Price Drops after final payment?

I know this is a pretty simple question, but after a few cruises on Carnival, and now back with RC, I don't remember if their policy changed. I believe in the past we received price drops after our final payment due date, maybe it was given in OBC, I honestly don't remember.

Does that still happen, or is your price locked in after final payment due date?

I know this is a pretty simple question, but after a few cruises on Carnival, and now back with RC, I don't remember if their policy changed. I believe in the past we received price drops after our final payment due date, maybe it was given in OBC, I honestly don't remember.

Does that still happen, or is your price locked in after final payment due date?

No credit of any kind after final payment date. However, you can usually upgrade for little or no extra cost if you find a better stateroom that has dropped in price enough.

No price drops or OBC any longer after final payment date. If a higher catagory has dropped to what you paid or less you can happily move up.

They won't give a refund. This year, by just pure "luck," we canceled our upcoming cruise just before final payment was due bc of a change in our schedules. Then just last week we realized we could go on the cruise. We looked to see if there was space available. There was and the price was $2000 cheaper! (grand suite). Totally worked in our favor and I doubt we'll ever book a year in advance again. We'll take our chances that prices will go down.

I'm booked on the Allure of the Seas for next month. I have 2 boardwalk balcony cabins. Yesterday I found I could get 2 ocean side balconies for $1600 less than what I paid or 2 junior suites for the same price as my boardwalk cabins. When I called to see what could be done I was told that since I have already paid in full, there was nothing they would do for me. No OBC, no upgrade, nada. In order to get those prices I would have to cancel my existing reservations (with 75% penalty) and rebook, which of course would cost me much more in the end. I was very polite with the RC rep, but explained that I was very frustrated that they treat their loyal C&A customers that way. I feel like once they have my money, they aren't terribly concerned about my satisfaction. I mentioned that for future cruises, my family and I will consider switching our loyalties to one of their competitors. All I got in response was, "Sorry, is there anything else I can help you with today?" I will enjoy our cruise on the Allure, but this sure has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm booked on the Allure of the Seas for next month. I have 2 boardwalk balcony cabins. Yesterday I found I could get 2 ocean side balconies for $1600 less than what I paid or 2 junior suites for the same price as my boardwalk cabins. When I called to see what could be done I was told that since I have already paid in full, there was nothing they would do for me. No OBC, no upgrade, nada. In order to get those prices I would have to cancel my existing reservations (with 75% penalty) and rebook, which of course would cost me much more in the end. I was very polite with the RC rep, but explained that I was very frustrated that they treat their loyal C&A customers that way. I feel like once they have my money, they aren't terribly concerned about my satisfaction. I mentioned that for future cruises, my family and I will consider switching our loyalties to one of their competitors. All I got in response was, "Sorry, is there anything else I can help you with today?" I will enjoy our cruise on the Allure, but this sure has left a bad taste in my mouth.

This is nothing new. It's been that way for some time now. It's sometimes best not to look after final payment. You usually won't like what you see.

Don't let yourself look at prices after final payment...resist the temptation!

;);)

But you might miss a free upgrade. How about don't look at prices for the category you booked?

But you might miss a free upgrade. How about don't look at prices for the category you booked?

I even disagree with that. I think you should be aware of how cabins get priced. It may hurt you this time, but next time you can be a little more strategic in your booking/planning.

And if there are 2 cabins left, and the price drops $500 pp, I would not be bothered because there are only 2 cabins left. If there were 25 cabins left and the price went down that much, I would feel that I did not plan well.

People who book and don't look are fine but I like to feel that I have managed my reservation enough to get a good price, although not necessarily the lowest price.

I even disagree with that. I think you should be aware of how cabins get priced. It may hurt you this time, but next time you can be a little more strategic in your booking/planning.

And if there are 2 cabins left, and the price drops $500 pp, I would not be bothered because there are only 2 cabins left. If there were 25 cabins left and the price went down that much, I would feel that I did not plan well.

People who book and don't look are fine but I like to feel that I have managed my reservation enough to get a good price, although not necessarily the lowest price.

This is the reason why you should always look for decreases in price, even if you can't do anything about it. You gain knowledge, for future reference.

I'm booked on the Allure of the Seas for next month. I have 2 boardwalk balcony cabins. I mentioned that for future cruises, my family and I will consider switching our loyalties to one of their competitors. All I got in response was, "Sorry, is there anything else I can help you with today?" I will enjoy our cruise on the Allure, but this sure has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Just my lowly opinion....

