Bruges

Nextholiday?

Hello again :D

Just wondering which tours you preferred with p and o to bruge.

Also how far away is port to shops etc please if walking?

Do o and o provide transfers. If so how much please

Any particular chocolate shops you recommend ;)

Thsnk you :D

The ship actually docks in Zeebrugge and there will be a shuttle bus that takes you into Blankenberge where there will be shops but if you want to go to Bruges you will have to book an excursion or catch shuttle bus to Blankenberge and then catch the train to Bruges.

like above there is a shuttle into town..ours dropped us off close to train station...big rush to get on train to bruge...we walked around a bit and went back to station..no line..frequent trains to bruge..really easy to do and most ticket sellers speach English

I did an Ypres and Paschendale/Tynecot tour with Bruges in the afternoon. Truly thought provoking helped by a guide who was extremely knowledgable and I imagine this year it will be even more worthwhile as the ypres museum was closed for refurbishment.

As for chocolates all the shops sell the same things.

[quote name='Antmadmanda']All the chocolate shops do not sell the same thing. It depends on your palate![/quote]
True, but there are a heck of a lot that sell the same mass produced items (usually by Belfine). Its more for the tourist crowd I guess.

[quote name='Nextholiday?']
Any particular chocolate shops you recommend ;)
[/quote]
As Antmadmanda also mentioned, Chocolatier Dumon is the best. They do have a couple of small shops dotted around Bruges. They should be easy to spot.

The other one I'd recommend is The Chocolate Line.

Ah I can't decide whether to do Brugge or try blankenberge :o

Was going for blankenberge then someone in work said Brugge is lovely

Is blankenberge as "pretty" as Brugge?

Last year we went to Cherbourg on a two day and thought it was lovely.

Probably an obvious question but where would I find out what time we leave port please. Thank you :)

We tried an excursion to Ghent when we were with RCI rather than Bruges - we absolutely loved the place. It is a lovely town - for anyone who has been to Bruges or wants something different try Ghent and see if you can do a boat ride as part of it.:)

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='Nextholiday?']Ah I can't decide whether to do Brugge or try blankenberge :o

Was going for blankenberge then someone in work said Brugge is lovely

Is blankenberge as "pretty" as Brugge?

Last year we went to Cherbourg on a two day and thought it was lovely.

Probably an obvious question but where would I find out what time we leave port please. Thank you :)[/QUOTE]

We've just booked a 7 night cruise for next October which stops in Cherbourg, what did you do on your stop? Is anything walkable from the port?

I agree about Ghent - it's wonderful. We liked Bruges too, but did a canal boat tour on our own. You can also do that in Ghent.

Nothing much to recommend Cherbourg. We used to go there a lot on our own boat. It's quite nice to walk around, but little else.

[quote name='jeanlyon']I agree about Ghent - it's wonderful. We liked Bruges too, but did a canal boat tour on our own. You can also do that in Ghent.

Nothing much to recommend Cherbourg. We used to go there a lot on our own boat. It's quite nice to walk around, but little else.[/QUOTE]

Ghent was just magical - a fabulous day out and, apparently beat Bruges as one of the top ten places to see.;)