Princess Beverage Package Evaluator

kelly94942

I really do hope that the whole room doesn't have to buy it, I had heard that you would all have to!:D

The whole room doesn't have to buy it. We sailed on Ruby Princess June 4th.. hubby bought it; I didn't - no problem.

Thanks for the feedback and the links! I do not have a more recent revision, but my parents are going on a cruise next week and I have them all set up to do some recon work for me (aka taking pictures of all of the price lists they see!) I will also add in everything from your links you included! I expect to have a new revision out in 2 to 3 weeks! :)

Very good, Kelly. We will try to be patient ... and we hope that your parents succeed in finding all the pages of the bar menus, coffee/tea list, lists of mocktail and smoothies, wine lists (MDR and Vines), the price of milkshakes, etc..

Meanwhile, we think that we have found another omission from the past versions of your worksheet. Here is a link to a page of six cocktails and one beer that fall into a "Flavors of Mexico" category:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/19/uqe9eqej.jpg

Sorry if you already included the above seven drinks and we somehow overlooked them. If your folks are not going to Mexico, that menu page may not be available unless they specifically ask to see it at a bar.

Edited by jg51

I think I know the answer but I am looking for a confirmation. If I am on a 14 day b2b ( 7 day and 7 day) i could purchase the AIBP for one of the 7 days and not the other 7. Correct??

That's correct - each portion of your trip is considered independent of the other part.

So I assume if you drink a glass of wine @ 7.95. Add your tax and gratuity. That cost would jump to around 10, correct?

The cost of your glass of wine is based on the pre tax/gratuity. If you find a $10.00 glass of wine you'd like to get it still is an option...you don't have to add in the cost of tax/gratuity.

Point of clarification please! I see many folks posting that drinks "less than" $10 is included in the alcohol package. However, the Princess advertisement posted in this string states "up to $10". Does this mean a glass of wine listed at $10 is included? I really hope it is as the Vines menu has some very good wine at the $10 price point.

19 Days and counting till we sail on the Star to Alaska.

Thanks!

Point of clarification please! I see many folks posting that drinks "less than" $10 is included in the alcohol package. However, the Princess advertisement posted in this string states "up to $10". Does this mean a glass of wine listed at $10 is included? I really hope it is as the Vines menu has some very good wine at the $10 price point.

Thanks!

Yes.....wines costing $10 are included.

Not sure why my posts on this topic are seemingly being ignored. As I mentioned a few posts ago I just sailed last month so I know what I'm talking about.

Not sure why my posts on this topic are seemingly being ignored. As I mentioned a few posts ago I just sailed last month so I know what I'm talking about.

I promise not to ignore you! In fact, I appreciate your rapid response very much. I can almost taste those fine wines already.

I appreciate posts from someone who has actually purchased and used the package. We have been on ships where it has been offered but it is not cost effective for us to buy. During a given week we will buy six drinks at the Elite lounge, three bottles of wine under $40 and one coffee card. We also have water and beer from our elite mini-bar and our two corkage free bottles of wine for our cabin. Our beverage purchases are less than $190 for a week compared to $790 for the All Inclusive Beverage Package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This informative thread and having input from someone with recent experience is so helpful! I wonder if you have any input on the wine packages that are offered once we board? It may just make more sense for us to go that route with a coffee card.

I wonder if you have any input on the wine packages that are offered once we board? It may just make more sense for us to go that route with a coffee card.

Sorry, I don't have any info on that.

This informative thread and having input from someone with recent experience is so helpful! I wonder if you have any input on the wine packages that are offered once we board? It may just make more sense for us to go that route with a coffee card.

Packages specifics below are from a previous thread:

Silver Package (wine up to $29)

7 Bottle - $161 ($23/bottle)

10 Bottle - $210 ($21/bottle)

12 Bottle - $241 ($20/bottle)

Gold Package (wine up to $45)

7 Bottle - $217 ($31/bottle)

10 Bottle - $290 ($29/bottle)

12 Bottle - $336 ($28/bottle)

A 15% gratuity is added to the price of the packages.