Never sign a contract, which includes your cruise contract (which you fully understood and agreed to when you signed AND paid), unless you are willing to perform under the terms of the contract. You signed a contract and were happy with your purchase... RCL delivered perfectly by delivering/reserving exactly what you agreed to pay for.

All these room changes, upgrades, etc we all talk about and try to get are all just favours, we play the system AFTER we have already agreed to and signed for what we already paid for... keep that in mind. If you don't like the contract you are signing, don't sign it. I believe you will have just as difficult a time on any other line getting a massive cash back/upgrade AFTER you signed and agreed and paid according to the contract you signed.

Just my 2 cents

We are very lucky that we get price drops and paid upgrades before final payment. People outside USA/Canada can not get any of the savings we get, let alone price drops upgrades paid or unpaid after final payment.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Have you tried calling C&A number directly and asking to switch? Or maybe calling to get another rep on the phone. In my experience, the results vary depending on the rep you get on the phone. I would definately keep trying.

I don't understand why they would not let you upgrade. Were there cabins available?

I was pretty certain you could upgrade after final payment. When did that change?

Try again- ask for a supervisor- unless the rate is restriced to new bookings you shouldb e able to upgrade

Keep in mind that it does not always happen that prices drop after final payment. We are booked in a GS on a cruise where the final payment deadline passed recently. Just out of curiosity, I looked at current prices for that cruise. A JS now costs more than we've paid for our GS, an OS is twice what we paid for our GS (and some thousands more than it cost when we booked), and there are no GSs available.

Supply and demand works both ways! Let the buyer (and the waiter) beware!

D

Don't let yourself look at prices after final payment...resist the temptation!

;);)

Yes, I should have but I was bored one night and well......As my husband pointed out, if this is our biggest problem then we're pretty blessed. I will chalk this up to a learning experience and move on.

This is one of the biggest problems I have with Royal Caribbean. I wish they would give you onboard credits as Carnival does. But as someone else pointed out, it doesn't always work out that the price drops after booking. For our first cruise last year on RC, our balcony room went up over $2000 by the time we sailed. It never dropped, and went steadily up, and I was glad then that we had booked a year in advance.

They won't give a refund. This year, by just pure "luck," we canceled our upcoming cruise just before final payment was due bc of a change in our schedules. Then just last week we realized we could go on the cruise. We looked to see if there was space available. There was and the price was $2000 cheaper! (grand suite). Totally worked in our favor and I doubt we'll ever book a year in advance again. We'll take our chances that prices will go down.

We are with you on this it Pays to wait till after final payment. I have watch it the last few cruises we have done I could have saved money on all but one.

So in the future we are waiting till 4 weeks out for the best price.

Keep in mind that it does not always happen that prices drop after final payment. We are booked in a GS on a cruise where the final payment deadline passed recently. Just out of curiosity, I looked at current prices for that cruise. A JS now costs more than we've paid for our GS, an OS is twice what we paid for our GS (and some thousands more than it cost when we booked), and there are no GSs available.

Supply and demand works both ways! Let the buyer (and the waiter) beware!

D

I check for price drops at least 3 times each day. The price of our D2 hasn't moved, but I have noticed the price for a junior suite upgrade I'm offered each time has gone from $50 to $63pp/day. There still seem to be a lot of D2's available for both of our sailings, so I'm hopeful we'll see it go down at least once before final payment is due. If not, I won't be too disappointed, since September fares are lower to begin with.

Okay, I may be in the minority here but this is my experience.

At final payment time for our June cruise, we were booked in a Boardwalk Balcony cabin. A few weeks later, prices dropped and the oceanview balconies were the same as what we originally paid. So I called, and very easily she moved us over. The new room ended up costing $75 less than what we had paid but I called it a wash. Surprise suprise, my mom got a $75 credit a couple weeks later on her card.

A few weeks ago, I notice prices dropped again and I actually wanted a different room location because I was doubting being on the deck we chose. He takes a look and puts me on hold. Comes back on to tell me that they never gave us our loyaly (platinum) discount but we did get the 55+ discount (my mom) so he spoke with his supervisor who said to give us both in addition to the current rate, and we would be refunded over $400. A couple days ago, that credit was back on my mom's card.

Of course, I have since called twice because I saw junior suite prices dropped and they were unable to give me the price (even though I would have paid the difference).

All that to say, I think it really depends who you call and what kind of rate it is that you see. I called for an amazing junior suite rate and it was restricted to new bookings.