Princess Beverage Package Evaluator

kelly94942

I'm cruising for the first time ever on the CB in August. This thread is so helpful. Thank you for the spreadsheet and for all this discussion.

I think the coffee card would make since, as long as I didn't "waste" a punch on anything less than $2, such as the tea. I may try brewing my own tea, as suggested.

I'm not sure about the coke card, though. Only one thing really matters...does anyone know.if they serve Coke Zero? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The price increase has occured and alot of cocktails are now around 8.95. This is still over a $ below the limit, and anyway, the prices beforehand had been at those levels for a good few years without change. So I can't see them increasing them twice in a year or so.

Thanks, "newport dave," but you apparently didn't read our comment with sufficient care. Here it is again: "We are getting a bit nervous about something. Some recent commenters (on this thread and others) seem to be saying that there was a recent, major increase (perhaps from 7.95 to 8.95 ... 5.50 to 6.50, etc.), at least on the prices of alcoholic beverages. We hope that this is a mistake, because it may raise some beverages (especially good $9- and $10-per-glass wines that we had intended to drink) beyond the $10 limit for the All-Inclusive Beverage Package. We think that 'All-Inclusive' was the wrong adjective for Princess to use, when there could now be a considerable number of drinks that are no longer 'included.'"

As you can see (we hope), we did not express fear that a further increase would occur in 2014. Also, we did not express any worry or objection to the new $8.95 [and $6.50] prices. Instead, our concern was ONLY about certain wines-by-the-glass, sold at the Vines Bar. There are four wines that have been $9 up to now -- and five wines that have been $10 up to now -- and we have been wanting to order them under the package. We do not yet know if some or all of those nine wines have now been raised to a price higher than $10.

Raising a cocktail from $7.95 to $8.95 is an increase of 12.5%. If a (formerly) $9 glass of wine were raised in price by 12.5%, the new price would be $10.13 -- and a (formerly) $10 glass would be $11.25. Losing nine desired wines would be a serious loss and would justify an objection to the (potentially) false term, "All-Inclusive," in the name of the package. We hope that Princess has not damaged the Vines wines-by-the-glass prices, so that "All-Inclusive" will really be an accurate term.

Edited by jg51

Thanks, "newport dave," but you apparently didn't read our comment with sufficient care. Here it is again: "We are getting a bit nervous about something. Some recent commenters (on this thread and others) seem to be saying that there was a recent, major increase (perhaps from 7.95 to 8.95 ... 5.50 to 6.50, etc.), at least on the prices of alcoholic beverages. We hope that this is a mistake, because it may raise some beverages (especially good $9- and $10-per-glass wines that we had intended to drink) beyond the $10 limit for the All-Inclusive Beverage Package. We think that 'All-Inclusive' was the wrong adjective for Princess to use, when there could now be a considerable number of drinks that are no longer 'included.'"

As you can see (we hope), we did not express fear that a further increase would occur in 2014. Also, we did not express any worry or objection to the new $8.95 [and $6.50] prices. Instead, our concern was ONLY about certain wines-by-the-glass, sold at the Vines Bar. There are four wines that have been $9 up to now -- and five wines that have been $10 up to now -- and we have been wanting to order them under the package. We do not yet know if some or all of those nine wines have now been raised to a price higher than $10.

Raising a cocktail from $7.95 to $8.95 is an increase of 12.5%. If a (formerly) $9 glass of wine were raised in price by 12.5%, the new price would be $10.13 -- and a (formerly) $10 glass would be $11.25. Losing nine desired wines would be a serious loss and would justify an objection to the (potentially) false term, "All-Inclusive," in the name of the package. We hope that Princess has not damaged the Vines wines-by-the-glass prices, so that "All-Inclusive" will really be an accurate term.

According to the wine list posted, the new prices for wines by the glass in the Dining Rooms were increased by $1 each from that on our last cruise in March. The same as the $1 increase for other alcoholic drinks. I have not seen a new wines by the glass price list for Vines so can't confirm the amount of any price increase and if wines formerly $10 glass of wine at Vines will no longer be part of the "All Inclusive" Beverage Package.

Sorry.....reading on my phone, so its not that easy reading long posts. Unfortunately, no idea about the wine prices, as we don't drink wine.

While I think I could probably make the drink package a good deal, I couldn't if I included my husband. He just really isn't much of a drinker, he might do 2 beers daily, maybe a shot of whiskey.

Though I would probably be more likely to try drinks I have never tried before, but if I am just paying for them as I order I won't take the chance of trying a drink that would be new as I would hate to pay for it at that point and then not like it. But the package would give a bit more freedom to try new things.

Just too bad that we have to include us both, but I realize way too many people would take advantage and just buy one package and share among two. Which sadly that just makes it bad for those of us who might have a spouse that doesn't drink as much.

You do not both have to buy it. I spoke with a very informed lady at Princess this am who told me she did not know of any increase in the drink prices. She and her husband just finished a cruise to Hawaii and the prices had not gone up. Where are these prices listed?

You do not both have to buy it. I spoke with a very informed lady at Princess this am who told me she did not know of any increase in the drink prices. She and her husband just finished a cruise to Hawaii and the prices had not gone up. Where are these prices listed?

