Freedom Of The Seas Cancelled for the month for Jan 2015

Nothing published yet. May just be standard 5 year maintenance and inspection.

I doubt they would cancel cruises for scheduled maintenance. Sounds like something unexpected. OR has this happened before? If you have to bring it in for maintenance anyway, might as well do the upgrades now?

Freedom just had dry dock in March 2011. I was on the first cruise after the dry dock. That is when they added the Cupcake Cupboard, Britto and Vintages and Dreamworks. I sail her again in March 2015.

Edited by brfd1500

You have not have this happen to you? I have been on the phone ...

for 2 hours with travel agent/Royal. Royal is says of well. I am not one who give up easily. No they did not move me but give limited dates, I have a aft corner room and now they say it's more than 2 people, after some time yes I did get that room. They did give me the same room and price but for the hotels, car and airlines they would cover the whole amount for the air change.

I can't call my TA at the moment, I will later today but can I ask what dates or other ships they offered you? Thx

We had May3, 10, and 17 booked on Freedom and were notified today that the May 3 sailing has been cancelled. Anybody know what is going on since it is supposed to be in dry dock in Jan 2015?

Don't know if it was part of what they will be addressing, but our May 4 cruise was delayed for a problem with one of the propellers.

If they announce what they are changing, I could be persuaded to change our Nov 30 cruise to sometime after Jan. Especially if they will be adding a Park Café - love that for lunch on sea days. Hmmm.....

Well I heard theyre bringing the Monarch back to PC and moving Freedom to Pullman ... :eek::p

We got off Pullmantur Sovereign on May 10th. Heard from one of the waiters that the Monarch was going to Pullmantur. We're booked on Freedom in 2015 so would be interested if there was a change involving that ship.

We got off Pullmantur Sovereign on May 10th. Heard from one of the waiters that the Monarch was going to Pullmantur. We're booked on Freedom in 2015 so would be interested if there was a change involving that ship.

Monarch went to Pullmantur last year perhaps they meant Majesty? If you notice the poster used the surprised and tongue out avatars indicating it was a joke. :)

Edited by temple1

It is a full ship charter.

http://www.maxwellatsea.com/

We were on the May 3, 2015 cruise and had to move. We rebooked for May 17, 2015, got staterooms we wanted, and got a nice onboard credit. Glad it was a full ship charter and not a 1/2 ship. We sailed once with a 1/2 ship charter and it was awful -- Celebrity before RCI bought them -- they favored the group and treated the rest of us like second class citizens.

Don't know if it was part of what they will be addressing, but our May 4 cruise was delayed for a problem with one of the propellers.

If they announce what they are changing, I could be persuaded to change our Nov 30 cruise to sometime after Jan. Especially if they will be adding a Park Café - love that for lunch on sea days. Hmmm.....

We were on the same sailing and it was a long delay until about 6:30 PM. I think because the drydock is for 4 weeks, they will be doing more than fixing the propellers but the problems probably pushed FR ahead in the drydock schedule.

I also hope they will add a Park Cafe.

Nothing published yet. May just be standard 5 year maintenance and inspection.

Bob, has it been confirmed that there is indeed a dry dock in January? I found out the jan 18th cruise was cancelled because it is now the Cruise of Irish Stars. Did RCI actually confirm a dry dock, or is it a rumor on CC?

I figure you might have inside info:)

Bob, has it been confirmed that there is indeed a dry dock in January? I found out the jan 18th cruise was cancelled because it is now the Cruise of Irish Stars. Did RCI actually confirm a dry dock, or is it a rumor on CC?

I figure you might have inside info:)

Saw the website http://www.andycooney.com/2014/02/04/cruise-of-irish-stars-2015/ It almost looks like they are booking through the regular RCI website. Edited by SherriZ366

The re-booking desk said that the cruise (Jan 25, 2015) was cancelled when I rebooked on Wednesday. The re-booking desk said that all FR Jan. 2015 sailings were cancelled.

Earlier in the day, I got an email from RCI about our May 3, 2015 cruise saying that it was chartered. So we rebooked for Feb. 22, 2015.

Had 2 re-bookings in one day

Friends re-booked their Jan. 15, 2015 sailing for Nov. 30, 2014.

The first Stars charter is in Feb. RCCL has cancelled ALL FR sailings in Jan 2015 for drydock.

Where can I see when a ship goes into dry dock? Where did you find out that the dry dock covers all sailings in January?

The website for the Irish Stars trip still has January 18th listed as their date. This is why I wonder if the dry dock was a cc assumption, or truth: :confused:

effd33b4cc30eafb6b38d2b1bdff13a0_zps29166ef6.jpg

Where can I see when a ship goes into dry dock? Where did you find out that the dry dock covers all sailings in January?

The website for the Irish Stars trip still has January 18th listed as their date. This is why I wonder if the dry dock was a cc assumption, or truth: :confused:

effd33b4cc30eafb6b38d2b1bdff13a0_zps29166ef6.jpg

Earlier in this thread there were a couple of posters who spoke directly with RCI who told hem it was Drydock. Someone also posted that the tour group is now being changed to the Explorer they just haven't updated their website.

Earlier in this thread there were a couple of posters who spoke directly with RCI who told hem it was Drydock. Someone also posted that the tour group is now being changed to the Explorer they just haven't updated their website.
You answered my question. Wonder if it is a full or partial charter.

You answered my question. Wonder if it is a full or partial charter.

I beliee that it ws a partial. The other poster said that it was being moved to the Jan 18 sailing on the Explorer which is a 6 night and still available on the website.

When the sailing on the Freedom was cancelled it was cancelled for 2 weeks at the same time initially.

I think that the early dry-dock is an unplanned event that occurred after deciding to send her over to Australia later in the year. As her 5 year dry- dock was due in 2016 perhaps it made since to do it a year early as they have excess capacity in Port Canaveral with both her, Freedom and Enchantment being there for Winter 2015/2016. Since January is a relatively slow time and reduced prices it was most likely the easiest time to take her out of service for a few weeks.

Perhaps extending the dry-dock to the full month is to do some significant upgrades to her such as we're done to the Navigator in order to prepare her for a very lucrative Australian market. Also her proximity to the Grand Bahamas shipyard where they did the Navigator upgrades was another possibility.

Edited by Ourusualbeach