Is there anyone who does not like the Steak House?

Seany527

Steak and dessert were very good. Did not care for appetizers much. Overall, it was a nice, romantic night, but feel overpriced for what we got given the fee is over and above the "already covered/base" dinner food. Glad I went once, will not do it again unless a special occasion.

We've done the steakhouse on the Pride, Sunshine, Breeze and Liberty...multiple times on each ship....not one bad meal/experience in the bunch. Would NEVER say any MDR meal was better than the steakhouse meals, well worth the extra cost.

We did the steakhouse on our first cruise. Our experience was excellent. Food and service was great. That being said, I have had nothing but excellent food and service in the MDR either. I love to eat but maybe I'm easy to please? For us it took longer in the MDR each night for dinner service than the steakhouse. Didn't do the SH on out next cruise but are planning on going on in January.

I say try it once and make your own decisions.

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

i eat at steakhouses often and i would rate my experience at the carnival steakhouse (liberty) a -10 out of 10. The NY strip steak for 3 of the people at our table were 70% fat, 2 were undercooked and my wifes filte was WAY overcooked. The staff was rude and not very helpful. Complained to guest services and they sent us 6 strawberries to our room... great. thanks.

We have been twice (Valour & Breeze) and were very disappointed with the lamb chops. On both occasions they were tough and chewy even though we ordered rare. Next time we will try the fillet.

Thanks. Now I have a yeah and neah on the lamb...

Do you you like it with mint jelly? Must be a 50's midwest deal...I got stuck.

Anyone ever see mint jelly avbx? Thinking of taking it on next cruise..LOL,,,Sarah

Anyone ever see mint jelly avbx? Thinking of taking it on next cruise..LOL,,,Sarah

I had the lamb when we were on the Dream year before last...It was a huge portion..It was okay...but just not a lot of taste..... do not remember if I was offered mint jelly! Do remember my mother serving it with the lamb when we were kids:D

:D

I had the lamb when we were on the Dream year before last...It was a huge portion..It was okay...but just not a lot of taste..... do not remember if I was offered mint jelly! Do remember my mother serving it with the lamb when we were kids:D

LOL...well it may be a thing of the past...except for at home...i am afraid i am a terrible ketchup with meat and mint jelly person with my lamb person. Thanks:):o.

I always say I earned the right to do what I want for surviving a cattle ranch for high school.

PS. When I do have that perfect meat...I have enjoyed both a few times without...mostly one year studying in France at 20 with Home stay families...our "mom" catered baptisms and confirmations...big big events in 1980 there...meat was always so fresh..most all food purchased day of...I will probably never eat that well as in that fresh and that much variety and skill again, only problem,,,medium rare to mama was extra rare to us..LOL. I had to say "well done please" LOL....Sarah

Edited by sjn911

We were on the Liberty about a month ago and they brought us mint jelly in the MDR. I'm sure you could get it in the Steakhouse as well.

We have been to the Steak House on several ships and are looking forward to it again in October. I don't think there is any comparison to the MDR in either quality or quantity. I admit that I don't eat a lot, but it is so great to have a nice, quiet (except for the screaming kids whose parents let them scream for the entire time they were in there.)

It is so worth it to us to spend the money to just enjoy a long, leisurely meal as opposed to the din in the MDR. The crab cake and lobster bisque are 10x better in the Steak House than in the MDR.

Each person has a different opinion and that's what makes living so great. If they changed the menu, I'd probably eat in the Steak House nightly and never go to the MDR.

Edited by katiel53

The crab cake and lobster bisque are 10x better in the Steak House than in the MDR.

This I will agree with 100%. Especially the lobster bisque. What they serve in MDR is almost inedible (Before I get slammed, that's the only thing I've had in MDR worthy of that infamous distinction) it's flat out horrible IMO. The bisque in steakhouse was among the best I've had. Crab cake in MDR was at least passable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved the apps on the miracle but the bone in ribeye at Outback was cooked better and had more flavor than on the miracle. Next time I will try the filet. But I loved the apps

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Everyone who says that the steakhouse meals are as good as or better than what's served in the MDR must be eating in a special MDR where I've never had the pleasure of dining. Usually, MDR meals are at best decent and at worst inedible. All three times that I've eaten in the steakhouses (once on the Breeze and twice on the Valor), the food and experience have been excellent. Both the French onion soup and portabello mushroom appetizers have been far superior to the ones served in the MDR. The steaks have been no comparison, too. The filets I've had in the MDR have been very, very good, while the last few steaks and prime rib that I've had in the MDR have been almost inedible. I literally had one bite of the last steak, and couldn't eat any more. It tasted like really cheap beef, and I've had better beef from Wal-Mart.

I am a meat eater, but my experience with meats in the MDR has had me ordering the vegetarian options most nights (the Indian vegetarian meals are usually pretty good, if extremely salty)

And for $35 dollars a person? Well, you can't get an appetizer, salad, filet mignon or lobster entrée with 2 sides, and dessert for $35/person, including tip, at any decent restaurant. Heck, at J. Alexander's, if I get a filet with one side and an appetizer OR a dessert (not both, and not with a salad), I'm looking at a $50 bill just for myself.