Is this true and did you know?

I don't even know how you would go about requesting robes in your cabin before your cruise. I think your stateroom attendant was either badly informed or was outright dishonest.

You can do it under your reservation, just did it in Feb. although I didn't need to because of C&A status. Also requested egg crate. First cruise ever that the steward wasn't around on embarkation day and neither request was filled. I know how busy they are on first day so gave the steward a pass. He took care of things the next day without me mentioning anything and was great.

You can do it under your reservation, just did it in Feb. although I didn't need to because of C&A status. Also requested egg crate. First cruise ever that the steward wasn't around on embarkation day and neither request was filled. I know how busy they are on first day so gave the steward a pass. He took care of things the next day without me mentioning anything and was great.

Can you point out exactly what section of the reservation can be used to order robes and egg crate? I've just looked through one of my reservations and cannot find the right section.

Edited by clarea

In the last 2 years or so, it seems RCI has given cabin stewards the time off when the passengers are getting on the ship, as there direct phone line is off and I called GR about it and they said they were off duty. I was shocked. They have come a long way from walking you to your cabin when you board, and having your name memorized before you arrived.

Such a sad drop in service.

Can you point out exactly what section of the reservation can be used to order robes and egg crate? I've just looked through one of my reservations and cannot find the right section.

I have a feeling that iheartbda is confusing RC with Princess. You can pre-request those items on Princess but not on RC.

I have a feeling that iheartbda is confusing RC with Princess. You can pre-request those items on Princess but not on RC.

Oh well, it would have been nice to pre-order the egg crate. Thanks.

Sorry, don't have time to search right now.

Now you're starting to make me think I'm losing my mind. I know my memory is not always the best but I also know I'm not confusing the two.:D Did not request robe or egg crate on Princess in Oct. but did so for Feb. cruise on Royal. If I didn't pre-request, then how did our steward know to bring those things the next day?

I thought I was pretty clear with my request, and I was sure she knew what I was talking about. I hate to sound mean but we had more problems with our stewart this trip . We never had any problems before, I guess I was spoiled before. As for the Complimentary dinner,I never looked at certificate, wouldn't know where to look,TA never sent me one ,only that it was part of our ammenities for booking with them

I think that the dinner is the fault of your TA not RCI. My TA sends me the certificate and also tells me it is only good for a port day, and must be booked while onboard. We usually use it the first night. What would you have done if RCI did not have your specialty dinner on file? With the certificate you have the proof. Sometimes they misplace the dinner or the OBC or the SPA credit.

Edited by dacsmom

Oh well, it would have been nice to pre-order the egg crate. Thanks.

NOW I know what I did. I had back surgery and I called the special needs dept. Sorry for the confusion.:o Like I said, my memory gets wonky at times, and I'm not even that old.:D It was driving me crazy until I figured it out.

Just back from the Explorer of the Seas, and as Diamond members we always received robes in the room. Of course, this time I didn't pack my own, when I asked our attendent when they would be delivered,I was told I had to request robes before we boarded :eek:Does anyone know if this true,or did we have a misinformed stewart? Now for the "did you know" we went to Portofinos with the "free" dinner ,compliments of our TA, we were told RCCL would only honor this ammenity on port days only:eek: I already e-mailed my TA, but I was alittle taken back with this info !!!!

What has this got to do with robes?

The OP had a two part question.

I thought I was pretty clear with my request, and I was sure she knew what I was talking about. I hate to sound mean but we had more problems with our stewart this trip . We never had any problems before, I guess I was spoiled before. As for the Complimentary dinner,I never looked at certificate, wouldn't know where to look,TA never sent me one ,only that it was part of our ammenities for booking with them

I guess once in a while you get a crappy steward.

Here's hoping for an amazing one on your next cruise, lol

As far as the robes, we always get them in our cabin

never had to request them.

Personally I would never use a robe provided by a cruise line or hotel. To me it's like wearing someone's underwear. It really grosses me out maybe I'm a germaphobic.

The robes are washed, just like the towels and sheets are. Do you use those in a hotel or cruise ship? :)

Last cruise March 29, 2014. No robe in cabin but I asked the steward for one the first evening and he brought me one in about 10 seconds. I was platinum and the ship was Explorer.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk