Minimum age to book room

klaner64

We are thinking of taking our son and his girlfriend on a cruise. They will be 20 years old at the time of sailing. Our other son will also be with us (will be 23) so we will probably need two rooms. Since they are only 20 would we have to book rooms so my husband and I would be in different rooms and would we be able to switch rooms when we are onboard and have the kids be in one room and us in the other once onboard.

We are thinking of taking our son and his girlfriend on a cruise. They will be 20 years old at the time of sailing. Our other son will also be with us (will be 23) so we will probably need two rooms. Since they are only 20 would we have to book rooms so my husband and I would be in different rooms and would we be able to switch rooms when we are onboard and have the kids be in one room and us in the other once onboard.

yes

Edited by hftmrock

Thanks for the info. Also the girlfriend doesn't have a passport now. Would she be able to get away with birth certificate and driver's license? She doesn't need any permission from her parents since she is over 18 does she?

Thanks for the info. Also the girlfriend doesn't have a passport now. Would she be able to get away with birth certificate and driver's license? She doesn't need any permission from her parents since she is over 18 does she?

She'll be fine, and will not need permission since she's over 18.

she should be fine but Carnival does recommend the permission for anyone under 21. I can not imagine there would be an issue but just telling you what they recommend

There is no problem changing the rooms on board. My husband and I took our 18 year old son and his 17 year old friend. Booked with one adult in each cabin. Once onboard switched so the boys were in the cabin by themselves. Never questioned it.

IMHO, I wouldn't step foot in another country without a passport in my pocket (or at least a copy of one). I know people will disagree with me and technically, they will be right. Unfortunately, things do happen and situations may arise such that having a passport would be a great benefit. So, I say, fork over the $110 bucks and get one. You can have it expedited for an additional fee if your sailing is soon. It is good for 10 years.

I wonder if there is anyone else with me on this? Call it, a gluttony for punishment ROFL. ;)

Edited by dljones

IMHO, I wouldn't step foot in another country without a passport in my pocket (or at least a copy of one). I know people will disagree with me and technically, they will be right. Unfortunately, things do happen and situations may arise such that having a passport would be a great benefit. So, I say, fork over the $110 bucks and get one. You can have it expedited for an additional fee if your sailing is soon. It is good for 10 years.

I wonder if there is anyone else with me on this? Call it, a gluttony for punishment ROFL. ;)

I agree

If they get married, they can book their own cabin as long as they are over the age of 18 :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would like her to get a passport but won't insist. We are paying for the cruise, so I don't think I will pay for the passport too. They will be in college, so getting married is not what I want them to yet either.

The "minor policy" rule is, 18 - 20 year olds traveling with parents aboard can be berthed anywhere on the ship. Since your son's 20yo girlfriend is not your child (and assuming her last name differs from your family name) you need to put her with you on the reservation. Once onboard the ship, you can go to Guest Services to switch cabin room cards, straighten out the S&S accounts and anyone can sleep wherever they want.

it's not $110 anymore