Last September, cocktails were $7.95. This June they are now $8.95. That is the price increase, don't know about other drinks. Also for the previous poster, only one of you can get it if you want. No requirement for both of you to get it.

Just returned from the CB today and the drink prices have definitely increased to $8.95 for cocktails. We did a B2B and the first week we did not buy the Drink Package, second week we did and DH is going to compare the two weeks.;)

Thanks. Please come back and let us know.

Interesting, as everything I could read on Princess indicated all within the same cabin had to purchase. It wouldn't be too bad for me, though my husband just wouldn't do well with it at all I don't believe. I would be better to pay for his drinks as we go along. I guess we are just able to ask when we board that day?

Interesting, as everything I could read on Princess indicated all within the same cabin had to purchase. It wouldn't be too bad for me, though my husband just wouldn't do well with it at all I don't believe. I would be better to pay for his drinks as we go along. I guess we are just able to ask when we board that day?

Princess needs to update their website. One can purchase. If you really need verification, just call Princess. Very easy. :)

It's been posted on many other threads by people who have cruised multiple ships. Both people do not have to buy the pkg. Princess website is not up to date.

... I do not have a more recent revision, but my parents are going on a cruise next week and I have them all set up to do some recon work for me (aka taking pictures of all of the price lists they see!) I will also add in everything from your links you included! I expect to have a new revision out in 2 to 3 weeks! :)

Hello again, Kelly. We hope that your parents have not left yet (or that you will be in contact with them by e-mail), because we just remembered another batch of four beverages that are not yet on your Excel worksheet. We're speaking of a group of after-dinner drinks that are offered on the dessert menu at Sabatini's. [uh-oh! Maybe your folks will be on a ship that does not have Sabatini's.] We think that these cocktails are available also in the neighboring bar (Adagio) even to people who do not dine in Sabatini's.

Here is the list of beverages:

1. Sicilian Kiss (Stolichnaya Vodka, Amaretto, Irish Cream, Kahlúa, Cream)

2. Tiramisu Martini (Grey Goose Vodka, Kahlúa, Espresso, Mascarpone Cheese, Sugar, Milk)

3. Chocolate Mint Martini (Stolichnaya Vodka, White Crème de Cacao,

Peppermint Schnapps)

4. Sorbetto (Stolichnaya Vodka, Limoncello, Sweet & Sour, Cream)

The price for each of these drinks in 2013 was $7.95. In case your folks cannot determine the new prices, a guess of $8.95 is likely to be correct.

Hello again, Kelly. We hope that your parents have not left yet (or that you will be in contact with them by e-mail), because we just remembered another batch of four beverages that are not yet on your Excel worksheet. We're speaking of a group of after-dinner drinks that are offered on the dessert menu at Sabatini's. [uh-oh! Maybe your folks will be on a ship that does not have Sabatini's.] We think that these cocktails are available also in the neighboring bar (Adagio) even to people who do not dine in Sabatini's.

Here is the list of beverages:

1. Sicilian Kiss (Stolichnaya Vodka, Amaretto, Irish Cream, Kahlúa, Cream)

2. Tiramisu Martini (Grey Goose Vodka, Kahlúa, Espresso, Mascarpone Cheese, Sugar, Milk)

3. Chocolate Mint Martini (Stolichnaya Vodka, White Crème de Cacao,

Peppermint Schnapps)

4. Sorbetto (Stolichnaya Vodka, Limoncello, Sweet & Sour, Cream)

The price for each of these drinks in 2013 was $7.95. In case your folks cannot determine the new prices, a guess of $8.95 is likely to be correct.

My parents are on the Caribbean Princess right now - so indeed they have Sabatini's. I don't know if they plan to dine there, but I did ask them to check the wine list at Sabatini's with a note that they can go at any time and ask to see the menu even if they don't dine there. So HOPEFULLY they will happen upon that dessert menu. I don't expect them to check their email, but I will send them an email just in case!

I see that the beverage package does not include wine to drink in your cabin. So, if we have the beverage package, we have to pay extra to have wine in the cabin ? Is that correct ?

Where did you see that? Per the Princess website:

"Take advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Bottles of wine are NOT included in the package; however, when purchased in the bars, dining rooms, or in the stateroom, will be available at a 40% discount from the menu price. Applicable to all bottles below $100 retail. Note: This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues (not room service and excludes mini bar items)."

There is no mention of gelato which is not a beverage or that anything you can buy with a punch of a coffee card is supposed to be included in the All-inclusive Beverage Package.

Now what is done onboard a specific ship can and does vary from what is on the Princess website, but only going be what is offficially stated.

This is the information on the package as offered on the Grand.

2014-03-05+-+All-Inclusive+Bever.jpg2014-03-05+-+All-Inclusive+Bever_0001.jpg

I see that the beverage package does not include wine to drink in your cabin. So, if we have the beverage package, we have to pay extra to have wine in the cabin ? Is that correct ?

I think you can order a bottle in most bars and then take it anywhere you want. You definitely can take glasses of wine off to the cabin; I do this every night (gotta have red wine to go with my pillow chocolates -- it's that heart-healthy diet thing).

The package is now 56. per day. Princess needs to update the website. ;) The package includes glasses of wine up to 10. Of course you can have a glass in your room. To order a bottle when you have the package you get 40% off the bottle. Personally. I would just drink it by the glass.

Edited by janetz