OK, I'm Stupid. Is FTTF Really Worth It?

dljones

SO IT'S KINDA LIKE A "I GOT ON BEFORE YOU" SLAP TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T "FAST ENOUGH" TO GRAB THE MERE 20 THAT ARE SOLD TO MAKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE FEEL BAD WHILE EVERYONE WHO DID GET ONE GLOATS OR BRAGS. SOUNDS UNFAIR TO ME. AND FRANKLY KINDA NOSE-UP-IN-THE-AIR-ISH. WE ALL PAID OUR MAX AFFORDABLE TO ENJOY THE SAME CRUISE. WHY SHOULDN'T EVERYONE'S ROOMS BE READY AT THE SAME TIME:confused: WHY SHOULDN'T EVERYONE BE FREE TO DROP OFF THEIR BAGS IN THEIR ROOM AND ROAM THE SHIP THE MOMENT THEY GET ON OR JUMP IN THE JACUZZI OR POOL OR WHATEVER. OR WHY SHOULD EVERYONE ELSE HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE FOR ANYTHING? OH HEY....THAT'S LIFE!:rolleyes: CALL ME A POOR SPORT? IT'S CALLED SPEAKING THE TRUTH AND I'M SURE I SPEAK FOR HUNDREDS OF OTHERS. IT'S NOT FAIR NOR IS IT RIGHT TO THE REST OF THE CRUISERS.

Who gloats? I used it on our last cruise and have had it booked for our August cruise since February. I don't get it to gloat or make anyone feel bad. Now if people do feel salty that I have it and they don't, that's their problem. Not mine. It's no more unfair than any other excursion you book in advance. If you want it, you get it as soon as you can. And if it's sold out, keep an eye out for more slots or a cancellation that might pop up giving you the ability to purchase it. If you don't want it, then why would you be a "poor sport" towards those that DID want it and purchased it? Makes no sense.

Who gloats? I used it on our last cruise and have had it booked for our August cruise since February. I don't get it to gloat or make anyone feel bad. Now if people do feel salty that I have it and they don't, that's their problem. Not mine. It's no more unfair than any other excursion you book in advance. If you want it, you get it as soon as you can. And if it's sold out, keep an eye out for more slots or a cancellation that might pop up giving you the ability to purchase it. If you don't want it, then why would you be a "poor sport" towards those that DID want it and purchased it? Makes no sense.

Funny how those who use the term "poor sport" are always the ones who got one over on the "poor sport". There's a diff between excursions off the ship and the facilities of the ship itself that everyone paid to enjoy. Have fun with your "I got on before you" pass. Just remember when someone wants to use any part of the ship that you're in first, that they paid for their cruise just as you did. :cool:

One of the nice things about CC is finding out about add-ons to your cruise experience. The "first-come/first serve reminds me of Southwest airlines and seating. It is your choice to either apy the extra and get on the plane firs (limited number) or go online 24 hours ahead of your trip to get a boarding letter and number for boarding. I don't recall anyone gloating either and your advice to keep checking is a good suggestion. I am happy I signed up and secured F2F but I don't look at this as a gloat just happiness.

SO IT'S KINDA LIKE A "I GOT ON BEFORE YOU" SLAP TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T "FAST ENOUGH" TO GRAB THE MERE 20 THAT ARE SOLD TO MAKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE FEEL BAD WHILE EVERYONE WHO DID GET ONE GLOATS OR BRAGS. SOUNDS UNFAIR TO ME. AND FRANKLY KINDA NOSE-UP-IN-THE-AIR-ISH. WE ALL PAID OUR MAX AFFORDABLE TO ENJOY THE SAME CRUISE. WHY SHOULDN'T EVERYONE'S ROOMS BE READY AT THE SAME TIME:confused: WHY SHOULDN'T EVERYONE BE FREE TO DROP OFF THEIR BAGS IN THEIR ROOM AND ROAM THE SHIP THE MOMENT THEY GET ON OR JUMP IN THE JACUZZI OR POOL OR WHATEVER. OR WHY SHOULD EVERYONE ELSE HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE FOR ANYTHING? OH HEY....THAT'S LIFE!:rolleyes: CALL ME A POOR SPORT? IT'S CALLED SPEAKING THE TRUTH AND I'M SURE I SPEAK FOR HUNDREDS OF OTHERS. IT'S NOT FAIR NOR IS IT RIGHT TO THE REST OF THE CRUISERS.

I do see your point. It does appear to be a sort of favoritism and people do gloat and brag because they got a spot. That is normal. In the end though, I think it boils down to just being another "service" you can purchase. As the previous poster mentioned, you can choose or not choose to purchase this service.

No, it isn't available to everyone because there are limits to number of people that can be accommodated but it isn't "unfair." Take the steakhouse for example. There are only so many seats. When they are booked, they are booked. If you do your homework you would know you can book it well in advance to ensure your place. And, there is the odd chance that someone will cancel and you can take their place. It is the same idea.

In fact, on my sailing, this service was "sold out" but I kept checking back and low and behold a ticket opened up. I made my post here and got all these nice people's responses and then I made my move. So, maybe on your next cruise you can be on the lookout and purchase this for your self! :)

Just in case you missed it. I bit the bullet and purchased the last ticket available. I'm sure with all the positive comments being left here that it was a good decision. I like getting on the ship early and being able to drop off my bags is a winner for me! The other perks sound good too! Please feel free to leave additional feedback of your experiences. :D

Funny how those who use the term "poor sport" are always the ones who got one over on the "poor sport". There's a diff between excursions off the ship and the facilities of the ship itself that everyone paid to enjoy. Have fun with your "I got on before you" pass. Just remember when someone wants to use any part of the ship that you're in first, that they paid for their cruise just as you did. :cool:

I believe you used the term first sweetie. Not me. I plan to enjoy every portion of my cruise. Every bit that I paid for. It doesn't matter where the services are offered during the cruise experience. If you want it, get it. If you don't, then don't take issue with those who did.

One of the nice things about CC is finding out about add-ons to your cruise experience. The "first-come/first serve reminds me of Southwest airlines and seating. It is your choice to either apy the extra and get on the plane firs (limited number) or go online 24 hours ahead of your trip to get a boarding letter and number for boarding. I don't recall anyone gloating either and your advice to keep checking is a good suggestion. I am happy I signed up and secured F2F but I don't look at this as a gloat just happiness.

Thank you. It's really silly to gloat, and I certainly didn't see anyone doing that last year. And even more silly to be a poor sport if you don't get it. Last year when I first joined the forum I knew nothing about FTTF and probably wouldn't have paid it any attention at the port if I never found out. But the benefit of learning about it was purchasing it and taking advantage of its benefits. Gloating was never a part of the equation. Last I checked, nobody is better than anybody. I certainly don't think folks who stay in suites, for example, are better than me. And if they do, that says more about them than me.;)

First of all, there's no need to yell. Second, Platinum, Diamond, and FTTF get all the same benefits as far as lines go, so how do you know who is FTTF and who is not? And why is it fair that people who have sailed a blue million cruises and are loyal to Carnival that they should have to wait in line with everybody else? I think they should get special treatment (and no, I haven't reached diamond or platinum, I'm only a red). This post sounds like pure jealousy. On our first cruise, I knew we could buy FTTF but we didn't. Then, we saw everyone with it and decided it would be good for our next one, so we got it. We weren't jealous, or upset that they got benefits we didn't. I never saw anyone gloating or felt they were doing that. We were rooting for them because they were smart enough to do it and we weren't. I think people post about it on here because they are happy to get one of the coveted slots, not that they are gloating about it. There is a difference.

Edited by silverpenguin

Plenty of people get a chance to grab FTTF passes. They let them go up occasionally and about 20 spaces at a time. People have had success emailing Carnivals excursion department so they will be informed when the passes are going to be available.

How much easier can it get????

If you want your room to be available when you get on board just come late. The rush will be over and you can walk on and enjoy lunch and do the same things as the early birds. Some people like getting to the pier late and some like being early. Since I fly in, I prefer to be early, if I lived closer, I would drive there around 2.

No one gloats, I think it's just the excitement of grabbing one when they are available. Everyone has the same chance and they are often posted on the forums when they do become available. It doesn't seem snooty to me at all.

PERHAPS IT'S JUST THE WAY SOME POSTERS ARE WORDING IT THAT MAKE IT SOUND LIKE THEY ARE LORDING IT ALL OVER THOSE OF US WHO COULDN'T OR DIDN'T GET THEM. AND JUST BECAUSE I LIKE USING CAPITAL LETTERS (I DON'T SEE WELL) DOESN'T MEAN I'M SHOUTING. STOP FEELING GUILTY AND BLAMING IT ON ME. IF I WAS YELLING I'D BE USING EXCLAMATION POINTS. IF YOU FEEL THAT THREATENED BY CAPITALS, YOU NEED COUNSELING. JEALOUSY? REALLY? :rolleyes:

I AM EXCITED ABOUT THE CRUISE NO MATTER WHEN I GET ON. CONGRATS TO THOSE THAT GET ON SOONER. MY 3RD CRUISE WE HAD TO WAIT AWHILE. THAT WAS A PAIN AND THE ONLY ONE. NONE OF THE OTHERS WERE A PROBLEM. THIS WILL BE MY 5TH. HOPING WHEN WE GET THERE I CAN JUST GO TO MY ROOM. MY EXPERIENCE IS THAT IT ALWAYS TAKES THE SHIP LONGER TO LEAVE THAN IT'S SET TO SAIL. SO, THERE'S A LOT OF TIME TO WALK AROUND AND FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE SHIP BEFORE DINNER. NEW SHIP FOR US. LITTLE NERVOUS AFTER HEARING THE TROUBLE IT HAD A FEW WEEKS AGO *BITING NAILS* :o LET'S HOPE IT'S SMOOOOOOOTH SAILING!

PERHAPS IT'S JUST THE WAY SOME POSTERS ARE WORDING IT THAT MAKE IT SOUND LIKE THEY ARE LORDING IT ALL OVER THOSE OF US WHO COULDN'T OR DIDN'T GET THEM. AND JUST BECAUSE I LIKE USING CAPITAL LETTERS (I DON'T SEE WELL) DOESN'T MEAN I'M SHOUTING. STOP FEELING GUILTY AND BLAMING IT ON ME. IF I WAS YELLING I'D BE USING EXCLAMATION POINTS. IF YOU FEEL THAT THREATENED BY CAPITALS, YOU NEED COUNSELING. JEALOUSY? REALLY? :rolleyes:

I think the general rule in most forums is that if you use all caps it means you are yelling. Pretty sure that is where the yelling comments came from. Just FYI.

This, from the CC user posting guidelines:

(The guidelines can be found at this address: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines)

ALL CAPS

Typing in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS is considering shouting by many, so please double check your caps lock key before posting.

I guess CC needs counselling as well?

Edited by silverpenguin

We have been purchasing FTTF for the past three cruises. We have scheduled it for all three we'll take this year.

We love the lack of lines at the port when we arrive early. No line at the FTTF check in, well at least in port Canaveral. We had one person in front of us in Tampa and one delayed boarding but that was for the entire ship.

It is great to board early, enter thru the doors that advise people to stay out and drop off our carry on luggage. Then head for lunch and then people watch or read for a while.

By that time our luggage has been dropped off and we unpack and head back out to explore and people watch some more.

We will keep purchasing FTTF until we hit platinum. That will be a while as we are just hitting gold.

We loved having this on the Legend last November. We had two tender ports and it paid off well.

Guest services is fun too. We had gift cards we were given by family and friends. There was quite a line. No one in priority line though. We walked up, flashed the back of our card and were helped immediately. We got dirty looks from those in the long line. Maybe next time they'll consider FTTF too!

Needless to say, we highly recommend it!

to take you meds (sounds like you missed them when you posted the above).

The OP wanted to know if FTTF was "worth it". I posted my experiences with it -- in other words, I stated why it was worth it TO ME.

If you re-read my OP you will notice that I said I purchased it on our first cruise. Please tell me how a total newbie -- someone on their first cruise -- can possibly be considered as gloating over everyone, when I know nothing about the voyage I am on.

I simply posted why it was worth it TO ME. That way, other individuals could consider if it might be worthwhile to them (e.g., maybe they do not want to spend their time working out in uncrowded conditions, etc.).

If you do not want F2F, fine. If you do want F2f, fine. But please do not attribute negative thoughts to people when you have absolutely no idea what is going on.

Have a nice life.

to take you meds (sounds like you missed them when you posted the above).

The OP wanted to know if FTTF was "worth it". I posted my experiences with it -- in other words, I stated why it was worth it TO ME.

If you re-read my OP you will notice that I said I purchased it on our first cruise. Please tell me how a total newbie -- someone on their first cruise -- can possibly be considered as gloating over everyone, when I know nothing about the voyage I am on.

I simply posted why it was worth it TO ME. That way, other individuals could consider if it might be worthwhile to them (e.g., maybe they do not want to spend their time working out in uncrowded conditions, etc.).

If you do not want F2F, fine. If you do want F2f, fine. But please do not attribute negative thoughts to people when you have absolutely no idea what is going on.

Have a nice life.

This is a forum for any and everyone to comment. If you and others can't handle a discussion, I suggest you don't come on here :rolleyes:

If the admin and everyone else is so worried about being shouted at by using capitals, I suggest everyone focus on what you're typing, not how. Capitals is miniscule compared to the "tone" and wording and nasty quips people post, like the "meds" shot from the ignorant poster above. It's a forum for everyone to post, not a pick n choose. Once again people who want to weed others out because they don't like what's being said. Talk about poor sport :rolleyes:

Our Liberty cruise from Miami FTTF did not board with platinum, diamond & suites guest. They were placed in a roped off area to the side and made to wait until the other guest boarded..... We had a friend in that group, we were in a suite .....they got on about a 1/2 hour after us.