Berni

Very good, Kelly. We will try to be patient ... and we hope that your parents succeed in finding all the pages of the bar menus, coffee/tea list, lists of mocktail and smoothies, wine lists (MDR and Vines), the price of milkshakes, etc..

Meanwhile, we think that we have found another omission from the past versions of your worksheet. Here is a link to a page of six cocktails and one beer that fall into a "Flavors of Mexico" category:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/19/uqe9eqej.jpg

Sorry if you already included the above seven drinks and we somehow overlooked them. If your folks are not going to Mexico, that menu page may not be available unless they specifically ask to see it at a bar.

Thank you! I will include these as well! Are these prices current?

Thank you! I will include these as well! Are these prices current?

We don't know if they have gone up. That link and nine others were posted by "Pam in CA" after her late-March/early-April, 2014, cruise on the Sapphire Princess. We think that your worksheet included all of the beverages from nine of her ten photos, but you are free to double-check. Here are links to Pam's two posts of April 18 (containing the ten links to her photos):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42485469&postcount=6

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42485492&postcount=8

In an earlier post in this thread of yours, we included two links to photos (taken by someone else) of the Vines wine list, because you didn't have 90% of those (roughly thirty) wines on your worksheet. Pam did not link those photos. (The Vines list has about three wines that are on the MDR wine list.)

We are getting a bit nervous about something. Some recent commenters (on this thread and others) seem to be saying that there was a recent, major increase (perhaps from 7.95 to 8.95 ... 5.50 to 6.50, etc.), at least on the prices of alcoholic beverages. We hope that this is a mistake, because it may raise some beverages (especially good $9- and $10-per-glass wines that we had intended to drink) beyond the $10 limit for the All-Inclusive Beverage Package. We think that "All-Inclusive" was the wrong adjective for Princess to use, when there could now be a considerable number of drinks that are no longer "included."

Edited by jg51

I guess that depends on if the price has to be $10 or less BEFORE the Tip fee is added. Does anyone know which is the case?

It is a $10 limit BEFORE the addition of the service charge (which is not a tip/gratuity, since it is imposed, rather than "free-will").

It is a $10 limit BEFORE the addition of the service charge (which is not a tip/gratuity, since it is imposed, rather than "free-will").

Can you imagine if it was $10 AFTER tip, and all those people with the drink package had to sit around doing calculations in their heads. :p

We don't know if they have gone up. That link and nine others were posted by "Pam in CA" after her late-March/early-April, 2014, cruise on the Sapphire Princess. We think that your worksheet included all of the beverages from nine of her ten photos, but you are free to double-check. Here are links to Pam's two posts of April 18 (containing the ten links to her photos):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42485469&postcount=6

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42485492&postcount=8

In an earlier post in this thread of yours, we included two links to photos (taken by someone else) of the Vines wine list, because you didn't have 90% of those (roughly thirty) wines on your worksheet. Pam did not link those photos. (The Vines list has about three wines that are on the MDR wine list.)

We are getting a bit nervous about something. Some recent commenters (on this thread and others) seem to be saying that there was a recent, major increase (perhaps from 7.95 to 8.95 ... 5.50 to 6.50, etc.), at least on the prices of alcoholic beverages. We hope that this is a mistake, because it may raise some beverages (especially good $9- and $10-per-glass wines that we had intended to drink) beyond the $10 limit for the All-Inclusive Beverage Package. We think that "All-Inclusive" was the wrong adjective for Princess to use, when there could now be a considerable number of drinks that are no longer "included."

The price increase has occured and alot of cocktails are now around 8.95. This is still o er a $ below the limit, and anyway, the prices beforehand had been at those levels for a good few years without change. So I can't see them increasing them twice in a year or so.