Princess Beverage Package Evaluator

kelly94942

The package is now 56. per day. Princess needs to update the website. ;) The package includes glasses of wine up to 10. Of course you can have a glass in your room. To order a bottle when you have the package you get 40% off the bottle. Personally. I would just drink it by the glass.

Is that before or after the gratuity? The $49 advertised price + 15% = 56.35/day so if it is now $56 that would mean 64.40/day with gratuity.

My mom emailed me just a couple of pics of menus while they are on their cruise - quite a few changes! On the tequila page, for instance, most of the prices of specific brands of tequila stayed the same. A couple went up (one 30 cents and one 75 cents). They took away the $5 house tequila and added Patron Silver at $8. All of the signature margaritas went up $1 each to $8.95 and they added 2 new ones (peach and blue). The most interesting thing is that the tequila classics (margarita, texas tea, etc.) went up $2.75 each (from $5.50 to $8.25)!! I couldn't believe that - I had to go back and look at the menu pics from the spring to confirm it was that big of a change.

Anyway, this will all be rolled up when I post the next rev of my file, just thought it was interesting!

Edited by kelly94942
grammar

So the drinks and glasses of wine that are now 8.95 with 15 percent added are

now 10.29. Do you think Princess feels by raising prices people will be more likely to purchase the package?

I've seen others mention that on here - that by increasing the individual drink prices, it increases the perceived value of the AI package and pushes people towards the package. Definitely an interesting theory.

My mom emailed me just a couple of pics of menus while they are on their cruise - quite a few changes! On the tequila page, for instance, most of the prices of specific brands of tequila stayed the same. A couple went up (one 30 cents and one 75 cents). They took away the $5 house tequila and added Patron Silver at $8. All of the signature margaritas went up $1 each to $8.95 and they added 2 new ones (peach and blue). The most interesting thing is that the tequila classics (margarita, texas tea, etc.) went up $2.75 each (from $5.50 to $8.25)!! I couldn't believe that - I had to go back and look at the menu pics from the spring to confirm it was that big of a change. Anyway, this will all be rolled up when I post the next rev of my file, just thought it was interesting!

Thanks for this preliminary report, Kelly. We look forward to the final news!

Oh, one other item. We weren't going to mention this (since some people are sensitive about receiving corrections of spelling), but since you responded positively to the correction of "Sambuca," we would like to mention the following:

1. The brand of several kinds of rum is "Bacardi," rather than "Bicardi."

2. A certain cocktail (the "national cocktail of Brazil") is the "Caipirinha," rather than "Calpirinha."

3. One or two of the wines is "Riesling," rather than "Reisling."

4. One of the categories is "Liqueurs," rather than "Liquers."

Until next time ...

I've seen others mention that on here - that by increasing the individual drink prices, it increases the perceived value of the AI package and pushes people towards the package. Definitely an interesting theory.

Well they sure have me thinking about it! :)

Well they sure have me thinking about it! :)

I was on the fence about it, but with the 8.95 drink prices I'm definitely going to purchase it for me and my wife. Our next cruise is mostly sea days since it is a repo (7 sea days, 3 port days) so I think we will be able to make it worthwhile. Plus I can try new drinks and if I don't like them it's no big deal. I would have a harder time "trying" a $9 drink.

I was on the fence about it, but with the 8.95 drink prices I'm definitely going to purchase it for me and my wife. Our next cruise is mostly sea days since it is a repo (7 sea days, 3 port days) so I think we will be able to make it worthwhile. Plus I can try new drinks and if I don't like them it's no big deal. I would have a harder time "trying" a $9 drink.

Are we on the same repo? :)

Thanks for this preliminary report, Kelly. We look forward to the final news!

Oh, one other item. We weren't going to mention this (since some people are sensitive about receiving corrections of spelling), but since you responded positively to the correction of "Sambuca," we would like to mention the following:

1. The brand of several kinds of rum is "Bacardi," rather than "Bicardi."

2. A certain cocktail (the "national cocktail of Brazil") is the "Caipirinha," rather than "Calpirinha."

3. One or two of the wines is "Riesling," rather than "Reisling."

4. One of the categories is "Liqueurs," rather than "Liquers."

Until next time ...

