Princess Beverage Package Evaluator

kelly94942

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for your efforts in putting this together and making it as accurate as possible. I was just wondering when your next iteration of the Beverage Package Evaluator will be coming out.

Hello, "lone_stranger."

If you go up to post #117, above, you can see that Kelly responded to us with the following words on July 7:

I do not have a more recent revision, but my parents are going on a cruise next week and I have them all set up to do some recon work for me (aka taking pictures of all of the price lists they see!) I will also add in everything from your links you included! I expect to have a new revision out in 2 to 3 weeks!

Two weeks would be around July 21 ... three weeks, July 28.

We are being patient on July 19!

Hello, "lone_stranger."

If you go up to post #117, above, you can see that Kelly responded to us with the following words on July 7:

I do not have a more recent revision, but my parents are going on a cruise next week and I have them all set up to do some recon work for me (aka taking pictures of all of the price lists they see!) I will also add in everything from your links you included! I expect to have a new revision out in 2 to 3 weeks!

Two weeks would be around July 21 ... three weeks, July 28.

We are being patient on July 19!

Thanks, missed that post.

Here it is - the updated version with all of the additional & updated prices my parents found on their cruise last week! They took a ton of menu pics for me - the list has almost doubled in size. There are a few repeats on the list - for example, if a drink is offered on multiple wine lists, I did show it multiple times on the list. Hopefully that's helpful for folks as they think about what they like to drink at specific venues.

The only 2 sections that aren't updated are the iced coffees from the International Cafe and the Flavors of Mexico. I have indicated the update date for each item, so it will be obvious how current each price is.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and as always feedback and correction suggestions are appreciated! :D

Princess Beverage Package Evaluator rev2 posted 7-20-2014.xls

Here it is - the updated version with all of the additional & updated prices my parents found on their cruise last week! They took a ton of menu pics for me - the list has almost doubled in size. There are a few repeats on the list - for example, if a drink is offered on multiple wine lists, I did show it multiple times on the list. Hopefully that's helpful for folks as they think about what they like to drink at specific venues.

The only 2 sections that aren't updated are the iced coffees from the International Cafe and the Flavors of Mexico. I have indicated the update date for each item, so it will be obvious how current each price is.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and as always feedback and correction suggestions are appreciated! :D

Thank you so much Kelly. You are a Princess. :D

We can't wait to look at it, Kelly. It will be like opening up a birthday present!

Thanks so much for doing all the hard work involved -- and thanks to your parents for co-operating for so many people's benefit.

We will be in touch if we need to ask questions or suggest corrections.

Thank you very much Kelly

Can anyone answer a probably stupid question.:confused:

My husband isn't going to have the AI package as he just has beers but I like cocktails.How will he order drinks at the bar,one using the package and one paying for?

If u have the pkg and he doesn't, he will order his drink and pay with his card. You will have to order your own drink with your card which will have the AI sticker on it. One can't order drinks with someone else's AI card.

I know I'm a bit of a weirdo but I do tend to love Pernod and OJ at breakfast. As I've had it on a couple of Princess ships I know that they do carry Pernod but I don't find it on the spreadsheet anywhere. Is this merely an oversight or has Princess stopped carrying Pernod?

Hi I have just ordered a coffee card, on the spreadsheet only large Lattes etc are shown as "to go" does this mean that I cannot get a regular size to go? I am assuming the larger size will mean the card will be punched twice. I cannot find the answer anywhere on the Princess site.

Thanks

Hi I have just ordered a coffee card, on the spreadsheet only large Lattes etc are shown as "to go" does this mean that I cannot get a regular size to go? I am assuming the larger size will mean the card will be punched twice. I cannot find the answer anywhere on the Princess site.

Thanks

The regular size is in a coffee cup, the to-go size is in a paper cup. Either one is only one punch.

Your new Excel worksheet version, Kelly, is even better than we could have imagined. Thank you so much!

We are "blown away" by the huge number of cocktails/martinis that can be found only on the Crooner's menu. Something extra helpful was your revelation that a guest is charged (at least at Crooner's) seventy cents more for "upgrading" a cocktail/martini by asking for a "premium" brand of gin or vodka (the same perhaps being true throughout the ship also for rum, whiskey, and tequila). There are MANY mixed drinks that are new to us and that we hope to try (both alcoholic and not). We hope that none of the wines listed (MDR, Vines, Crooners) will be "out of stock" when we cruise.

Thank you for providing the spreadsheet with the updated prices. This clinched the decision for me to purchase the all inclusive package. I am looking forward to trying different wines/cocktails that I wouldn't normally have for fear I wouldn't like them. I have printed out the spreadsheet and will use it as a "check off" sheet. I hope my DW packs a lot of Advil...

Your new Excel worksheet version, Kelly, is even better than we could have imagined. Thank you so much!

We are "blown away" by the huge number of cocktails/martinis that can be found only on the Crooner's menu. Something extra helpful was your revelation that a guest is charged (at least at Crooner's) seventy cents more for "upgrading" a cocktail/martini by asking for a "premium" brand of gin or vodka (the same perhaps being true throughout the ship also for rum, whiskey, and tequila). There are MANY mixed drinks that are new to us and that we hope to try (both alcoholic and not). We hope that none of the wines listed (MDR, Vines, Crooners) will be "out of stock" when we cruise.

I did not notice the information about being charged extra for premium.

Where did you see this? Would that be at all venues?

WOW - Thank you for all the work this was. It is great!

I have saved the list. Need a set of darts - too many choices!

Like to try something different that I have not had before on a cruise.

And, I like to put the bottle of water in my freezer (never gets frozen in them) then in an insulated sleeve for shore days - stays cold all day. So getting one as I get off the ship never as good - this way I will get one the day before an outtrip!

You would have to be really picky not to find somethig you like.

And, I have bought bottles of wine that I was not keen on, but with the package, I only have to put up with a glass of a not so good wine, and move on to another brand.

Cheers!

I did not notice the information about being charged extra for premium.

Where did you see this? Would that be at all venues?

The information is a bit "hidden," and you have to "read between the lines."

In the worksheet, if you look at the lines before #354 to 359, you can see lots of martinis that are available at Crooner's -- each at $8.25. Information elsewhere on the Internet has revealed to us that those martinis are usually made with standard brands of vodka or gin (e.g., Skyy, Smirnoff, Stolichnaya, Beefeater, etc.) -- i.e., a step above the unnamed well/house brands.

Now look at lines 354 to 359, on which the premium brands of vodka and gin are listed for Crooner's martinis -- each at $8.95.

We do not know (but we hope) that the same mark-up of $0.70 will be applicable throughout the ship, for all kinds of "spirits," when requesting a premium brand.

First...Thank you for such a comprehensive list👍

I'm hoping that a CC member has an answer to my question. I am in love with the Tiramisu Martini, I know that on the Ruby and Crown it's only available at the Adiago Bar, Armando (the bartender on the Ruby) said it was because of the proximity to Sabatini's and mascarpone cheese.

I'll be on the Regal in November and was wondering if anyone knows where they are serving it, once there is no Adiago on the Regal.

Thanks.... Pat

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On my list I see it offered at Sabatini's. :)

The Adiago is across the foyer from Sabatini's on the Ruby and the Crown, it is considered the bar for Sabitini's. It's a great quiet place they had a jazz combo most nights