seas part time, and a brand new ship part time. Not a terrible scenario I suppose.

I love it if that is the plan. I can do one Liberty cruise a year and one Quantum-class cruise a year without flying to Florida for either.

Edited by Yorkvillain

I love it if that is the plan. I can do one Liberty cruise a year and one Quantum-class cruise a year without flying to Florida for either.

Exactly, great way to think of it. I am coming around to this plan now.

You may change your plans after taking a look at the prices for the Liberty.

Yeah that is a major issue, believe me, but we were screwed anyway price wise. A new ship like Quantum/Anthem is gonna get a premium, and apparently Liberty does too. The days of super cheap cruises on "Explorer" are over for this area. The price of having new or newer ships I guess. Are the "Liberty" cruises from NJ already on the website so I can check them out?

Yeah that is a major issue, believe me, but we were screwed anyway price wise. A new ship like Quantum/Anthem is gonna get a premium, and apparently Liberty does too. The days of super cheap cruises on "Explorer" are over for this area. The price of having new or newer ships I guess. Are the "Liberty" cruises from NJ already on the website so I can check them out?

Liberty cruises are on the website. Most are more expensive than the quantum on a per night basis

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Yeah I saw them on the website. They were not quite as bad as I thought they'd be, but they are still very expensive. I actually would like to try "Liberty" first, then Anthem. We have a 9 month old now, don't plan to cruise with him till he is a 1 and half or older. Do you know what the policies are foir cruising with a small child? Do they sail free or no? Thanks for the help.

The order is:

Quantum November 2014 to April 2015

Liberty May 2015 to October 2015

Anthem November 2015 - No Info on how long it will be there.

Sorry if this was posted already!

Yeah I saw them on the website. They were not quite as bad as I thought they'd be, but they are still very expensive. I actually would like to try "Liberty" first, then Anthem. We have a 9 month old now, don't plan to cruise with him till he is a 1 and half or older. Do you know what the policies are foir cruising with a small child? Do they sail free or no? Thanks for the help.

Children will pay the same as an adult 3'rd or 4'th passenger rate in the cabin. They will also be charged the daily $12 gratuities.

The prices on the QOTS when we booked 6 months ago were very fair. Much lower than some Liberty prices I just saw.

Children will pay the same as an adult 3'rd or 4'th passenger rate in the cabin. They will also be charged the daily $12 gratuities.

Seems a bit crazy don't you think? I mean a child that small won't even eat any of the cruises food?

Just as a small poll, and I take no offense to the answer, I really want to gather info to this question I have. What age would you say is the earliest a child should be or you would take in a cruise? Again I take NO OFFENSE, zero offense to the answers. Thanks for any responses.

Seems a bit crazy don't you think? I mean a child that small won't even eat any of the cruises food?

Just as a small poll, and I take no offense to the answer, I really want to gather info to this question I have. What age would you say is the earliest a child should be or you would take in a cruise? Again I take NO OFFENSE, zero offense to the answers. Thanks for any responses.

It's really not that the child will not eat as much it is the fact that that child will take up a berth that could have been sold to an adult who would likely spend more on board than a child.

We cruised when we were first married and then waited until our children were 8 and 10 before we began cruising again. The years between were filled with land based vacations to the beach with a few days at Disney or Sea World mixed in. We found that to be great timing for us.

Is this because you an only sail in Summer? I am just wondering why the Anthem needs to be there permanently before you can sail her.

No, I'll sail any time of the year. I was just a little upset with RCCL for having this giant roll out that we were getting brand new ship here year round, not saying anything about losing it for part of every year. I'm ok with it now for the most part.