LOL - this made both me and DH laugh!!! Thank you for the inputs - I will capture these as well. DH asked if I was going to say that I was so embarrassed I made so many mistakes, but I told him I'm really not, it was a lot to type (couldn't copy/paste anything) and I didn't proofread it at all. Thanks again!

Thanks Kell,

Appreciate your hard work.

Ira

PS: It's "SamBuca" :)

When did they start capitalizing the 'B'? :eek: All of the references I have found spell it Sambuca.

Sambuca is an Italian anise-flavoured, usually colourless, liqueur. Its most common variety is often referred to as white sambuca to differentiate it from other varieties that are deep blue in colour or bright red.

Has anyone experience with, as a previous poster noted, how it would work to buy the bottle of wine with 40% off and share it with others at the table? Just wondering if I'd feel I was being sneaky? What about getting a liqueur and letting my DH have some sips.... If I buy the package for me, I'm thinking he'll want the odd swill of my drinks :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone experience with, as a previous poster noted, how it would work to buy the bottle of wine with 40% off and share it with others at the table? Just wondering if I'd feel I was being sneaky? What about getting a liqueur and letting my DH have some sips.... If I buy the package for me, I'm thinking he'll want the odd swill of my drinks :-)

Since a bottle of wine would never be encouraged as a single persons serving (not that I couldn't polish off a bottle or two) sharing it will be no issue.

As for a sip or taste of your drink, to the strictest person could be considered sharing but as long as you don't make a habit of it and he isn't doing more then tasting your drink I would see no issue with it. Tho multiple sips would be considered sharing in my book.

Kluv2cruz,everything I have read on other forums,says you can share. A bottle of wine.We are buying one package as I like an assortment of drinks and my husband has mainly beer and wine.I like to try cocktails and as HabsFan said,it's no problem if you don't like them..

We have been on 2 cruises now where my husband bought the pkg, I did not. On both trips, he has ordered a bottle of wine at dinner and we have shared it. We asked and the waiters always said it was ok, they never had a prob with it - said one person is not expected to drink the entire bottle. I've never seen it in writing where this is against the rules, could've missed it? But if it is, the public and staff should be better informed about it. Ps: I never used his card to get any other drinks for myself.

When did they start capitalizing the 'B'? :eek: All of the references I have found spell it Sambuca. ...

Hello, "lone_stranger."

We think that you misunderstood what "I_r_a" wrote. He was not hinting that the "b" in "Sambuca" should be capitalized. Instead, he was pointing out that Kelly had misspelled it, "Samuca," by emphasizing the missing "b" by capitalizing it. [He did not explicitly mention her use of "Samuca," though.]

We noticed that, and we were concerned that Kelly might make the same mistake that you made (and therefore might use a capital "B" in the Excel file). That is why, when we listed our suggested corrections, we did two things:

1. We spelled Ira's word, "Sambuca," and --

2. We gave both the wrong spellings and the right spellings of the other beverages -- without using (potentially misleading) capital letters for emphasis.

(Thanks, Kelly, for not taking offense.)

Edited by jg51

We noticed that, and we were concerned that Kelly might make the same mistake that you made (and therefore might use a capital "B" in the Excel file). That is why, when we listed our suggested corrections, we did two things:

2. We gave both the wrong spellings and the right spellings of the other beverages -- without using (potentially misleading) capital letters for emphasis.

Luckily, I immediately understood the intention with the capital b in Sambuca... just pointing out that I missed the letter.

I made all of your suggested corrections, and this time ran a spell check. I found I had also spelled Budweiser wrong. Of course, the spell checker picked up a bunch of foreign words (especially in the wines), which I ignored. So I make no guarantees on the correctness of those. :D Incidentally, I spelled Lynchburg Lemonade incorrectly, but I'm not changing that because the Princess bar menu lists it as Lynchberg Lemonade.

Hello, "lone_stranger."

Point well taken. Thank you. Your method of indicating incorrect and correct spellings is a superior way to address the issue.

Here is my initial rev of a beverage package evaluator - if you see items that are incorrect/missing, please let me know so I can improve this spreadsheet. All of the soda/water/juice prices are estimates for now, I can't seem to find current actual prices. Hope this is useful!

This is the coolest tool I've seen yet! Thanks so much!