As far as the OP's question it's worth it if it's worth it to you. I personally don't find the need for it on every cruise...it's what works best for you.

Edited by Midwestgal

If the admin and everyone else is so worried about being shouted at by using capitals, I suggest everyone focus on what you're typing, not how. Capitals is miniscule compared to the "tone" and wording and nasty quips people post, like the "meds" shot from the ignorant poster above. It's a forum for everyone to post, not a pick n choose. Once again people who want to weed others out because they don't like what's being said. Talk about poor sport :rolleyes:

I'm sorry. Are you the same person you was typing yesterday? If I'm not mistaken, you told me I needed counselling just because I was trying to educate you on the rules for posting to keep you from getting banned. But now you're talking about an "ignorant" poster saying you didn't take your meds & weeding out others because they don't like what's being said? Isn't that exactly what you did yesterday? Everything was fine and dandy until you spouted off about me needing counselling.

Klassy.

Edited by silverpenguin

Just to avoid the nasty comments I admit upfront I'm stupid. :p

Now to the question, is FTTF really worth it? What does it get you? Do I buy one ticket for the cabin or one ticket for each passenger?

No

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

I got it on the Liberty last April and bought it for the Dream this November. Our only real perk on the Liberty was early embarkation and debarkation. On the day we left, we were with 3 other couples. We embarked, dropped off our stuff in the room and were texting pics of ourselves having a drink in the still empty Serenity area while our friends were not even checked in yet. After that, they all swore they were getting it next time. For $50, I liked it for the ease of just getting on and getting my vacation going.

Um... What is FTTF? Not an abbreviation im familiar with!

Faster to the Fun has been rolled out in the following home ports:

¨ Baltimore

¨ Charleston

¨ Fort Lauderdale

¨ Galveston

¨ Jacksonville

¨ Long Beach

¨ Miami

¨ New Orleans

¨ New York

¨ Port Canaveral

¨ San Juan

¨ Seattle

¨ Tampa

Want to squeeze every minute of fun out of your vacation? You can with our Faster to the Fun package. With this package, you get an express lane to the FUN (and yes, FASTER!). Here’s what it includes:

Priority Security, Check-in and Express Boarding

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes. If you arrive after general boarding has begun, you may bypass the general boarding line and board via the Faster to the Fun lane. The quicker you are on the ship, the quicker you get to hold a frosty drink.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and don your cruise attire first!

Guest Services

Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone and line at Guest Services.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations

Tender Priority

You will have priority tender from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so you can explore ashore as quickly as you want to.

Debarkation Choices

We are always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Things to Remember image003.jpg

§ The FTTF price is not per person. One ticket per cabin. The $49.95 price covers all occupants of the cabin so only 1 guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits.

§ After purchasing FTTF package, remind guests to re-print their boarding pass and luggage tags so the Faster to Fun stamp reflects on their documents.

§ FTTF can only be purchased pre-cruise on Carnival.com; no al a carte services can be purchased onboard.

§ The embarkation process typically begins at approximately 11:00am. FTTF guests may arrive at the terminal at that time or any time thereafter.

A Few Facts on Faster to the Fun!

§ Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members and Suite guests will be the only guests to have access to the Priority Check-In Lounge at embarkation, just as they are today. FTTF guests will not have this benefit, so embarkation will not be impacted in the Priority Check-In Lounge.

§ Similar to airlines boarding first class and then elite frequent flyers, etc., we will start with Diamond, Platinum VIFP Club members and Suite guests when embarkation begins. Then we will board FTTF guests.

§ The number of people who may purchase FTTF will be capacity controlled based upon the number of Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members booked for the sailing. If a sailing has a significant number of Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members, then we won’t plan to sell many FTTF packages. Conversely, if there are very few Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members on a particular sailing, then we will be able to sell a few more FTTF packages.

In a Nutshell:

§ Early embarkation and choice of early or late debarkation: FTTF gets this after Platinum and Diamond guests and those in Suites.

§ Priority Tender: FTTF gets this after Platinum and Diamond guests.

§ Early Stateroom and Express Luggage Delivery – Platinum and Diamond guests and FTTF all get this benefit. This is a new benefit for Platinum and Diamond guests!

§ Priority Dinner Seating – FTTF gets cleared after Platinum guests; Diamond guests are guaranteed their dining preference.