Is this true and did you know?

Just back from the Explorer of the Seas, and as Diamond members we always received robes in the room. Of course, this time I didn't pack my own, when I asked our attendent when they would be delivered,I was told I had to request robes before we boarded :eek:Does anyone know if this true,or did we have a misinformed stewart? Now for the "did you know" we went to Portofinos with the "free" dinner ,compliments of our TA, we were told RCCL would only honor this ammenity on port days only:eek: I already e-mailed my TA, but I was alittle taken back with this info !!!!

Just back from the Explorer of the Seas, and as Diamond members we always received robes in the room. Of course, this time I didn't pack my own, when I asked our attendent when they would be delivered,I was told I had to request robes before we boarded :eek:Does anyone know if this true,or did we have a misinformed stewart? Now for the "did you know" we went to Portofinos with the "free" dinner ,compliments of our TA, we were told RCCL would only honor this ammenity on port days only:eek: I already e-mailed my TA, but I was alittle taken back with this info !!!!

Never heard about the robes being requested in advance. When I went on allure in november they were automatically there for all 3 of us.

As far as the comp. specialty restaurant, yes you can only use it on port days. If you ever view the link for the certificate, it says it on the bottom that it is to be used on port days. We had one in November, used it when we were in Jamaica @ samba grill that was on allulre.

Been platinum on 3 cruises so far, yet to see the complimentary robes.

The dining certificate does say port days only, we have usually had no problem with using them on sea days though. Typically we get offered a sea day by the staff when we try to make a reservation on board.

I have heard about the dining certificates, so that would not have come as a surprise. The robes, however, I have to chalk up to a lazy steward. Had one once who gave me a hard time about getting one (DH doesn't use one) when we were in a JS and Platinum at that time. I just refused to take no for an answer and did get one but she proved to be one of the worst ever.

I thought I was pretty clear with my request, and I was sure she knew what I was talking about. I hate to sound mean but we had more problems with our stewart this trip . We never had any problems before, I guess I was spoiled before. As for the Complimentary dinner,I never looked at certificate, wouldn't know where to look,TA never sent me one ,only that it was part of our ammenities for booking with them

Even on our recent 5-night Brilliance cruise robes were waiting for us. They had nicer C&A color logos than usual. Once in a while on other trips the steward has said the robes would be arriving before first night dinner and they were delivered. I've never even had to ask! (Diamond members)

Robes are in the closet half the times, other times ( if we need the robe) we’ve asked the attendant and usually get them by the second day.

As for the dinner, I’ve read that the TA comp dinner is for a port day only.

hope you enjoyed the crusie

m

We are not diamond or suite guest and my understanding is that we will not have robes. On HAL everyone has robes and I loved using them as a warm throw when sitting on the verandah. I'd love to have one just for that purpose on Brilliance. Is it okay to ask for one?

You have to book a balcony or above to receive robes.

You have to book a balcony or above to receive robes.

On Royal, robes are supposed to be given to guests in JS and better staterooms, or Platinum and above C&A regardless of stateroom.

On Royal, robes are supposed to be given to guests in JS and better staterooms, or Platinum and above C&A regardless of stateroom.

On all four of my RCC's, we have had robes. Once we had to ask for them and received them....and have only had standard balconies. My grown children stayed across the hall in "inside" cabins and they were told "only balconies".

Maybe I have just had great stewards...I don't know...but as I stated...we ALWAYS had them.

Edited by champagne123
vvvvvvvv

On all four of my RCC's, we have had robes. Once we had to ask for them and received them....and have only had standard balconies. My grown children stayed across the hall in "inside" cabins and they were told "only balconies".

Maybe I have just had great stewards...I don't know...but as I stated...we ALWAYS had them.

Yes, you have had nice stateroom attendants. However, it is not policy on all ships to give robes to all balcony guests.

I sailed ExOS on 04/05. There were no robes in our stateroom initially. However, I left a note requesting our beds to be pulled apart, egg crate foam for the beds and 2 robes. All was done within 2 hours. We had an attentive steward.

You can ask for robes if you are not platinum and above, and sometimes they will get them for you. Sometimes they flat out say no without even trying, they don't HAVE to get them for you if you are not platinum or above. Its always worth a shot to nicely ask if they have any extras. Even if you ARE platinum or above, sometimes they are short for the first day or so and you need to ask, generally they show up eventually but as others have said you may have a lazy steward and never see the robes. And please don't wear them to the pool.....:p:p:p

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

On our Explorer cruise in 2012 our cabin attendant asked if we wanted a robe and we declined. We don't use robes at home so no need on the ship.

I can understand why the robes my not be in the cabin when you arrive. They have to launder them on embarkation day as many were probably in use during the previous cruise.

Personally, I don't like the robes cruise lines provide. They are too heavy for my liking.

Most any cabin attendant worth their salt will be glad to get you a robe no matter what cabin you are in or what C&A tier you are IF there are extra available.

I have never had trouble getting one for my mother and we are just lowly Gold. Of course a generous tip along with the request probably goes a long ways with them :)

I consider this "above and beyond" hence the generous tip since its not a Gold perk but it has worked great so far

Edited by ryano

I thought I was pretty clear with my request, and I was sure she knew what I was talking about. I hate to sound mean but we had more problems with our stewart this trip . We never had any problems before, I guess I was spoiled before. As for the Complimentary dinner,I never looked at certificate, wouldn't know where to look,TA never sent me one ,only that it was part of our ammenities for booking with them

Maybe because you keep calling her Stewart :D:p

###

Edited by PhoenixCruiser

As for the Complimentary dinner,I never looked at certificate, wouldn't know where to look,TA never sent me one ,only that it was part of our ammenities for booking with them...

All right, well having said this, did you go and enjoy your complimentary dinner even if it wasn't on the night of your choice?