Formal Night!?

So I work with a lady that does Carnival cruises every 6 months!! She says they have a formal night? Does anyone know about this and does every Carnival Ship offer this? :)

On 7 night cruises, there are 2. The first is the first sea day and the second is usually the 2nd night from the end, but I have seen it be 1 day earlier if there is a late port night). I haven't seen it be on the last night even if that is a sea day.

The elegant night is just in the main dining room. The lido buffet and venues are still regular casual. Although I have seen people say that it is optional even in the main dining room, I personally have seen people in regular cruise clothes leave for being uncomfortably under dressed (depends on your if you care about the stares, etc., I guess). I have only seen 1 time when the staff asked someone to leave, but he was in flip flops/swimtrunks/unbuttoned flower print shirt. But plenty of people take it as an opportunity to get all dressed up like the prom and get nice pictures taken.

Elegant night is the best time to get pictures taken, and not just because of what you're wearing. The photographers really work to pose you so you look your best, having you turn your body this way and tilt your head just so. And they take more than one shot. Probably the best picture my wife and I ever took was on Carnival, and that includes our wedding.

For women, you will see dress pants, sundresses, even some women wearing evening gowns. Most women dress like they are going to a wedding, cocktail type dresses

Most men wear dress pants and a dress shirt although you will see anything from khakis and a polo to a tux.

For women, you will see dress pants, sundresses, even some women wearing evening gowns. Most women dress like they are going to a wedding, cocktail type dresses

Most men wear dress pants and a dress shirt although you will see anything from khakis and a polo to a tux.

So we are on 7 night cruise so I will plan on 2 dresses for elegant night :) Thanks; everyone!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hear hear for the tux!! It does make you feel like a million bucks. I typically only get 1 use of my tux a year so when a cruise comes around it's like getting a bonus that year.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

So we are on 7 night cruise so I will plan on 2 dresses for elegant night :) Thanks; everyone!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I take one black Jersey dress and accessories to dress up differently. Maybe a scarf or a jacket. Jersey doesn't crush or wrinkle, so it's easy to pack. Have fun!

62A3E603-7A66-4F5C-9E63-9AEB6207FF5F_zpsn4khds3g.jpg