Opinions on my last-minute Memorial Day Weekend cruise out of Florida

Myself and the boyfriend are going to book a last-minute Memorial Day cruise. We live in Tallahassee, Florida and can drive to any FL port. We have taken off Thursday May 22nd – Monday May 26th, plus taking half-days at work on Weds the 21st, if needed. We know that our options for a 3 or 4 night cruise are limited, port-wise (Bahamas or Cozumel). The party atmosphere of a short cruise won’t bother either of us. It’s not my favorite thing, but being from Panama City Beach…I have learned to deal :rolleyes: We are fine with a guarantee cabin, understand that holiday cruises are priced higher, and are trying to keep the base price under $350 pp. Any opinions? Which would you choose and why?? P.S. – We have both been to all of these ports before.

Carnival Paradise $199pp

Thu May 22 Tampa, FL 4:00pm

Fri May 23 At Sea

Sat May 24 Cozumel, Mexico 9:00am-6:00pm

Sun May 25 At Sea

Mon May 26 Tampa, FL 8:00am

Carnival Ecstasy $289pp

Fri May 23 Miami, FL 4:00pm

Sat May 24 Nassau, Bahamas 10:00am

Sun May 25 Nassau, Bahamas 7:00am

Mon May 26 Miami, FL 8:00am

Carnival Sensation $289pp

Thu May 22 Port Canaveral, FL 4:00pm

Fri May 23 Nassau, Bahamas Noon-8:00pm

Sat May 24 At Sea

Sun May 25 Port Canaveral, FL 7:00am

Caribbean Princess $264pp

Fri May 23 Fort Lauderdale, FL 4:00pm

Sat May 24 At Sea

Sun May 25 Princess Cays, Bahamas 8:00am- 4:00pm

Mon May 26 Fort Lauderdale, FL 7:00am

Carnival Victory $299pp

Thu May 22 Miami, FL 4:00pm

Fri May 23 Key West, FL 7:30am 2:00pm

Sat May 24 Cozumel, Mexico 1:00pm 10:00pm

Sun May 25 At Sea

RCL Majesty of the Seas $309pp

Fri May 23 Miami, FL 4:30pm

Sat May 24 Coco Cay, Bahamas 8:00am 5:00pm

Sun May 25 Nassau, Bahamas 8:00am 5:00pm

Mon May 26 Miami, FL 7:00am

NCL Sky $339pp

Fri May 23 Miami, FL 5:00pm

Sat May 24 Nassau, Bahamas 8:00am 5:00pm

Sun May 25 Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas 8:00am 5:00pm

Mon May 26 Miami, FL 7:00am

This is the one I'd pick ... alone based on it's the longest cruise and a great price!! :D The longer the better :) I guess the Paradise is too a longer cruise. I'd pick one of those two and just pick which destinations I liked better.

Carnival Victory $299pp

Sun May 25 At Sea

Edited by kristie64063

I would go on Paradise for the closer distance of Port of Tampa and the lowest price. Also Cozumel is a fun port with a lot to do. I will be on Paradise in 2 weeks with the extra port of Grand Cayman added for this 5 day cruise.

Enjoy your Memorial weekend cruise.:cool:

This is the one I'd pick ... alone based on it's the longest cruise and a great price!! :D The longer the better :) I guess the Paradise is too a longer cruise. I'd pick one of those two and just pick which destinations I liked better.

Carnival Victory $299pp

Sun May 25 At Sea

This too would be my choice!:D Whichever one you choose, I hope you have a fabulous time!;)

1. Bahamas suck

2. Tampa is your closest port from Tallahassee.

3. Welcome to your Carnival Paradise.

I love this, it's exactly what every man I've asked has responded with. And you're right, those are facts! The Victory looks like a good option because it gives an extra port stop, but I have gone to Key West on enough land trips to know I've seen most of that tiny island and prefer it at night. Therefore, the close-to-home Paradise it is! :D

I love this, it's exactly what every man I've asked has responded with. And you're right, those are facts! The Victory looks like a good option because it gives an extra port stop, but I have gone to Key West on enough land trips to know I've seen most of that tiny island and prefer it at night. Therefore, the close-to-home Paradise it is! :D

Another vote for the Victory :)

So you would rather have another sea day than visit the Keys ?

Or you could visit the Keys and stay onboard and have the ship to yourself with everyone being off the ship in port ;)

I know I would be at Mr Sanchos when I went to Cozumel though :)

A visit to the Keys at those hours are a complete waste of time. Arrive too early and leave too early.

I don't think so we did it last year and had a good time just taking the trolley and walking around the Mel Fisher museum.I agree not much else to do except drink and maybe the Hemmingway house

Since my choice is a shorter drive to Tampa to a ship with only 1 stop in Cozumel vs. a longer drive to Miami with a comparable ship that adds the port of Key West in addition to Cozumel, I'm going with the Tampa option.

I think Key West is beautiful, but I have honestly never done anything in Key West before 2pm besides the Hemingway House and getting brunch. If I was on a cruise that stops there, the only thing I would try to do is hoof it to El Siboney (http://www.elsiboneyrestaurant.com/) for lunch. It's a bit of a walk from Mallory Square but it is the BEST Cuban Food I've ever had, hands down. This time however, I think I'll make the more practical decision and enjoy an extra sea day and shorter drive.

I'd say the Victory option. I just did the exact same itinerary on the Ecstasy. For KeyWest, you get the best of both worlds as you're at sea for the rest of the afternoon!! Then can watch the sunset from Mexico! Whatever you choose, have a great time!

Thank you all for the input, just booked the Paradise last night. We were actually leaning towards the Victory, but finding out about having to catch a 12:30pm shuttle back to Mole pier is what turned us away. If you consider the time it takes to get off the ship, on the shuttle and transported to Mallory Square that morning, I can only see about 4 hours in port. I've already seen the sights in Key West during land trips, so would probably only be eating & drinking...a pub crawl starting at 9am is not so much my thing:cool: